By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Elden Ring Sales Top 12 Million Units Worldwide, 1 Million in Japan

damn that's amazing!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Hahha it looks like dark souls 3 but cleaner.  For an open. World game the graphics are not impressive. 

In saying that I am waiting for the game on consoles to be patched up and fixed before I get it. Based on digital foundry analysis on the game, it sounds very broken. 

IcaroRibeiro said:

dane007 said:

That's impressive but I don't see the appeal to elden ring. Looks like an open world dark souls games with slightly updated graphics.

But you already listed a couple of really appealing things:

It has good graphics

It's open world

And it's a Dark Souls 4

:p

IcaroRibeiro said:
dane007 said:

That's impressive but I don't see the appeal to elden ring. Looks like an open world dark souls games with slightly updated graphics.

But you already listed a couple of really appealing things:

It has good graphics

It's open world

And it's a Dark Souls 4

:p

It does look more accessible. I have seen videos where of u choose magic u become quite OP. 

Each to its own. Having to find items  to get the an idea of  lore and in the meantime u kill bosses is not fun for me. But I know alot of people love it like my younger brother. Question to you though, explain the story of elden ring?. 

the-pi-guy said:

dane007 said:

The dark souls games are amazing.

The open world is incredibly well done, and makes the game a lot more accessible in a lot of ways. 

the-pi-guy said:
dane007 said:

The dark souls games are amazing.

The open world is incredibly well done, and makes the game a lot more accessible in a lot of ways. 

Just got the game yesterday.  It looks good so far.  All this time I was afraid they weren't going to make any more Souls games, but in reality they changed the name and made it open world.

dane007 said:

That's all you need baby!  Imagine someone saying this about GTA 3 back in the day:

"I don't see the appeal to GTA 3.  Looks like an open world Tomb Raider with updated graphics."  You just described the whole appeal.  That's all you need baby!

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Just got the game yesterday.  It looks good so far.  All this time I was afraid they weren't going to make any more Souls games, but in reality they changed the name and made it open world.

dane007 said:

That's all you need baby!  Imagine someone saying this about GTA 3 back in the day:

"I don't see the appeal to GTA 3.  Looks like an open world Tomb Raider with updated graphics."  You just described the whole appeal.  That's all you need baby!

If someone described GTA 3 to me as open world Tomb Raider with updated graphics, I'd ask them to get off whatever drug they were smoking.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

If someone described GTA 3 to me as open world Tomb Raider with updated graphics, I'd ask them to get off whatever drug they were smoking.

Heh, that's because minimizing what it takes to make an open world game is kind of silly.  Going from a fairly linear experience to an open world experience takes a mountain of effort, and also requires you put in all sorts of things that were never in the linear experience.  When you make a game open world, you are really making an entirely different type of game, even if the combat is similar to another game you've played before.

Quite possibly GotY 2022 for me. Been hooked since day 1.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261