By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Will Nintendo Release Advance Wars 1 + 2 Re-Boot Camp

Tagged games:

So the Advance Wars 1 + 2 Remake has been my most anticipated Switch release since it was announced. Unfortunately it was delayed form its original December release date because it needed more polish.

It was then supposed to release earlier this year but Nintendo opted to delay it due to the bad optics of coinciding with Russia's blatant and unprovoked invasion of Ukraine. The game's release date remains up in the air.

I understand Nintendo's concern. However I don't think other much more violent forms of media are holding back their releases. I doubt that Call of Duty, a game that creates entertainment through simulating war will miss its release date this year.

So when do you think Nintendo will release Advance Wars? Should they? What about a digital only release with no marketing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I was majorly bummed as well. It was one of my favorite series growing up and was ready to get it day 1.

I personally think Nintendo will release it sometime during the summer. Maybe August since Nintendo doesn’t have any releases at this moment for that month. But I think it’ll be a stealth release with still a physical release since many physical copies were most likely already made by the time the decision to delay was made.

I think October. I don't think all digital as you know they already had a bunch printed and those are sitting in werehouses somewhere.

Last edited by Leynos - on 25 April 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

When the war ends.

The decision to delay it in the first place doesn't make sense to me. It's not like there haven't been any other wars going on all the time. No ones gonna be traumatised by a cartoony game like this. I just don't get it.

Around the Network

Yeah I don't get the delay either. I'm was looking forward to it. I'm guessing fall this year.

Kakadu18 said:

The decision to delay it in the first place doesn't make sense to me. It's not like there haven't been any other wars going on all the time. No ones gonna be traumatised by a cartoony game like this. I just don't get it.

Yeah it really made zero sense. Like imagine how silly it would be if CoD or any other realistic war games hadn't come out, well, ever, because of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. That's be insane. Then take that concept and apply it to a cartoon strategy war game lol.

I mean I guess it's because it's a hostile nation attacking a nation considered more to be an ally of western democracy, rather than a western democracy waging war on someone else. So to the western democratic world, which includes Japan aka Nintendo, it feels more like "hey we're being attacked!" rather than "oh yeah we're just waging war on non-western-democracies so it's alright". I imagine that has to be the sort of narrative running through people's minds to make such a decision.

Anyway, I'd expect it to maybe come out this Fall or perhaps late Summer, but I guess it depends on how long the Russia/Ukraine war lasts.

I don't think they should have delayed the game. But whatever, I want to buy it, but I'm currently playing Elden Ring. I need the delay just to find time to play it.

Advance Wars has been my most anticipated game since it was announced as well. I was just about to beg my 20-year-old GBA to work so I could start a campaign of AW2 when the Direct announcing it was released, and I can't find my copy of AW1 anywhere. So imagine my excitement when learning about the remake that would allow me to play on hardware that works.

so As long as the characters aren't altered in any way (thinking of Olaf) and it releases later this year, I can live with the delay. It's not like I don't have a shelf full of games still in shrink wrap or downloaded games that I've never even seen the Start menu for. It HAS to come out at some point.

Last edited by burninmylight - on 25 April 2022

Early next year. I think it's window for releasing in 2022 has passed, rest of the year is packed from the 1st party side