By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saudi Arabia buys Embracer group 8% stake about 1 billion

Aren't you still unemployed living at home? 

A shame you don't put half as much effort in finding a job as you do complaining about Saudi online to strangers.

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
Roma said:

so you are saying women and men think alike? You should really read up on the differences of how men and women think and act. Oh you are one of those who think we are equal in every aspect? that explains it then! Well keep thinking that way.

Women and Men brains are mostly equal. If the reasoning among genders are different is mostly due to cultural nurturing. I personally fail to see why women should cover their bodies so men can see them for their personality instead of body features. Shouldn't men take interest on their personalities regardless of their arms and hair being covered or not? 

Actually the brain of women and men are pretty different. Man and Woman are equal but definitely not the same and the same goes for their brains. There are quite a few things women are better at and some things men are better at.

Some of it is also biological, which makes sense because the brains of other species also differ between genders it's geared towards the survival of said species and gender after all.

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spring/how-mens-and-womens-brains-are-different.html#:~:text=Adjusted%20for%20total%20brain%20size,is%20bigger%20than%20a%20woman's.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Women and Men brains are mostly equal. If the reasoning among genders are different is mostly due to cultural nurturing. I personally fail to see why women should cover their bodies so men can see them for their personality instead of body features. Shouldn't men take interest on their personalities regardless of their arms and hair being covered or not? 

Actually the brain of women and men are pretty different. Man and Woman are equal but definitely not the same and the same goes for their brains. There are quite a few things women are better at and some things men are better at.

Some of it is also biological, which makes sense because the brains of other species also differ between genders it's geared towards the survival of said species and gender after all.

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spring/how-mens-and-womens-brains-are-different.html#:~:text=Adjusted%20for%20total%20brain%20size,is%20bigger%20than%20a%20woman's.

You took the first article you find on Google? I've read it already, it says the differences are minimal, "pretty different" would mean cognition for men and women are vastly different which is definitely not the case. The subject in discussion isn't whether men or women have slightly higher memorization rates or a bit higher ability to recollect emotions, but rather what make them pick the clothes they use. This fellow Muslim seems to believe in this fantasy that women are afraid to be perceived as worthless for men for their body features and finding liberating to cover them, I'm mesmerized in 2022 someone truly believe in this. 

I'm right now failling to see any scientific explanation of what would make women more inclined to wear clothes that covers most of their bodies, when, historically, there isn't a single culture and civilization that put so much pressure on women covering their bodies as Islamics do

Roma said:
LurkerJ said:

Oh yes, women are entrapped by the need to "look good for others" as they're too immature to have their self-worth tied to anything but how others perceive them. It makes sense when I actually think about it, thankfully men aren't as immature and don't care how their looks as perceived, so no need to cover them. I don't know how I didn't see the logic behind it before. 

so you are saying women and men think alike? You should really read up on the differences of how men and women think and act. Oh you are one of those who think we are equal in every aspect? that explains it then! Well keep thinking that way.

Your ability to come up with conclusions about me based on how I re-phrased what you said is astonishing. 

No, women and men are different biologically. To imply that these biological differences make women "entrapped" but how their looks are perceived though is demonstrably false and has no scientific basis, and in the west, your conclusion would be labelled rightfully as "sexist".

I wouldn't object if you actually pointed differences between men and women that do stem from those biological differences, of which there are many, and non of those differences require a women to dress modestly or be one of the four wives of a man.  

CaptainExplosion said:

I still say Saudi Arabia's investments are to force Sharia Law onto the rest of us. That's just how petty and oppressive the Saudi royal family is.

I think you need to read about MBS a bit more. The guy has deep disdain for Islam and its teachings, in fact, a large portion of the royal family in KSA has always been liberal and care little about Islamic teachings (a large portion of the same family is disturbingly religious though). Foreign policies aside, MBS is the best king to rule Saudi Arabia when it comes liberalising the country and giving it more social freedom, women can finally drive (the bar for MBS was never high)

KSA has always managed to use Islam to successfully cast a huge sphere of influence across the globe and inside the country itself. The country was built upon an alliance between between the royal family and religious extremist Wahabis afteral. However, MBS seems to realise there are other ways by which you can rule and manipulate the people, with and without religion. KSA and China will continue to influence the world and moderate content that critical of their policies, I just don't think MBS cares at all about content that deconstructs and criticises islam. If I were you, I'd worry more about how certain factions of liberal societies are hell bent on treating Islam with kid gloves coming to its defence in the most bizarre contradictory ways imaginable. 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Qwark said:

You took the first article you find on Google? I've read it already, it says the differences are minimal, "pretty different" would mean cognition for men and women are vastly different which is definitely not the case. The subject in discussion isn't whether men or women have slightly higher memorization rates or a bit higher ability to recollect emotions, but rather what make them pick the clothes they use. This fellow Muslim seems to believe in this fantasy that women are afraid to be perceived as worthless for men for their body features and finding liberating to cover them, I'm mesmerized in 2022 someone truly believe in this. 

I'm right now failling to see any scientific explanation of what would make women more inclined to wear clothes that covers most of their bodies, when, historically, there isn't a single culture and civilization that put so much pressure on women covering their bodies as Islamics do

It isn't scientific, it is cultural.  I try not to bash people's culture.  I have female relatives who vote to restrict women's right (e.g. abortion)....  different people believe in different things.  

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

It isn't scientific, it is cultural.  I try not to bash people's culture.  I have female relatives who vote to restrict women's right (e.g. abortion)....  different people believe in different things.  

Correct. You can argue men and women brains aren't the same but even this is a stretch, as a non-standard woman can have a brain that is physiologically identical to one of the average man, conversely some man can born with a brain that looks like a standard woman.

I know I'm stating the obvious for any person who isn't Islamic, but seems like the Muslim fellow lives in a parallel universe where women and men are from different species. 

Clothes were invented to protect humans from climate hazards, the way fashion and custom evolved is different based in whatever culture you are placed, hence any difference between males and females dressing is, by definition, cultural. Trying to find differences in gender to justify clothing is moronic, women in Islam dress like they do because this is how they were socialized to dress, not because they feel more comfortable or more in control, or any kind of delusion Muslim men creates to lie to themselves 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Roma said:

there is a big difference in how men react and act when it comes to seeing skin of the opposite sex. A man will approach a women he finds interesting in the hopes he can get in bed with her. A women is more likely to be the one waiting to be approached and is more likely looking to find a suitable partner that can provide and protect her. A man wants to spread his seed while a women want's something stable.  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

LurkerJ said:
Roma said:

Your ability to come up with conclusions about me based on how I re-phrased what you said is astonishing. 

No, women and men are different biologically. To imply that these biological differences make women "entrapped" but how their looks are perceived though is demonstrably false and has no scientific basis, and in the west, your conclusion would be labelled rightfully as "sexist".

I wouldn't object if you actually pointed differences between men and women that do stem from those biological differences, of which there are many, and non of those differences require a women to dress modestly or be one of the four wives of a man.  

Women are not entrapped because of their biological features. Her choices are what entraps her. Same thing can be said about men

tell me honestly which of the sexes is more vulnerable and is an easier target for being raped? And then tell me who is more like to end up in a situation like that. A women shot shows her sexy body or a women that is covered up?

Having four wives is allowed in certain times. For example if a man is married and his wife can't have children he is allowed to marry another women without leaving his old wife. It is a actually a good thing since she will still be provided for and protected rather than left single. if she does not want it she can chose to leave. This is one example of when a man can have more than one wife. another one is a time where there is war and there are not enough men but a lot of widowed women. it goes a lot deeper that that but there is wisdom in allowing men to have more than one wife. 

Last edited by Roma - on 09 June 2022

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Bandorr said:
Chrkeller said:

Aren't you still unemployed living at home? 

A shame you don't put half as much effort in finding a job as you do complaining about Saudi online to strangers.

This is a full on stop. Like seriously. You couldn't have thought this was a good idea. There is no valid argument in here. This is just a pathetic cheap shot at someones live style. It doesn't help any argument you are making and it lowers the standard for this thread and you personally.

Shut it down IMMEDIATELY.

As opposed to constant cheap shots across multiple threads at an ENTIRE culture?  Fair enough, you are the mod.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 09 June 2022

Qwark said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I responded mostly to the fact you said both brains are basically the same, which isn't the case. Also man and woman have vastly different quantities in certain hormones which also has a huge impact on the behaviour and response of man and woman to different situations. It's not to be applied to every individual but there are definitely patterns. Men will generally take much more risc.

The brain of males and females functions differently. It's a good thing mostly man and female brains they complement each other in that way, but women definitely perceive the world different from men. For women in general the world is a much darker and scarier place, mainly because men are very bad at assessing risc, because by nature humans and especially male humans are terrible at seeing or sensing danger.

However yes how one dresses him or herself has little to nothing to do with the gender specific things of the brain. How one perceives the world and behaves to some extent does.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar