By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite non-video games

TruckOSaurus said:
HoloDust said:

Hahaha - that's the very part that stopped me from getting it on numerous occasions, no matter how much praise I've heard about it - I guess I should ease up a bit on the theme, I've also had problem with "making and selling wine", and now Viticulture is one of my favorite games. :P

I was unsure at first but Wingspan is a really fun strategic game and like another favorite of mine (7 Wonders) you don't really know who's winning until the end because of the many ways to score points.

I liked 7 Wonders, but I like 7 Wonders Duel more, so I haven't played former more than a few times - it's a good game, I just wasn't smitten with it (similar thing happened to me with Everdell and Lost Ruins of Arnak).

If you like "not knowing who's winning", with medium weight (3.01, vs Wingspan's 2.44 on BGG) strategy, I would strongly suggest Concordia - I was on the edge about it for a while, and then I stumbled across Shut Up & Sit Down review of it few years ago and just had to buy it - since then it's firmly in my Top 10 games (I have only around 100 games at any given time due to "our" (mostly wife's) policy of "one new in, one old out", which luckily applies only for boardgames, miniatures for RPGs are safe from that).

Around the Network

Battleship/dots and boxes. Everything else takes too long. I wouldn't mind never playing monopoly again.