By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saudi Arabia buys Embracer group 8% stake about 1 billion

SegaHeart said:
Chrkeller said:

Buying a company requires SEC approval, along with other regulatory approvals. I do not see Saudi buying Sony/Disney, it would never be supported. There is a reason they are buying small stakes and not large.

I'm not familair with SEC approval? If so then that helps does this protect only Big Companies or small ones? WIll it help protect Capcom? I think Capcom is sort of big? SEC should have a say.

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, my background is physical science.  I just have been part of mergers and acquisitions.  When there is a buyout it goes through months, sometimes a year+, of regulatory approvals.  People can't just buy a company, at least not in the US and EU.  No idea on Japan.

Around the Network

Roma said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Which still not explaining why women should dress in any specific custom. Are men such irrational animals they are unlikely to not lose their minds when seeing women's hair? You really should stop trying to rationalizing aspects about your culture that aren't rational 

I won't bother creating fairytales about why women in west wear short skirts or about how empowering and emancipator skirts are. You should also stop pretending muslim clothes given any kind of freedom to muslim women.

every part of a women's body has different effects on a man. Me personally I have a soft spot for long dark hair. It's not like I will go crazy or something though i do love the way it looks and it is something that would attract me. Just because you don't have a certain attraction to a specific area of a human body part it does not mean others don't have it.

covering up gives women the same freedom as choosing to share a photo with someone. She decides as she has full control. In the west women keep telling men where their eyes are yet still chose to show their chest which is baffling to say the least.

Genuinely asking, aren't you gay? How would you know how a man feels seeing a naked woman? 

Hiku said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Oh, so we're just gonna gloss over how the prince likes to chop up journalists because they're unprotected.

There's a time and place for everything. That has been discussed at length elsewhere. It's fine to mention it because it should not be forgotten. But if it doesn't hold much relevance to this particular thread, then there's a point where we should move on from that discussion.

Yes, but at the same time it's from the prince himself, who has that history attached to him.

That's like saying everyone should just focus on the past "emperor" of Africa's donations of Uranium to France, not the fact that he was an evil cannibal who beat a load of children to death. No matter what anyone says, that history stuck with that man till the day he died, and well, this prince isn't fond of Human rights, women's rights, and has his own assassination squad, which have been documented, so yes, that history is sadly attached to the prince, who has recently bought that 8% stake. 

Like Ryu stated before, the regime currently sucks, has done for decades now, and the prince has bad history and ill will all over him, so I and others have every right to voice displeasure on this recent event and make sure the history attached to the man is brought up, especially if said person is capable of evil actions/thoughts. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Creating instability in the middle east, specifically one of the larger and more powerful nations, doesn't seem like a well thought out plan.

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

Creating instability in the middle east, specifically one of the larger and more powerful nations, doesn't seem like a well thought out plan.

It's not a stable nation right now anyway. Again with the executions and women's rights being almost non-existent.

Then again, more appropriate karma for the country would be the sequel to this little surprise they got last summer.

Last I checked, the end results were most likely worse than what we saw here.

And couple last thoughts, given this is just a circus at this point.  

1) The world depends on petroleum and depends on it a lot.  Saudi is a top 5 producer as is Russia.  Russia is already creating issues on the supply...  you want to add in Saudi...  not well thought out.

2) Just my opinion, but you shouldn't wish negative impact to an entire country who has little choice in how the country operates.  Again, naive.  

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

It's not a stable nation right now anyway. Again with the executions and women's rights being almost non-existent.

Then again, more appropriate karma for the country would be the sequel to this little surprise they got last summer.

Last I checked, the end results were most likely worse than what we saw here.

Hmm i don't think this is karma, they actually eat fried grasshoppers for high protein.

CaptainExplosion said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Hmm i don't think this is karma, they actually eat fried grasshoppers for high protein.

You'd be surprised how much damage locusts can do. Especially in a part of the world where it's really hard to grown produce.

Yeah we had swarms of locusts thanks to the strong winds pushed them real hard from Saudi Arabia to my country(Kuwait), it was wild unexpected and funny at the same time, the skies were getting covered by the grasshoppers and turned into midnight.

Some people were unhappy because they could lay eggs everywhere and many stuff damaging something, while the others were happy cause why not let's sell a bag of dried locust for $30, so people can enjoy the delicious fried locusts like hakuna matata.

Unfortunately for locusts, they didn't make it. rip. lol