By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your favorite REAL exclusive games?

Every Smash Bros. (except kinda 4) and several recent Switch games (Odyssey, Astral Chain, Metroid Dread).

Can't think of many older games that haven't gotten ported. Galaxy 2 is the only one that comes to mind.

Unless we count REAL PC exclusives, cause I got many favorites among those: Warcraft III, WoW, Black Mesa, System Shock 2 and The Stanley Parable (for a little while yet).

Edit: Remembered a few: Golden Sun 1 & 2 (GBA) and Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 (PS3)

Last edited by UnderwaterFunktown - on 10 March 2022

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Fatal Frame 4, Panzer Dragoon Orta, F-Zero GX, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime 3, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Mario Kart Wii, Astral Chain, Gears of War 2 & 3, Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread.

V-r0cK said:

As the title suggests, and when I mean real, I mean REAL. Like no remasters, ports, remakes etc.. If it's exclusive on console but also on PC that doesn't count.   These exclusive games can only be bought and played on one single system only (legit wise, ROMS doesn't count).  I'll let you guys draw the line with arcades because that seems like a different world than the rest. (Well this is my definition of 'real' exclusives so don't kill me if you have a different definition please)

Here's my list so far, I tried to check if these games are on other systems but I couldn't find it.  If I'm wrong please let me know. 

So what are yours? If there's something that you guys listed and peaks my interest then I'll definitely have to backtrack on that.

------

Super Nintendo: Super Mario RPG
Sega Genesis: X-Men 1 & 2
Playstation Portable: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Nintendo Wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Playstation 3: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Metal Gear Solid 4
Playstation 4: Bloodborne
Arcade: The Simpsons, Alien vs Predator (Capcom)

The Simpsons is not a real arcade exclusive not only was it ported to the 360 and PS3 in 2012 there was also a C64 and MS-DOS port in 1991 the same year it was released in arcades.  Also, it would have been ported to home consoles if Acclaim didn't have the exclusive right to make console Simpsons games at the time.

The Simpsons (video game) - Wikipedia

In no particular order -

PS1 - Tekken 3, R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
PS2 - TimeSplitters
PS3 - InFamous
PS4 - The Last Guardian
Xbox - Fable II
Xbox 360 - Lost Odyssey
SNES - Batman Returns
NS - Super Mario Odyssey
PC - Unreal Tournament 2004, CS Go, WoW

Last edited by hinch - on 11 March 2022

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Every Smash Bros. (except kinda 4) and several recent Switch games (Odyssey, Astral Chain, Metroid Dread).

Can't think of many older games that haven't gotten ported. Galaxy 2 is the only one that comes to mind.

Unless we count REAL PC exclusives, cause I got many favorites among those: Warcraft III, WoW, Black Mesa, System Shock 2 and The Stanley Parable (for a little while yet).

Edit: Remembered a few: Golden Sun 1 & 2 (GBA) and Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 (PS3)

Edit: Eh scrap what I said

I'm kinda amazed to see no port for Black Mesa for consoles. Great game. Adding to that CounterStrike Global Offensive in there (PC) and well as WoW - for me.

Last edited by hinch - on 11 March 2022

Around the Network

GB: Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana's Movie Madness

N64: Pokémon Stadium

GBA: Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (yes, it got a PS2 remake, but they are so different that I would count them as two totally different experiences).

GC: Baten Kaitos

PS2: Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World

PSP: Daxter

NDS: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimore of the Rift/Hotel Dusk (can't decide!)

Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

PS Vita: Freedom Wars

3DS: Rhythm Paradise: Megamix

Wii U: Xenoblade Chronicles X

PS4: Bloodborne

Switch: Metroid Dread/

PC: The Stanley Parable

Various Legend of Zelda games, Bloodborne, and for the sake of nostalgia in the first MMO world I got lost in...the original 12 Sky.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

Various Legend of Zelda games, Bloodborne, and for the sake of nostalgia in the first MMO world I got lost in...the original 12 Sky.

The only Zelda games I can think of that are still 100% exclusive are A Link Between Worlds, Triforce Heroes and Age of Calamity. Every other game has been ported, remastered, remade or emulated via VC on several systems.

Currently as it stands,

/SIP

PC - Homeworld

Last edited by Azzanation - on 11 March 2022

My top 10 of all time
Bomberman tournament (GBA)
Bomberman party edition (ps1)
Bomberman DS
Xenoblade chronicles X (wii U)
Bomberman fantasy race (ps1 heavy nostalgia)
Pokemon platinum (DS)

Re-volt (dreamcast)
Extreme-G 2 (N64)
Slave zero (dreamcast)
Pokemon yellow (Gameboi)

When you say "true exclusives" do things like virtual console count as not true exclusives?

Last edited by Kneetos - on 13 March 2022