By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 24, 2022 - (6th June - 12th June)

I think its expected that the different sport games aren't going to have the same appeal, but it doesn't help that Switch Sports was recently released. Could be a bit of burn out with people satisified with their local multiplayer gamers atm

Around the Network

Demon Slayer Switch version will easily outsell the PS4 and PS5 versions combined, but still less than half million for a game based in the biggest manga in Japan in the last 20 years (and arguably the biggest peak of any manga in Japanese history) seems pretty underwhelming.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Demon Slayer Switch version will easily outsell the PS4 and PS5 versions combined, but still less than half million for a game based in the biggest manga in Japan in the last 20 years (and arguably the biggest peak of any manga in Japanese history) seems pretty underwhelming.

The game looks pretty underwhelming.

I need to get my eyes checked. I thought I saw an old PS5 game in the top 10 this week.

deerox said:

136k on PS4. 24k on PS5.

This is LTD sales not FW

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I need to get my eyes checked. I thought I saw an old PS5 game in the top 10 this week.

Im guessing some retailers are forcing bundles. In Australia whenever ps5 is available it comes with gt7 or an extra controller. Retailers are taking advantage of the huge demand for stock and getting even more money from a sale

Agente42 said:
deerox said:

136k on PS4. 24k on PS5.

This is LTD sales not FW

@deerox listed the first week sales in a previous post.  @SKMBlake asked for lifetime sales, which is the follow up reply from deerox that you quoted.

OLED Switch is strongly supply constrained. Wonder wether it's just this week or wether it'll stay this strongly constrained for longer.

Pinkie_pie said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Im guessing some retailers are forcing bundles. In Australia whenever ps5 is available it comes with gt7 or an extra controller. Retailers are taking advantage of the huge demand for stock and getting even more money from a sale

Yeah, bundles are a great idea.  They discourage scalping to some degree too.  This was such a good idea, that it's a shame they weren't doing it sooner.

Pinkie_pie said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I've heard that there are laws against forced bundles in Japan. But I'm not sure what they exactly state.