By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What singleplayer games have you replayed the most times?

SMB1, by far. Innumerable. It never gets old for me.

Around the Network

Hmm not totally sure.  I may revisit this thread if I think of more examples.

Platformers. Mario 64,Mario World Genesis Sonic games and Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast.

Twin Sticker shooters. Nex Machina and Ruiner

Third person Shooter. VanQuish.

Stylish action games. Bayonetta 2,Metal Gear Rising and DMC5.

Racing. Mario kart 64, Daytona USA

Run n Gun. Assault Suit Leynos,Contra III,Gunstar Heroes

Sports. NFL Blitz 2000. Neo Turf Masters. Baseball Stars 2.

FPS. Bulletstorm.

Point n Click. Grim Fandango and Snatcher.

RPGs. Ys 1,Grandia II. even tho I played countless other RPGs multiple times.

Beat em Ups. TMNT Turtles in Time, Sengoku 3,SOR2,X-Men,The Ninja Warriors,Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom,Golden Axe, Dragon's Crown

Side Scrolling Action games. Strider 2.

Mech games. Zone of the Enders 2,Daemon X Machina and Bulk Slash

Fighting Games. Street Figher II (only because I inadvertently have it on multiple systems from collections) and Virtua Fighter 2

Rail Shooter. House of the Dead 2. Area 51 Arcade. Virtua Cop

Shmup. Ikaruga,Raiden IV,MUSHA,Gairares,Hyper Duel and a few more I have replayed countless times.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

If it needs to be a game that I've actually finished multiple times, I'm guessing it might be either Mega Man 2, Mega Man 4, Kirby's Adventure on NES. There's an outside chance it could also be Final Fantasy IX, but I doubt I've finished it quite as many times as the three NES games.

Probably Link to the Past

Luigi's Mansion easily. Probably 30+ playthroughs minimum. I remember playing it nonstop for a week with at least 6 or 7 playthroughs in a row before it got a bit boring.

In second place has to be Super Mario Sunshine. I'm unsure how many times I played through it but I used to play it at least twice a year back in the day.

In third place either Wind Waker or Super Mario Galaxy, at least half a dozen each.

Around the Network

I haven't got the slightest clue about my super young years, which I replayed the same games over and over.

But past 2000s, I probably played Halo 2 the most. We would rent this game every month or so and play through the campaign every time. Eventually I even beat it on Legendary.

Another relatively short but enjoyable experience was the Spyro trilogy, especially the first one since it is oldest. And each time I had the knack to play any of the Spyros, I had to beat Spyro the Dragon first.

Digimon World was beaten multiple times, as well as Pokemon Yellow.

For longer games, FFX is the winner. Multiple times played through despite the length of the game.

Resident Evil 4 I've done probably 25-30 times. Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3 are probably in the same ballpark.

The first two Tomb Raider games I'd say maybe 15-20 times each. Probably Yoshi's Island, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine as well. Goldeneye got plenty of mileage too.

Last edited by drbunnig - on 01 May 2022

Never really counted so not sure which will be highest, but pretty sure I have played these four games single player campaign through 10-15 times each:
Goldeneye 64
LoZ:Windwaker
Resident Evil 4
Mirror's Edge

I'm usually not one to complete games a ton of times unless it's games that are designed around it like Diablo for example, so for me even 3+ times is very rare, but I think the exception must be Pokémon Ruby which I must have completed at least 10 times.

Amazingly I've probably played Pokémon Crystal just as much, but only beaten that game twice, because I never reset it until the game battery ran out, just kept on leveling. Don't really know why I played those games so differently, but it just kinda became a thing.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Betrayal at Krondor, been replaying it every year since around 1995.