By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Elden Ring is the best selling title in the last 12 months, even though it has only been out for three. Surpasses Call of Duty: Vanguard. (USA)

Wow, what a success. Congratulations From Soft, this is deserved in my personal opinion, what a gem this game is.

Take that all the ones demanding easy modes, so that Souls can reach the masses. Apparently the masses are fine with it.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 14 May 2022

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Unsurprising and very deserved, its a fantastic game. Easily my #1 of the last 2-3 years.

Oh, in the USA. I was like wait there were definitely games that sold more. But nevertheless congrats to Fromsoft. They've come a long way since King's Field.

Quality sells.

Literally just finished my first playthough of the game about 5 minutes ago, and I can say those sales are well-deserved. Not quite sure yet how I would rank it against the other Soulsborne games, but it is unquestionably the best open world game I've ever played. Minor issues aside, I spent almost 135 hours on the game, and enjoyed nearly all of it.

Last edited by Darashiva - on 14 May 2022

Around the Network

Beat it and enjoyed it, but find it overrated.

Kyuu said:
Ljink96 said:

Oh, in the USA. I was like wait there were definitely games that sold more. But nevertheless congrats to Fromsoft. They've come a long way since King's Field.

What games definitely sold more within the last 12 months? We know that Elden Ring did 13.4 million at the end of March, and probably over 15 million by May. It's performing stupidly well in every region and every system.

Pokemon BD/SP has sold 14.6 million as of March

This is good news for single player games tbh.

I hope it gets ubisoft and others to assess their homogenised open world formula too.

Once more proving, once and for all and without a shadow of a doubt, that single-player gaming is dead. Wait, what?

Mummelmann said:

Once more proving, once and for all and without a shadow of a doubt, that single-player gaming is dead. Wait, what?

Elden Ring can be multi-player.  I play it with my bother regularly.