By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which PSN+ Plan are you opting for?

Sold my PS5, PS3, PS Vita and about to do the same with my PS4 Pro, so none

Around the Network

Just plain old regular for jolly cooperation. I already have more games than I can play. No need for additional services.

I forgot what I said? BBC hacker really messed this thread.

Have no interest in playing old games, so Extra is perfect for me,especially right now with cost of living and not having as much time with a baby in the house.

I buy the odd game or big release and the rest I just get to play via Extra. Selection and variety is perfect, and the cost of it during sales makes it even better.

I renewed at the Essential level. I think Premium is a good deal and there are a lot of games I am keen to play on it. But the fact of the matter is that my backlog is so huge that it would be a waste of money. I hope to clear out my backlog to a point where my main gaming can be through the subscription service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

Damn man.

You shifting to pc or something?

ironmanDX said:
SKMBlake said:

Damn man.

You shifting to pc or something?

Yes, kind of, got a Steam Deck. I thought I new what gaming was, and then I discovered the Steam library.

I can still play PS Premium games through the Cloud on my SD but not for now, my backlog keeps getting bigger with the black friday deals

So I read in a few places that Grand Theft Auto VC is supposedly leaving the Plus Catalogue in Feb, so I downloaded it. I just happened to look in the game information section once installed and it showed a Feb 24, 2023 end date I believe.

I then decided to download Ghost of Tsushima DC just because, and checked the information as well to see if there was an end date, and it shows Dec 15, 2022 and says I have 13 days left to play.
I can't find anyone mentioning this anywhere. Am I the first to catch this, or is this likely a mistake? Maybe I'm missing something?

I also read that AC Valhalla is supposed to be available for Extra subs until it's Dec 20, 2022 end date, but the Plus Catalogue shows me it's only available to download for Premium members which seems odd.
I also noticed that the other day when I looked up Death Stranding in general search, there was only the DC version, but now it's only showing the original version oddly.

I've had the store glitch and reboot sort of a few times this week. It's never done that before. Maybe there's a problem with the store or the most recent system firmware?

Well apparently when you download a Plus Catalogue game, you have 13 days to play it once the game expires. The Ghost of Tsushima date already went further back one more day, and Vice City changed to show the same. Kinda odd why Vice City showed the Feb expiry date initially then changed to 13 days as well. The PS Store still shows the Feb expiry date. A better system for catalogue expiry on PS4 would be nice. Not sure on PS5.

I stuck with Essential and I am happy with my decision. Apparently, games on higher tiers come and go, so I have to play them before they "expire", which is not going to happen as I game on the Switch mainly and the PS5 occasionally, essential games are mine as long as I keep my subscription active (which I renew during holiday periods and cost me nothing ultimately). Also, the quality of games offered hasn't dropped after introducing Extra/Premium..

Being an essential member since PS Plus launch has been an excellent investment.