By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saudi Arabia buys Embracer group 8% stake about 1 billion

CaptainExplosion said:
Roma said:

stating that men put women in burkas is ignorance that is why I suggest you study the topic before talking about it!  

Ignorance? How is knowing that the main oppressors in countries where women are trapped in burkas are MEN ignorance?

it is ignorance because lots of women choose to wear it themselves! Use "some" maybe next time?

I see you're a westerner now lol keep following your media and I wish you luck with your dictator ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:

Other than that all women must wear modestly as we do not want men to look at a women for her body features rather for her personality. It gives women in general control over who gets to see what and not be in a society that advertises and obsesses over body image. She is free from having to look sexy and constantly having to compete with other women about her appearance. 

If you want to talk about something I suggest you actually study the topic  

"all women must wear modestly"

"it gives women control

"she is free from having to look sexy"

Can you sound any more contradictory? 

LurkerJ said:
Roma said:

Other than that all women must wear modestly as we do not want men to look at a women for her body features rather for her personality. It gives women in general control over who gets to see what and not be in a society that advertises and obsesses over body image. She is free from having to look sexy and constantly having to compete with other women about her appearance. 

If you want to talk about something I suggest you actually study the topic  

"it gives women control

how is this contradictory? Having control is freedom while constantly having to look good for others is being entrapped in a constant "i have to look good otherwise people wont like me" mentality. Most reverts in the west are women because they feel free. If a women is to be Muslim then she obviously has to follow the rules or leave it, same goes for men. We don't change our religion like in Christianity >_>

CaptainExplosion said:
Roma said:

it is ignorance because lots of women choose to wear it themselves! Use "some" maybe next time?

I see you're a westerner now lol keep following your media and I wish you luck with your dictator ;)

I'm Canadian.

yeah I know lol

Roma said:
LurkerJ said:

"it gives women control

how is this contradictory? Having control is freedom while constantly having to look good for others is being entrapped in a constant "i have to look good otherwise people wont like me" mentality. 

Oh yes, women are entrapped by the need to "look good for others" as they're too immature to have their self-worth tied to anything but how others perceive them. It makes sense when I actually think about it, thankfully men aren't as immature and don't care how their looks as perceived, so no need to cover them. I don't know how I didn't see the logic behind it before. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Roma said:

yeah I know lol

And you were telling ME to get MY facts straight, and LurkerJ is right, you're very contradictory. Burkas don't give women control, it gives them an inferiority complex, whereas women who dress sexily are confident and brave.

and I'll still tell you get your facts straight. it's not bravery to walk showing more of your body. TF is that kind of mentality looool!

LurkerJ said:
Roma said:

how is this contradictory? Having control is freedom while constantly having to look good for others is being entrapped in a constant "i have to look good otherwise people wont like me" mentality. 

Oh yes, women are entrapped by the need to "look good for others" as they're too immature to have their self-worth tied to anything but how others perceive them. It makes sense when I actually think about it, thankfully men aren't as immature and don't care how their looks as perceived, so no need to cover them. I don't know how I didn't see the logic behind it before. 

so you are saying women and men think alike? You should really read up on the differences of how men and women think and act. Oh you are one of those who think we are equal in every aspect? that explains it then! Well keep thinking that way.

the-pi-guy said:
Chrkeller said:

Sorry I removed your post, for some reason it broke the thread.

Presumably because it was too much data.

No worries.  I tried to fix it but my screen kept freezing.  It was just a gif of Michael Scott screaming "no, God no."

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

No worries.  I tried to fix it but my screen kept freezing.  It was just a gif of Michael Scott screaming "no, God no."

Understandable reaction to what'll happen to gaming as a result of Saudi Arabia's meddling.

Speculation and paranoia, with some Groundhog day tossed in.  Truthfully, you come across as a bit Michael Scott like.  

Especially when stuff like "fact" followed by opinion based projections with no basis.  

But carry on Mr. DoomGloom, I don't want to ruin your fruitcake.  

Roma said:
LurkerJ said:

so you are saying women and men think alike? You should really read up on the differences of how men and women think and act. Oh you are one of those who think we are equal in every aspect? that explains it then! Well keep thinking that way.

Women and Men brains are mostly equal. If the reasoning among genders are different is mostly due to cultural nurturing. I personally fail to see why women should cover their bodies so men can see them for their personality instead of body features. Shouldn't men take interest on their personalities regardless of their arms and hair being covered or not?