By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts March 2022 Discussion Thread

PS5 with the supplies issues and the stronger competition from Xbox will have a tough time catching up with the PS4.

Around the Network

Xbox Series X|S has a lead of more than 2 million Over the Xbox One.

PS5 Has a deficit of more than 2 million when compared to the PS4.

Interesting that the X|S lead over their last gen console is so close to the PS5 deficit to their last gen counterpart.

Nice to see Xbox Series' lead over its predecessor grow to over 2 million in spite of heavy supply shortages.
MS definitely learned their lessons and played a stronger hand this gen than last.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Nice to see Xbox Series' lead over its predecessor grow to over 2 million in spite of heavy supply shortages.
MS definitely learned their lessons and played a stronger hand this gen than last.

Every platform holder seems to get arrogant at least once. That was Sony with the PS3 and Microsoft with the Xbox One. And Nintendo? Well they do their own thing. 

I would say Nintendo got arrogant with the Wii U and 3DS, thinking they could just do whatever they wanted after the success of the DS and Wii without actually listening to the market.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I would say Nintendo got arrogant with the Wii U and 3DS, thinking they could just do whatever they wanted after the success of the DS and Wii without actually listening to the market.

Yeah you are right. I hope they listen to the market and make their next platform just a more powerful Switch.

Same here, they're onto a winning formula with the Switch and I hope for once they stick with the same concept and just improve power, build quality, etc.

Around the Network

PS5 will likely finish below PS4 as a result of the shortages and increased Xbox competition.
Im guessong 110 million. Unless Sony gives it a longer lifespan than PS4.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

If the Xbox Series can build up a lead of close to 10m it'll be in a really good place I think.

Switch should outsell the PS4 sometime this year. Switch vs. DS is the more interesting comparison.

Switch should lose again to DS next month, because it will still be a holiday month for DS. After that the DS starts to run out of steam pretty quickly. Meanwhile Switch software looks to be incredibly good for the foreseeable future. Switch is going to start closing that gap in a couple of months and it's going to keep doing so far quite a while. It will be an interesting race to watch for at least a couple of more years.

Oof!

PS5 and Switch forming the same double helix pattern and Switch and PS4 followed for the first three years or so, based on their different release times relative to the holiday period.
Will be interesting to see whether Switch breaks away in year 4 as did versus the PS4, or whether improved supply allows PS5 to better keep pace.