By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Elden Ring Sales Top 12 Million Units Worldwide, 1 Million in Japan

Those are some insane numbers. Congrats to FromSoftware.

Around the Network

Damn, that's huge, Pokémon-like numbers in a very short time.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Physical it barely sold 200k on Playstation in Japan. Digital must be pretty high. My bad it sold around 350k on Playstation first 2 weeks

Pinkie_pie said:

Physical it barely sold 200k on Playstation in Japan. Digital must be pretty high. My bad it sold around 350k on Playstation first 2 weeks

PC is japan could be big too.

Pinkie_pie said:

Fromsoft’s audience is increasingly PC centric. In Europe about 50% of Elden Ring’s sales were PC, which is astonishing for a major AAA release and especially one that is part of a series that is closely associated with the consoles. 

Around the Network

Data as of March 14th and is shipped + digital downloads (both footnotes in the Press Release).

I haven't played it yet, since I'm not a Souls fan, but those are some seriously good numbers.

aTokenYeti said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Fromsoft’s audience is increasingly PC centric. In Europe about 50% of Elden Ring’s sales were PC, which is astonishing for a major AAA release and especially one that is part of a series that is closely associated with the consoles. 

I was talking Japan. It sold 350k on Playstation first 2 weeks so should be at least 400k when fromsoft announced 1 million in Japan. I'm guessing at least another 300k digital for Playstation so that's 700k on Playstation and 300k on pc?

Pretty huge. I think Sony should push for a BB2 and a BB1 remaster for ps5/PC.

mM

I got my copy but don't know when I'll get to it. I figure I might as well wait now until they fix the frame rate issues. Pick a number 30 or 60. Not between 30 and 60 :/