By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony donated $50,000 :)

Sony donated $50,000 on abortion movement.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

WTF?

“[Sony Interactive Entertainment] will not approve ANY statements from any studio on the topic of reproductive rights. We fought hard for this and we did not win.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/05/16/sony-insomniac-roe-v-wade-email-ratchet-clank-spider-man/

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

makes perfect sense

SegaHeart said:

WTF?

“[Sony Interactive Entertainment] will not approve ANY statements from any studio on the topic of reproductive rights. We fought hard for this and we did not win.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/05/16/sony-insomniac-roe-v-wade-email-ratchet-clank-spider-man/

Alot of people love Microsoft, I mean It's because they were created in America they been into USA politics since the creation of Microsoft in USA
that Sony comment I self quote is a forieghn Country that barely knows What is means to be American? But Playstation as a brand is too strong and Sony Japan knows it majority will keep buying Sony while few leave Playstation ecosystem very few. Though I would not leave because I know Jim Ryan will not always be there just like Reggie was there in Wii era and Satoru Iwata was in Wii U era then Doug Bowser in Switch Era

Microsoft said 
"Microsoft will continue to do everything we can under the law to protect our employees' rights and support employees and their enrolled dependents in accessing critical health care — which already includes services like abortion and gender-affirming care — regardless of where they live across the U.S.," reads a statement issued to The Post. "This support is being extended to include travel expense assistance for these and other medical services where access to care is limited in availability in an employee's home geographic region."

SegaHeart said:

Microsoft said 
"Microsoft will continue to do everything we can under the law to protect our employees' rights and support employees and their enrolled dependents in accessing critical health care — which already includes services like abortion and gender-affirming care — regardless of where they live across the U.S.," reads a statement issued to The Post. "This support is being extended to include travel expense assistance for these and other medical services where access to care is limited in availability in an employee's home geographic region."

This right there is what a company need to do: support their employees.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
SegaHeart said:

Microsoft said 

If only Sony was Created in American soil they understand what it means to be American and say the right things in USA politics. But yes, Sony is not well versed in American politics I understand the world doesn't revolve around USA.Japan has their line of thinking, Ukraine has their line of thinking,"China has their line of thinking like 1 child per parent and eating human babies if theirs a second child also eat and rob pets from USA and bring them in China to butcher and eat :("

Ignore.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 17 May 2022

Corporations need to stay out of politics. Scary thought having billion dollar companies driving social policy.

At the end of the day, as a US citizen, we have mid term elections... if people want a federal law protecting rights, vote that way and it will happen.

I could be odd man out, but I'm with Jim Ryan on this one. Let the people decide, not corporations.

Edit

I also think people who don't live in the US are unaware of polarizing this topic is, in addition to the large percent of anti abortion in the States.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 17 May 2022

SegaHeart said:
Mnementh said:

If only Sony was Created in American soil they understand what it means to be American and say the right things in USA politics. But yes, Sony is not well versed in American politics I understand the world doesn't revolve around USA.Japan has their line of thinking, Ukraine has their line of thinking,"China has their line of thinking like 1 child per parent and eating human babies if theirs a second child also eat and rob pets from USA and bring them in China to butcher and eat :("

I'm sorry, but no. Sony, like any other multinational organisation, aren't just oblivious to cultural differences. 

Could you make the argument that Jim Ryan's perspective on abortion is different to your average American? Sure, maybe. His own individual biases + his own cultural and societal experiences will colour how he views the world.

Sony aren't not approving statements on abortion because they're not American or understand American culture, they're doing it to limit the political stance their company will inevitably have to take on abortion rights. OR, maybe they're in the process of trying to calibrate how the company as a whole is going to move forward in addressing political tensions surrounding such issues, and therefore are not allowing such statements to go through until they've agreed on whatever policy they want to use.

After all, if they agree with pro-abortion messages from employees, should they also not allow anti-abortion messages from their employees too? Surely not allowing the latter is showing no support for them? 

i think it's a tricky situation to be in when you're a big organisation.  NONETHELESS, Sony should be acting more progressively on these sort of situations. I don't agree with them wanting to not take a firm stand one way or another, but I do understand that it may not be as black and white as it appears. Still, I'm not personally happy with their messaging on this topic of abortion over the last week, so hopefully they can rectify that.

Total waste of money if you ask me, this is a governmental problem to solve, not a problem to be solved by multidollar companies. I would rather have seen they put that money into better recycling of electronic waste, or give it to their employees due to the recession. Sony produces a lot of products which turn into electronic waste after all, so if you say I see that as my responsibilitie, sure. This is just virtue signalling with a way too low amount of money to make any difference whatsoever.

Last edited by Qwark - on 17 May 2022

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar