By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Lifetime sales expectations for Kirby and the Forgotten Land?

Lifetime sales expectations for Kirby and the Forgotten Land?

Less than 3 million 34 6.50%

3.0 - 3.4 million 20 3.82%

3.5 - 3.9 million 19 3.63%

4.0 - 4.4 million 44 8.41%

4.5 - 4.9 million 36 6.88%

5.0 - 5.4 million 99 18.93%

5.5 - 5.9 million 37 7.07%

6.0 - 6.4 million 39 7.46%

6.5 - 7.0 million 23 4.40%

More than 7 million 172 32.89%

Total:523

Don't know if we have another 10 million seller on our hands, but I think 7 million or more should happen.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

It should pass 7 million.
Never seen a hype train like this for a Kirby game before, plus reception has been very positive, plus the Switch Factor.

The first game Kirby’s Dreamland got to 5 million with some very impressive legs on the gameboy that we haven’t seen from the series since. 4 and a half million seems guaranteed based on early sales. We’ll see if it still gets a Christmas boost, and the occasional surprisingly good weeks on the charts that Star Allies got long after you would have thought people lost interest.

I like the idea of six million with Sakurai saying he refuses to work on Smash 6 in any capacity until his beloved Kirby sells six million copies.

RolStoppable said:

The latest installment in the longrunning Kirby series debuted to good sales in Japan and the UK and is on pace to become at least one of the bestselling games in the franchise, if not the best one. For reference, the previous game Kirby Star Allies hit 2.56m by March 2019 and has legged it out to above 3m by now. The first title in the series, Kirby's Dream Land on the Game Boy, is the only one to cross the 5m mark.

What are your lifetime sales expectations for Kirby and the Forgotten Land?

Bonus question: If you have already played the new Kirby game, what are your thoughts? Is it worthy of the perfect 10 that it received from VGChartz?

The best selling Kirby game is Kirby's Dream Land, the original title for the Gameboy. It sold just over 5 million copies. The second best selling game is Star Allies at just over 3 million. 

I chose a conservative estimate of over 4M, but, in all honesty, I think that this title, like most other Switch titles, could end up becoming the best selling entry in the Kirby franchise. 

Bonus: I vehemently disagree with the score that VGChartz gave. After a whopping three hours with the game I'd give it a 13/10. Was really disappointed with the review score despite the content being spot on. 

A well recieved 3D platformer starring the iconic pink puffball? I expect to have fairly strong legs so 7 mil lifetime seems achievable at some point.

Bonus: Haven't played it, but you hardly need to do so to know that it was fully deserved.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

9 million, it will have strong legs.

ireadtabloids said:

The first game Kirby’s Dreamland got to 5 million with some very impressive legs on the gameboy that we haven’t seen from the series since. 4 and a half million seems guaranteed based on early sales. We’ll see if it still gets a Christmas boost, and the occasional surprisingly good weeks on the charts that Star Allies got long after you would have thought people lost interest.

I like the idea of six million with Sakurai saying he refuses to work on Smash 6 in any capacity until his beloved Kirby sells six million copies.

Pretty sure if he said that, this game would sell 14 million copies, with at least 7 million coming from such diehard Smash fans that they bought 3 copies of Kirby each.

JWeinCom said:

You know, placing a zero at the end of that number would make your prediction better.  xD

OT:  I voted for >7m simply because it seems to be an excellent game and because Switch software usually amounts to higher than normal sales (unless you're DK or Yoshi, apparently).

I've only played the demo but I liked it more than any Kirby I can remember.  I'll definitely pick it up eventually.

I voted over 7m. I think this game will take Kiby up to the next sales tier.