I am indifferent to this news 6 15.38%

Why not PS5, though? 4 10.26%

Welcome, fellow Xbot. 23 58.97%

lol not PC 1 2.56%

All of the above, including indifference 4 10.26%

All of the above, excluding indifference 0 0%

Total:39
Medisti said:

I will also add that I humorously didn't know my TV had HDR until testing out the settings in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I knew it was 4K, but that just goes to show how observant I am. Flipping it on and off, I wasn't really very impressed with the difference. It IS noticeable that the colors are better, but it wasn't a very big difference. I was a lot more impressed with OLED screens I've seen. It all looks fine to me even in 1080p mode. I guess I'm a terrible graphics whore. Sorry guys. I've let you all down.

Tbh, I've never really been into stuff like HDR before. I get so wrapped up in a game that I'm too focused on that, or I just notice the high framerate even more. Unless like you said, it's on an OLED screen! Which is why I'm so glad Xbox focused on framerate this generation. Series S may have some issues with modern games going forward, but Series X has almost nothing but 60-120fps gameplay! Even the FPS boost program where you can enjoy old games like Fallout 4 and New Vegas at a smooth 60fps is a literal game changer!

Around the Network
kenjab said:
KiigelHeart said:

Same here, absolutely loved the series until the ending. Legendary Edition is on Game Pass but I just don't feel like touching it at all.

Well, crap. I'm playing through the trilogy for the first time and am pretty far into 3 now. I'm absolutely loving it but now I'm scared to finish it! I knew the ending was divisive, but it sounds like it goes even beyond that for you both.

Also, for @Medisti come join in on the XBox Empire thread here.  Don't worry about reading the whole thing, just jump in and let us know what you're playing!

I'm guessing they've played ME3 before EA released the Extended Cut.

Gamepass is really all you need, find somewhere cheap to buy 3 years of Gold, and convert it to gamepass ultimate for $1 more.

First of all... congrats. I too recently got the X, but I also have been using the Series S for close to a year so I have been able to play the current games but now the X plays them even better.

Secondly, get gamepass. no matter what, it is the best way to find games that may interest you and then you can decide if you want to seek out the physical versions (if you collect). Quantum Break, Ryse: Son of Rome, Dead Rising 3 & 4, the various Forza games: Motorsport 5-7 and Horizon 3-5. Gears 4 & 5, Halo 5, Master Chief Collection and of course Infinite.

And don't forget if you do try out Gamepass Ultimate you also have EA Access and its selection of games.

Medisti said:

I will also add that I humorously didn't know my TV had HDR until testing out the settings in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I knew it was 4K, but that just goes to show how observant I am. Flipping it on and off, I wasn't really very impressed with the difference. It IS noticeable that the colors are better, but it wasn't a very big difference. I was a lot more impressed with OLED screens I've seen. It all looks fine to me even in 1080p mode. I guess I'm a terrible graphics whore. Sorry guys. I've let you all down.

One of the best games to see what HDR is all about is Ori and Will of Wisp as well as Ori and Blind Forest. The colors really pop and the games are just really fun to look at as well as play.

Around the Network
Medisti said:
shikamaru317 said:

My number one recommendation, as always, is to get a Gamepass sub, with over 400 games on there it is pretty easy to find some great games to play.

As for more individualized recommendations, these are the games I suggest in addition to those you say you already own, though you may have already played some of them on other consoles:

• Witcher 3
  • Halo Infinite (Gamepass)
  • Forza Horizon series (4 and 5 are on Gamepass)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 (on gamepass but being removed in just a few days sadly)
  • Dishonored 1 and 2 (Gamepass)
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided
  • Crimson Dragon
  • ReCore (Gamepass)
  • Quantum Break (Gamepass)
  • D4
  • Dragon Age Inquisition (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Hitman Trilogy (Gamepass)
  • Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary Edition (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Peggle 2 (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Scarlet Nexus (Gamepass)
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Sunset Overdrive (Gamepass)
  • Terraria (Gamepass)
  • The Outer Worlds (Gamepass)
  • Titanfall 2 (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein 2 (Gamepass)
  • Yakuza series (Gamepass)

I'm liking this list, thanks! I have played a few, like Terraria, Wolfenstein, and Witcher, but the rest are new. A few I haven't heard of and will need to look into. Though, I will never play another Mass Effect game after 3. I know it's petty, but that ending soured me so bad that I haven't touched the series since and probably never will. I'm noticing a lot of recommendations for Sunset Overdrive especially.

Is it part 2 or 3 that was the first released on ps3? Had to do with a war on the reapers. But I hated the ending,as the story was building up a fight with the reapers, which never came, or was very short lived, and then in ended and I was pissed off. Never played a mass effect after that. I think it was part 2, because my friend was talking about the sequel on ps3 and I was screw that, stilll bitter about it. 

Medisti said:
Pemalite said:

Ori.
Halo: Master Chief Collection
Halo: Infinite
Halo Wars 1+2.
Sunset Overdrive
Ryse, Killer Instinct
Forza
Rare Replay
Gears of War 4 and 5
Quantum Break
Sea of Thieves.

As far as exclusives go... The Xbox One was actually a shit console... But it was often the best place to play multiplats thanks to the Xbox One X being more powerful.

I should have mentioned I'm not big on online multiplayer. I prefer single-player or couch co-op. But there's still some good suggestions here.

All of them except Sea of Thieves have a solid single player component.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

kenjab said:
KiigelHeart said:

Same here, absolutely loved the series until the ending. Legendary Edition is on Game Pass but I just don't feel like touching it at all.

Well, crap. I'm playing through the trilogy for the first time and am pretty far into 3 now. I'm absolutely loving it but now I'm scared to finish it! I knew the ending was divisive, but it sounds like it goes even beyond that for you both.

Also, for @Medisti come join in on the XBox Empire thread here.  Don't worry about reading the whole thing, just jump in and let us know what you're playing!

I wouldn't let that scare you too much. They tried to fix it with the Extended Cut and while I don't feel they succeeded, it's nowhere near as bad as the vanilla game was. Just go into it knowing you may be let down, but may also enjoy it just fine. It's not like the ending jumps out of the TV and kills your puppy.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Get GamePass even if you prefer physical. Just treat it like Netflix. Download a game and enjoy it. There are tons and tons of amazing games on there. You and your SO can play It Takes Two, idk if you have played it or not.

I may in the future. I have enough games to play for the next few months thanks to all of you guys. :)

gtotheunit91 said:
Medisti said:

Tbh, I've never really been into stuff like HDR before. I get so wrapped up in a game that I'm too focused on that, or I just notice the high framerate even more. Unless like you said, it's on an OLED screen! Which is why I'm so glad Xbox focused on framerate this generation. Series S may have some issues with modern games going forward, but Series X has almost nothing but 60-120fps gameplay! Even the FPS boost program where you can enjoy old games like Fallout 4 and New Vegas at a smooth 60fps is a literal game changer!

OLED really seems to pop more to me, though the vibrancy of HDR is noticeable. But, like you, I prefer the high frame rate modes. Even 1080p 60fps seems better to me than 4k 30fps. Everyone has their preference.

Barozi said:
kenjab said:

I am actually a singular person, not multiple. And I played it on launch day and beat it within the week and later played with the Extended Cut. It did not fix the problems. It at least actually acknowledged some of the decisions that you made, unlike the original, but does not rectify the "Pick your favorite color for the ending cutscene" that is was.

Awesome! Enjoy it!

Medisti said:
Barozi said:

I am actually a singular person, not multiple. And I played it on launch day and beat it within the week and later played with the Extended Cut. It did not fix the problems. It at least actually acknowledged some of the decisions that you made, unlike the original, but does not rectify the "Pick your favorite color for the ending cutscene" that is was.

so you and KiigelHeart are the same person?

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9362366

Last edited by Barozi - on 24 February 2022