By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which PSN+ Plan are you opting for?

axumblade said:
DonFerrari said:

The library from PS3 isn't bad, but the PS1,2,PSP is quite meager at the moment.

I didn’t get a chance to look but isn’t there just 1 or 2 psp games?

Yes. That is why I said for the full PS1,2 and P list it is meager (very few games).

Asia was just ecochrome, I didn't double check USA, but seems like it is just this one as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I'm probably going to bump it up to extra one of these days. If premium ever gets a much bigger selection I may bump it up further.

Last edited by rapsuperstar31 - on 14 June 2022

SegaHeart said:

Will upgrade later, Can people show me the Ps1 and Ps2 games currently? that's the version I'm more interested. Glad Ps Plus Premium and other plan launched yesterday.

Jak games, Dark Cloud, Ape Escape 1/2, Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 1/3, Star Wars Racer Revenge, Red Factions 1/2, Primal, Fantavision, Rise of Kasai, Mark of Krii, War of the Monsters, Star Wars Jedi Star fighter, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Arc the Lad, Okage, Dark Cloud 2, Hot Shot Tennis, Siren, Kinetica, Toy Story 2, Worms Armagedon/World Party, Oddworld 1, Tekken 2, Mr. Driller, Hot Shot Golf, IQ, Echochrome, Jumping Flash, Syphon Filter and Resident Evil Directors Cut.

There are others in the ps4 category from the ps1 like Final Fantasy 7-10, and 12.

If you owned any of them on ps3's psn store you can download them without paying for premium.  I could download Syphon Filter, Wild Arms, and Odworld without subscribing.

I will have to see Sony game plan further out before thinking about bumping up my + sub. Currently I only have enough room for one prime service and GP it is, If I have to wait 2 years for Sony first party then I see no reason to upgrade. If Sony is able to get some day one 3rd party I am interested in then I might consider upgrading but for right now, there is nothing that says, upgrade now for me.

SegaHeart said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Jak games, Dark Cloud, Ape Escape 1/2, Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 1/3, Star Wars Racer Revenge, Red Factions 1/2, Primal, Fantavision, Rise of Kasai, Mark of Krii, War of the Monsters, Star Wars Jedi Star fighter, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Arc the Lad, Okage, Dark Cloud 2, Hot Shot Tennis, Siren, Kinetica, Toy Story 2, Worms Armagedon/World Party, Oddworld 1, Tekken 2, Mr. Driller, Hot Shot Golf, IQ, Echochrome, Jumping Flash, Syphon Filter and Resident Evil Directors Cut.

There are others in the ps4 category from the ps1 like Final Fantasy 7-10, and 12.

If you owned any of them on ps3's psn store you can download them without paying for premium.  I could download Syphon Filter, Wild Arms, and Odworld without subscribing.

Thanks i'll wait then they need more, I want Dinocrisis, bloody roar 2, Parasite eve 1 and 2, Rayman 1, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Grandia,Breath of Fire 3, Suikoden 2, Valkyrie profile, Front Mission, Megaman the missadventures of Tronne Bonne, Snow Kids Plus, Spiderman PS1 etc 

Currently their classic offering is very meager.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

Essential for the base benefits. Just like with Game Pass stuff I find the games way outside my strike zone that it's absolutely pointless. The RPG list is just absolutely appalling in its lack of key niche games. These services need games that are hard to find, not just the games we already had access to in a million ways already.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:

Essential for the base benefits. Just like with Game Pass stuff I find the games way outside my strike zone that it's absolutely pointless. The RPG list is just absolutely appalling in its lack of key niche games. These services need games that are hard to find, not just the games we already had access to in a million ways already.

And that you can currently find for like 10 bucks.

axumblade said:
DonFerrari said:

Bc There is a good chance on the months it take for you to upgrade some good titles are added to the classics.

Yeah, I’ll be honest, I was wondering why it was missing a few games that seem obvious (Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Resistance 1&2 etc) but at least I have other games to keep me occupied until they put them on there. 

I was also wondering this.  I wanted to play sly cooper, which Sony already had on psnow, and it’s strangely missing from the current line up.  Also, was looking forward to replaying some twisted metal, but none of those games are on there either.

My main account stays at Essential, but today I made a second account where I use the 7-day-trial PS+ Premium. Maybe I'll get PS+ Extra a month per year on my secondary account.

ConservagameR said:

Likely going to try out Extra for a year, then either stick with it or drop back down to Essential. Premium doesn't do it for me at the moment with what's on offer.

Upgraded to Extra today on PS4. Anyone know what the deal is with the missing game catalogue listings?

First game I go look for is Death Stranding and can't find it. Then Spiderman and can't find it, yet Miles Morales is there.

I eventually PS Store general search DS and Spidey and sure enough they show available to download for Extra subs.

Surely there's a problem and it can't be that PS is purposely leaving some games off the list are they?