By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite non-video games

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I like to play chess and UNO.

I like UNO myself. I actually have the Switch version of UNO which I haven't played in a while.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I like to play chess and UNO.

I like UNO myself. I actually have the Switch version of UNO which I haven't played in a while.

I used to play UNO at my school days.

When we had nothing to do after the lessons, someone would pick a UNO set and we would play until the end of the class. Good times.

Strip poker with Captain Yuri but just as you would expect being the pervert he is he cheats.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I loved playing Risk and chess with my family. My fam and I like to outsmart each other so that was always fun. It'd be quite a laugh when my lil bro would cheese some small victories in Risk.

Also playing Magic: The Gathering with my brothers is always fun even though they're way better than me at that. Pay to win I always say when I get rolled lmaooo

Oh and loved Stratego growing up too. Come to think of it.. I don't really play any card/board games anymore lol

Last edited by tsogud - on 04 May 2022

Vodacixi said:
TomaTito said:

My favourite is playing card games with the Spanish deck at that.

There are various games that you can play, but the one I enjoy the most is Escoba.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escoba
Pretty easy game that you just need to add to 15 to remove the cards on the table.

Escoba is cool. Though I'm more of a Brisca kind of guy xD

I really like Clue. Too bad no one else around me wants to play...

That's a popular one, together with Mus. In my family apart from Escoba, we prefer Tute and Chinchón. Although there are some that like Cinquillo... and the children always want to play Culo sucio

Cluedo is pretty fun, been ages since I've played it. There has been a resurgence of boardgames, from the latest ones I have played really enjoyed the cooperative play from Pandemic and the dynamic game in Castle Panic.
I'm sure there are interesting ones out there, so will check out of the suggestions in this thread.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Wingspan (a game about managing birds which is more fun that it sounds!)

Hahaha - that's the very part that stopped me from getting it on numerous occasions, no matter how much praise I've heard about it - I guess I should ease up a bit on the theme, I've also had problem with "making and selling wine", and now Viticulture is one of my favorite games. :P

HoloDust said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Wingspan (a game about managing birds which is more fun that it sounds!)

Hahaha - that's the very part that stopped me from getting it on numerous occasions, no matter how much praise I've heard about it - I guess I should ease up a bit on the theme, I've also had problem with "making and selling wine", and now Viticulture is one of my favorite games. :P

I was unsure at first but Wingspan is a really fun strategic game and like another favorite of mine (7 Wonders) you don't really know who's winning until the end because of the many ways to score points.

Signature goes here!

Some quick thoughts: (no specific order)
- Russian Railroads
- Great Western Trail
- Tainted Grail
- Spirit Island
- Terra Mystica
- Suburbia
- 7 Wonders
- Dominion
- Brass
- Castles of Burgundy
- Marco Polo
- Five Tribes

I like strategy boardgames like Catan. I love building up stuff. When I was young I used to play two board games in particular with my brothers, and those were Hero Quest, which is a an awesome fantasy dungeon crawler, and Die Schlacht der Dinosaurier (=  'Battle of the Dinosaurs'), which is pure mayhem and chaos with up to four rivaling dinosaur squads duking it out until only one is left alive.

The best game of all time is Chess, however. Nothing beats the depth and beauty of Chess.

Has anyone of you ever experienced an Escape Room? Please do so if you haven't, they are amazing experiences. You are locked inside a room and have to solve hidden puzzles and find clues until you open the final lock to get out. It's awesome, especially when you play in a group.

Last edited by GoOnKid - on 06 May 2022

axumblade said:
GoOnKid said:

I like strategy boardgames like Catan. I love building up stuff. When I was young I used to play two board games in particular with my brothers, and those were Hero Quest, which is a an awesome fantasy dungeon crawler, and Die Schlacht der Dinosaurier (=  'Battle of the Dinosaurs'), which is pure mayhem and chaos with up to four rivaling dinosaur squads duking it out until only one is left alive.

The best game of all time is Chess, however. Nothing beats the depth and beauty of Chess.

Has anyone of you ever experienced an Escape Room? Please do so if you haven't, they are amazing experiences. You are locked inside a room and have to solve hidden puzzles and find clues until you open the final lock to get out. It's awesome, especially when you play in a group.

I have done 2 escape rooms. The first time we only had seconds to escape! I want to do another one though. First one was themed about waking up in a serial killers house. The second one was pirate themed. Don’t remember much of the context but the production quality was way better.

Nice! I have also been to two rooms as of now. One was a mountain cabin where we somehow cheated by accidentally hitting a certain switch that we were not supposed to see at that point. The other was themed like an egyptian tomb inside a pyramid and the puzzles in that one were mindblowing, including a beam of light that had to be deflected off a mirror. And we were so close to solving the final puzzle but we ran out of time!!! Just a few more seconds would have been enough.