By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saudi Arabia buys Embracer group 8% stake about 1 billion

Lol, I can't figure out what gaming has to do with Islam.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

Lol, I can't figure out what gaming has to do with Islam.

Nothing. Saudi Arabia just wants to buy enough into every publisher and developer, big and small, until they can force Sharia Law onto gaming as a whole.

Here is one of your problems...  you can't point to a single game that has Sharia law forced into it.  At best it is speculation on your part, but more likely just paranoia.  

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

Here is one of your problems...  you can't point to a single game that has Sharia law forced into it.  At best it is speculation on your part, but more likely just paranoia.  

This is about the country that loves to chop up journalists, abuse women, blow up Yemeni children, and like much of that part of the world is deeply anti-Semitic. And you're saying I'm being PARANOID by thinking they're not above forcing a practice as outdated as Sharia Law into people's favorite video games just because they can? Never count out how scummy Saudi Arabia is, and be like me. Accept that gaming is going to suck now and nothing will fix that. -_-

Correct.  I am calling you paranoid because in most cases they own a small percent and do not have the power to control development decisions.  

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

This is about the country that loves to chop up journalists, abuse women, blow up Yemeni children, and like much of that part of the world is deeply anti-Semitic. And you're saying I'm being PARANOID by thinking they're not above forcing a practice as outdated as Sharia Law into people's favorite video games just because they can? Never count out how scummy Saudi Arabia is, and be like me. Accept that gaming is going to suck now and nothing will fix that. -_-

Sounds like childplay compared to China and they didn't ruin gaming even though they own the biggest game company on earth (tencent).

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

Correct.  I am calling you paranoid because in most cases they own a small percent and do not have the power to control development decisions.  

They will once they buy even more into these companies, then THIS will happen:

And nothing will change that. -_-

They own percentages of quite a few companies, like twitter, slack, uber, GM, Boeing, Disney, Facebook, Citigroup, Mariott, Berkshire Hathaway, and many more.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

They will once they buy even more into these companies, then THIS will happen:

And nothing will change that. -_-

Speculation.  Nothing more.

"Fact" means sharia has been forced into gaming... which flatly has not happened.

You think it will happen, which is the very definition of speculation.

If you don't understand this elementary reality. I have nothing for you.

Speaking of facts, Saudi is invested in Capcom.  Capcom just announced SF6...  Chun Li isn't clothed any different than previous games.  So yeah, have fun with a real fact.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 08 June 2022

CaptainExplosion said:
shikamaru317 said:

Look, I'm no fan of Sharia Law myself, but I highly doubt that Saudi Arabia buying stakes in gaming companies is part of some sneaky plot to implement Sharia Law into gaming. They have owned a majority stake in SNK for months now, and I have yet to see any patches that add censorship to Samurai Shodown or KOF 15, nor any DLC fighters who wear a burka or hijab. In fact, from what I was just reading, Saudi Arabia doesn't have a law requiring women to wear a head covering in public, just one that says they must dress respectfully.

Besides, I suspect the Crown Prince likes sexy video game females just as much as the rest of the world does xD

It IS a sneaky plot to force Sharia Law into gaming. When has Saudi Arabia ever been known to not be a sneaky underhanded terror state? Never forget that most of the 9/11 conspirators were Saudi, and that Saudi Arabia loves blowing up Yemeni children while saying something like "It was an accident, we were aiming at terrorists.".

Furthermore, THIS is what that law means by "women must dress respectfully".

I sincerely doubt the prince will let sexy women stay in video games he has a stake in, since he's executed women for defending women's rights.

Chrkeller said:

Speculation.  Nothing more.

Speculation based on FACT. When have we EVER seen a woman willingly wear one of those hate crimes in clothing form and enjoy it unironically?

First of all Sharia means law so every civilized country has sharia. Second Islamic sharia/Law is not used the way it is intended in Muslim majority countries so technically there are no countries that follow Islamic sharia only a version of that countries ruling party. Islamic sharia does not force a women to wear the burka yet some countries force women to do so anyway. My point is do not lump Islam with the rules of one country.

Other than that all women must wear modestly as we do not want men to look at a women for her body features rather for her personality. It gives women in general control over who gets to see what and not be in a society that advertises and obsesses over body image. She is free from having to look sexy and constantly having to compete with other women about her appearance. 

If you want to talk about something I suggest you actually study the topic  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 08 June 2022

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

Roma said:

First of all Sharia means law so every civilized country has sharia. Second Islamic sharia/Law is not used the way it is intended in Muslim majority countries so technically there are no countries that follow Islamic sharia only a version of that countries ruling party. Islamic sharia does not force a women to wear the burka yet some countries force women to do so anyway. My point is do not lump Islam with the rules of one country.

Other than that all women must wear modestly as we do not want men to look at a women for her body features rather for her personality. It gives women in general control over who gets to see what and not be in a society that advertises and obsesses over body image. She is free from having to look sexy and constantly having to compete with other women about her appearance. 

If you want to talk about something I suggest you actually study the topic  

Oh, so I'm as bad as men who put women in burqas just because I like Mai Shiranui's butt as much as I like her courage and strength? Fuck logic, I guess.

stating that men put women in burkas is ignorance that is why I suggest you study the topic before talking about it!  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(