By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Will Nintendo Release Advance Wars 1 + 2 Re-Boot Camp

Tagged games:

CaptainExplosion said:

I don't think it'll ever release at this point. Thanks for nothing as usual, Russia. -_-

I highly doubt they would cancel it when it's practically ready to be released. I think it'll be out later this year.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I highly doubt they would cancel it when it's practically ready to be released. I think it'll be out later this year.

But there are still so many people not wanting to buy it because of recent events, and Russia shows no signs of fucking off. -_-

Really? I don't know of anyone that wasn't wanting to buy this game due to recent events. I thought it was more Nintendo trying to protect their brand image.

deerox said:

When the war ends.

So, a year plus? 

The war debatably started all the way back in 2014 and just consistently reached fever pitch in 2022.

Whether the war stays around the same or escalates, a year seems like the soonest it would end. It could take many years. Do you really think Nintendo is going to hold onto the game for that long?

I say this summer, maybe autumn. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Kakadu18 said:

The decision to delay it in the first place doesn't make sense to me. It's not like there haven't been any other wars going on all the time. No ones gonna be traumatised by a cartoony game like this. I just don't get it.

The game literally begins with the "Russian" nation invading another country.  That's a bad look.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

CaptainExplosion said:
Otter said:

Early next year. I think it's window for releasing in 2022 has passed, rest of the year is packed from the 1st party side

Unless Russia's still in the Ukraine even next year. -_-

I don't think its about waiting for the War to end, just waiting for the sensitivity to die down. 

Around the Network

I think the cartoony nature of the game makes it actually more problematic. In more realistic games, you at least have the argument that it is a reflection of reality that shows consequences. There's something about cheery tanks rolling through the roads that seems extra cringey at this point in time.

I love Advance Wars and hope it comes out soon. But considering all that's going on, I'm not going to complain about a game being delayed or even cancelled.