By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Big 3's online Services

Which Service do you think is the best value?

PSN+ Premium 12 25.00%

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 28 58.33%

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion 8 16.67%

Total:48
smroadkill15 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I was curious and looked what were the games on PC Gamespass that I don't have yet and I want to play:

- No man's sky
- Star Wars Fallen order
- The Outer Worlds

There are 413 games in the service in my country

I can buy any them on PS4 (some physical, NMS digital) and they would cost me around 600 BRL. Gamepass currently is 45BRL a month. Meaning It would take around 13 months until GP start becoming more expensive than just buying these games which is... bad, really bad

(Interesting, I've counted 17 indies games that I own and I like. I doubt I've spend more than 400 BRL in all them though)

I think my problem with GP is MS itself, I don't like their games, it's unfortunate

You can't buy all 413 games on the ps4 unless you are referring to only those 3 games you mentioned. The thing is, you are only thinking about the games on the service now. Within those 13 months of using the service, way more games will be added and I'm sure there would be stuff that interest you. 

If you don't care about Xbox 1st party games at all, then sure I would say it's not worth it for you. 

I was talking only about the 3 ;) 

I like Fable, The Elders Scroll and some games from Blizzard (Crash, Overwatch, Diablo, Heartstone). In future when more of those games are released maybe it makes sense for me to subscribe for some months 

Also, I don't really like day one releases. I actually kinda avoid them, because they always come with many glitches. I'm OK waiting for 2-3 months until the glitches are fixed before playing. So I also wouldn't mind waiting third parties to come to the service after some months, as long the tell me when it will be on service which unfortunately they don't do (I think Sony will schedule when their first parties will be released on service or at least I hope so)

However if waiting for third parties is not an issue, playing first parties on day 1 is not selling point either. If the games are likely to get fierce discouts after a couple of months then it's better to just wait the games go on sale 

Around the Network

For me it goes like this.

I like Nintendo's basic service first. As a person that buys a lot of games day 1, all I really need is a cheap online plan that allows me to have cloud saves. With the basic family plan, the value is quite good if you have 7 other people that will also pay. Personally I would prefer no paid service like Steam but it is what it is.

Next I like Xbox Gamepass. It's insane value on PC and it has quite a lot of games that I wouldn't spend money on buying them individually but here, I can not only play them but because they stick around for a while, I have plenty of time to finish them. Many games that are also on gamepass also goes on sale for a pretty good discount if you do want to buy them. With new games coming in and old games going out, it does keep the library fairly fresh not to mention day 1 first party releases. It also has cloud saves and "Free" online and other xbox features. But it's also expensive.

Then I like PS+ Essentials. Tried and true. The best thing about PS+ is the fact that I can get it for a pretty cheap price through cdkeys, especially when they have a deep sale. I was able to buy PS+ in Canada for like $40 including tax for a years membership (normally costs $70 in Canada excluding tax). I was able to stack up on it for 3-4 years and it becomes very good value because you do get a lot of Sonys services such as online, PS+ collection, cloud saves and 2-3 games per month.

Personally, I think the additions to the base plans for both PS+ and Nintendo online are not for me. Especially for Nintendo. But if you are limited to one platform, then you don't really have a choice. It doesn't matter how good of a Value Gamepass is if all you do is play on Playstation and etc. So then, it can become a good value for the right person.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I didn't select any. For me the best value is the middle tier of PSPlus. I don't care about older PS, Xbox etc games, unless they are remakes. I've tried playing them and I just couldn't.

The other reason is quality first party/ exclusive games which the Xbox brand lacks at the moment. I don't care so much about Indies, and could go an entire gen without playing one. I buy my new console for the big budget games that make my machine fire on all cylinders.

I mentioned this before, but I am hoping Sony don't screw up the quality of free games on PS Plus. The games on offer have destroyed anything Gold has offered and ownership trump's subscription all day for me.

The PS Plus Collection alone is a crazy good deal and everyone will have access to it when they subscribe. These are all top tier games across a variety of genres.

Wonder if Sony will have VR Games on there. What I do know is, I have built up a huge library of VR games from my PS Plus sub for when I do get the new VR.

IcaroRibeiro said:
smroadkill15 said:

You can't buy all 413 games on the ps4 unless you are referring to only those 3 games you mentioned. The thing is, you are only thinking about the games on the service now. Within those 13 months of using the service, way more games will be added and I'm sure there would be stuff that interest you. 

If you don't care about Xbox 1st party games at all, then sure I would say it's not worth it for you. 

I was talking only about the 3 ;) 

I like Fable, The Elders Scroll and some games from Blizzard (Crash, Overwatch, Diablo, Heartstone). In future when more of those games are released maybe it makes sense for me to subscribe for some months 

Also, I don't really like day one releases. I actually kinda avoid them, because they always come with many glitches. I'm OK waiting for 2-3 months until the glitches are fixed before playing. So I also wouldn't mind waiting third parties to come to the service after some months, as long the tell me when it will be on service which unfortunately they don't do (I think Sony will schedule when their first parties will be released on service or at least I hope so)

However if waiting for third parties is not an issue, playing first parties on day 1 is not selling point either. If the games are likely to get fierce discouts after a couple of months then it's better to just wait the games go on sale 

Fair enough. Considering your taste and preferred method of gaming, you would probably be wasting money on using Game Pass, besides subbing for the occasional month or so. 

Was thinking with the new PS Plus, that the old normal PS Plus would get devalued quite a bit. I think Games with Gold has been practically invisible to most users since the launch of Gamepass, so it seems like a distinct possibility.

It is a shame, the best time for PS Plus was with the instant game collection of June 2012- to June 2013. Practically 10+ games at once. This was before online was locked behind PS Plus too.

Now I think the only use for PS Plus would be online, so I think a month by month basis would be best for most users, but then it becomes more expensive.