By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your favorite REAL exclusive games?

Chris Hu said:

The Simpsons is not a real arcade exclusive not only was it ported to the 360 and PS3 in 2012 there was also a C64 and MS-DOS port in 1991 the same year it was released in arcades.  Also, it would have been ported to home consoles if Acclaim didn't have the exclusive right to make console Simpsons games at the time.

The Simpsons (video game) - Wikipedia

Holy crap i seriously didnt know it was released Gen 7...and didnt know about the MS Dos etc...thanks!

Around the Network

Off the top of my head

SNES - Plok
PS1 - Alundra
Saturn - Burning Rangers or Deep Fear
N64 - Beetle Adventure Racing
Gamecube - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
DS - Hotel Dusk or Last Window
3DS - A Link Between Worlds

Vodacixi said:
Shiken said:

Various Legend of Zelda games, Bloodborne, and for the sake of nostalgia in the first MMO world I got lost in...the original 12 Sky.

The only Zelda games I can think of that are still 100% exclusive are A Link Between Worlds, Triforce Heroes and Age of Calamity. Every other game has been ported, remastered, remade or emulated via VC on several systems.

I do not see what the point of this comment is.  I have been playing games since the colecovision, so when these games were released you needed the console they were released on.  Pretty simple concept to understand really.

You also forgot Four Swords Adventures BTW.

EDIT: For some reason I took the topic of this thread as "what true exclusives made you buy a console".  After double checking the OP, I can see why your response is what it is.  I must have made my initial reply half asleep in bed or something lol.

Last edited by Shiken - on 13 March 2022

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The original Splatoon, how could I forget. Excellent game. Still one of my favourite final boss fights of all time.

V-r0cK said:
Chris Hu said:

The Simpsons is not a real arcade exclusive not only was it ported to the 360 and PS3 in 2012 there was also a C64 and MS-DOS port in 1991 the same year it was released in arcades.  Also, it would have been ported to home consoles if Acclaim didn't have the exclusive right to make console Simpsons games at the time.

Holy crap i seriously didnt know it was released Gen 7...and didnt know about the MS Dos etc...thanks!

Well, I didn't know about the C64 and MS-DOS ports either.  But I knew about the 360 and PS3 versions.  Unfortunately, both versions were delisted rather quickly and I missed out on both of them.  The same thing happened with the X-Men arcade port even though that one was available a bit longer. 

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Chris Hu said:

I had the MS-DOS version. It was pretty clunky even with a 286 or 386 CPU, had the gameplay pared down somewhat including having part of level 3 removed, and had very sparse sound even with the best sound cards available - and I had the PC Speaker, which typically sounded like a cat orgy. I still played it quite a bit, because it was kind of hard to scrounge up quarters, or rides to the arcade.

Chris Hu said:
V-r0cK said:

Well, I didn't know about the C64 and MS-DOS ports either.  But I knew about the 360 and PS3 versions.  Unfortunately, both versions were delisted rather quickly and I missed out on both of them.  The same thing happened with the X-Men arcade port even though that one was available a bit longer. 

Sadly the downside of digital-only games and why I always prefer physical.  I knew about X-men but Simpsons I was not aware of at all.  I'm pretty shocked that I missed it.  I definitely don't want to buy a Arcade 1up just to play these games.

V-r0cK said:
Chris Hu said:

Sadly the downside of digital-only games and why I always prefer physical.  I knew about X-men but Simpsons I was not aware of at all.  I'm pretty shocked that I missed it.  I definitely don't want to buy a Arcade 1up just to play these games.

I pretty sure that Konami will re-release both games eventually, hopefully they will re-release all the Castlevania DS games also eventually.  I used to be big on physical games, but I prefer digital now they are more convenient.  

Advanced V.G. 2.

By far the best game in the franchise, I don't understand why its a PS1 exclusive while the first one came to PC and Saturn too.;

Dreamcast:
Slave Zero
Berserk gut’s rage
Seaman

Xbox:
Bloodwake
jet set radio future
Gunvalkrie
Brute force
Munch’s oddysee
Otogi
Dead or alive 3
Steel battalion

GameCube:
Metroid Prime 1 & 2 (Dual analogue controller)
Luigi’s mansion
Wave race blue storm
Ultimate Muscle

PlayStation 2:
Rygar the legendary warrior
Berserk millennium falcon arc
Galactic wrestling ultimate muscle
Altered beasts

3ds:
Pilot wings resort
Luigis mansion dark moon
Super Mario 3D Land