By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What singleplayer games have you replayed the most times?

I can't give an exact count, but I'm about 99% sure my most replayed game is Home Alone 2 for Sega Genesis (unexpected I'm sure); it became a family Holiday tradition when I was a kid for me and my brother to take turns beating levels of the game on Christmas Eve, with me doing 1, 3, 5, and 7, and him doing 2, 4, 6, and 8. As an adult I have kept up the tradition by playing the game on Christmas Eve, though I don't do it every year anymore. I have no exact count to give, but I have definitely played it at least 14 times, though probably less than 20 times. 

As for the rest of my list:

• My 2nd most replayed game is probably Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I also can't give an exact count there, but I've probably played it all the way through at least 12 times
  • My 3rd is probably Halo 3 with at least 10 full playthroughs, I used to be in a Halo clan and helped run clanmates through the game on Legendary and helped them get all the skulls, so I played the campaign alot.
  • My 3rd is probably a tie between Sonic CD and Pokemon Sapphire, with at least 7 full playthroughs
  • My 4th is probably Sonic 2, with at least 6 playthroughs (though I don't recall ever beating the final boss, thanks to the no rings for that boss fight)
  • My 5th is probably Age of Empires 2 with at least 5 full playthroughs
  • My 6th is probably a tie between Halo 2, Saints Row 4, and Red Dead Redemption with 4 full playthroughs each
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 May 2022

Around the Network

SMB1, by far. Innumerable. It never gets old for me.

Including speedruns, probably Super Metroid, though it might be Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

I guess Star Fox 64 also, but that game is kinda made for you to beat it a million times anyway.

In terms of long campaigns I just kept replaying, probably A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. I replayed those ad nauseum back in the day.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

Hmm not totally sure.  I may revisit this thread if I think of more examples.

Platformers. Mario 64,Mario World Genesis Sonic games and Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast.

Twin Sticker shooters. Nex Machina and Ruiner

Third person Shooter. VanQuish.

Stylish action games. Bayonetta 2,Metal Gear Rising and DMC5.

Racing. Mario kart 64, Daytona USA

Run n Gun. Assault Suit Leynos,Contra III,Gunstar Heroes

Sports. NFL Blitz 2000. Neo Turf Masters. Baseball Stars 2.

FPS. Bulletstorm.

Point n Click. Grim Fandango and Snatcher.

RPGs. Ys 1,Grandia II. even tho I played countless other RPGs multiple times.

Beat em Ups. TMNT Turtles in Time, Sengoku 3,SOR2,X-Men,The Ninja Warriors,Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom,Golden Axe, Dragon's Crown

Side Scrolling Action games. Strider 2.

Mech games. Zone of the Enders 2,Daemon X Machina and Bulk Slash

Fighting Games. Street Figher II (only because I inadvertently have it on multiple systems from collections) and Virtua Fighter 2

Rail Shooter. House of the Dead 2. Area 51 Arcade. Virtua Cop

Shmup. Ikaruga,Raiden IV,MUSHA,Gairares,Hyper Duel and a few more I have replayed countless times.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Gen 6: Either KOTOR 2 or Half Life 2.
Gen 7: Either Mass Effect or ... Half Life 2 (TOB)
Gen 8: Either NITW or DoS II
Gen 9: Elden Ring so far at 5+ playthroughs

Ride The Chariot

Around the Network

If it needs to be a game that I've actually finished multiple times, I'm guessing it might be either Mega Man 2, Mega Man 4, Kirby's Adventure on NES. There's an outside chance it could also be Final Fantasy IX, but I doubt I've finished it quite as many times as the three NES games.

Probably Link to the Past

Luigi's Mansion easily. Probably 30+ playthroughs minimum. I remember playing it nonstop for a week with at least 6 or 7 playthroughs in a row before it got a bit boring.

In second place has to be Super Mario Sunshine. I'm unsure how many times I played through it but I used to play it at least twice a year back in the day.

In third place either Wind Waker or Super Mario Galaxy, at least half a dozen each.

I haven't got the slightest clue about my super young years, which I replayed the same games over and over.

But past 2000s, I probably played Halo 2 the most. We would rent this game every month or so and play through the campaign every time. Eventually I even beat it on Legendary.

Another relatively short but enjoyable experience was the Spyro trilogy, especially the first one since it is oldest. And each time I had the knack to play any of the Spyros, I had to beat Spyro the Dragon first.

Digimon World was beaten multiple times, as well as Pokemon Yellow.

For longer games, FFX is the winner. Multiple times played through despite the length of the game.

Resident Evil 4 I've done probably 25-30 times. Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3 are probably in the same ballpark.

The first two Tomb Raider games I'd say maybe 15-20 times each. Probably Yoshi's Island, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine as well. Goldeneye got plenty of mileage too.

Last edited by drbunnig - on 01 May 2022