By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Elden Ring Sales Top 12 Million Units Worldwide, 1 Million in Japan

The PlayStation platform should account for at least 50% of Elden Ring sales in Japan. That puts the digital ratio for PlayStation software anywhere from 30 - 60%.

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 16 March 2022

Around the Network

Crazy sales....

These are numbers I would have expected for lifetime no launch window.

They've been pumping out the quality for years now and deserve the success. Hopefully the ubisofts and EA's take note.

I see GoTY 2022, and best open world high fantasy game ever created, have some amazing numbers. Well deserved.

That's impressive but I don't see the appeal to elden ring. Looks like an open world dark souls games with slightly updated graphics.

Well deserved. Its a great game.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
dane007 said:

That's impressive but I don't see the appeal to elden ring. Looks like an open world dark souls games with slightly updated graphics.

The dark souls games are amazing.

The open world is incredibly well done, and makes the game a lot more accessible in a lot of ways. 

I love that they are not afraid of gamers missing something. Some bosses are very hard to find.

dane007 said:

But you already listed a couple of really appealing things:

It has good graphics

It's open world

And it's a Dark Souls 4

:p

So it has outsold the best selling Souls game already, pretty impressive.

Signature goes here!

Fantastic numbers

Okay, I like George Martin's story writing quality, and I like Jedi Fallen Order, but hate scary games with nonstop near impossible bosses. I didn't think I'd like Fallen Order, but I did, and found out it is probably the easiest Dark Souls-like game out there. I really dig the art style and atmosphere I've seen from trailers for this game.

Would I like Elden Ring or would I not based on the above?