Medisti, you traitor. You... 1 2.56%

I am indifferent to this news 6 15.38%

Why not PS5, though? 4 10.26%

Welcome, fellow Xbot. 23 58.97%

lol not PC 1 2.56%

All of the above, including indifference 4 10.26%

All of the above, excluding indifference 0 0%

Total:39

That's right, everyone. He's finally gone and done it. Or, rather, been given it. You can return from the edge of your seats and release those held breaths. My fiancee went and got me an Xbox Series X for my birthday (rather self-serving, since she wants it for Starfield. HMM.). I haven't had an Xbox since the 360 (Never owned a One, since I went the PS4 route), so I'm curious if there are any great One games I missed. I got most of my 360 collection dusted off and installed, including an unopened copy of New Vegas GOTY which I never played.

Now I get this cutting edge console and naturally the first thing I do is buy Minecraft. Yes, really, lol. The lady of the house likes to play it split-screen with me and the Switch version is a drag, so that's awesome. Skyrim Legendary Edition and ESO are sadly in my future, as Elder Scrolls is her favorite series.

But, I was hoping to get some recommendations for other One and Series games of every genre. I am aware that Elden Ring is out soon, even though I've only ever played the first Dark Souls and no other From Software games. I'm also curious if Cyberpunk 2077 is fixed now, since I skipped it on PS4 due to the plethora of issues.

UPDATE: A big thanks to everyone for some great suggestions so far. I've got a list of good things to look into. Since Elden Ring is reviewing so well and the next-gen patch for Cyberpunk seems to have fixed its issues, I went ahead and got both of those. :)

For the curious, I currently have these games:

Fallout 4

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Rare Replay

Minecraft

Elden Ring

Cyberpunk 2077

Last edited by Medisti - on 23 February 2022

Around the Network

Since there was no option for congrats... CONGRATS! I'm happy for you, although the Minecraft bit made me laugh. Nothing says brand new console in 2022 like a brand new game from 2011 lol

Gears 5 is a good XBone game to check out. Obviously, Halo Infinite and FH5 are big current games.

Hey congrats! I still can’t find any lol but there’s still some great games to play.
I know many games were optimized for Series X/S, so you’ll automatically get the Series X version of the games that have been optimized.
As far as Xbone games you missed, can’t go wrong with the Forza Horizon games or Gears of War games. My personal favorite was Sunset Overdrive! Who would’ve thought Insomniac Games would make an Xbox exclusive? Lol I highly recommend that one and maybe the Ori games if you’re into Metroidvania’s :) have fun!

Around the Network

Your fiancee found a unicorn. Congrats and happy birthday.

Do you care about owning games? If not, check out Game Pass. I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.

JackHandy said:

Since there was no option for congrats... CONGRATS! I'm happy for you, although the Minecraft bit made me laugh. Nothing says brand new console in 2022 like a brand new game from 2011 lol

I had the exact same laugh.

VAMatt said:

Gears 5 is a good XBone game to check out. Obviously, Halo Infinite and FH5 are big current games.

I have played Gears 1 long ago, but wasn't very big on it. Forza is definitely one I'm looking at. Don't know about Halo yet.

gtotheunit91 said:

Hey congrats! I still can’t find any lol but there’s still some great games to play.
I know many games were optimized for Series X/S, so you’ll automatically get the Series X version of the games that have been optimized.
As far as Xbone games you missed, can’t go wrong with the Forza Horizon games or Gears of War games. My personal favorite was Sunset Overdrive! Who would’ve thought Insomniac Games would make an Xbox exclusive? Lol I highly recommend that one and maybe the Ori games if you’re into Metroidvania’s :) have fun!

I have both Ori on the Switch. Quite good games, though.

Kakadu18 said:

Your fiancee found a unicorn. Congrats and happy birthday.

Thank you for noticing that I'm a unicorn. That's very sweet of you.

smroadkill15 said:

Do you care about owning games? If not, check out Game Pass. I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.

I do care. I always go physical if I can. Though considering I haven't been on my Xbox account in a decade and was able to redownload all my 360 purchases onto the X, Microsoft is clearly more digitally-stable than Sony or Nintendo.

Actually, I do have one question. I can't see my old 360 purchases in my game library or on the Xbox website, but if I search for them manually on the store it shows that I own them and can redownload. Thing is, it's a tad difficult for me to remember every digital game I bought from 2008-2011. Is there a way to tell or list these other than dragging my 360 out of the attic and hooking it up?

shikamaru317 said:

My number one recommendation, as always, is to get a Gamepass sub, with over 400 games on there it is pretty easy to find some great games to play.

As for more individualized recommendations, these are the games I suggest in addition to those you say you already own, though you may have already played some of them on other consoles:

• Witcher 3
  • Halo Infinite (Gamepass)
  • Forza Horizon series (4 and 5 are on Gamepass)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 (on gamepass but being removed in just a few days sadly)
  • Dishonored 1 and 2 (Gamepass)
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided
  • Crimson Dragon
  • ReCore (Gamepass)
  • Quantum Break (Gamepass)
  • D4
  • Dragon Age Inquisition (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Hitman Trilogy (Gamepass)
  • Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary Edition (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Peggle 2 (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Scarlet Nexus (Gamepass)
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Sunset Overdrive (Gamepass)
  • Terraria (Gamepass)
  • The Outer Worlds (Gamepass)
  • Titanfall 2 (Gamepass Ultimate)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein 2 (Gamepass)
  • Yakuza series (Gamepass)

I'm liking this list, thanks! I have played a few, like Terraria, Wolfenstein, and Witcher, but the rest are new. A few I haven't heard of and will need to look into. Though, I will never play another Mass Effect game after 3. I know it's petty, but that ending soured me so bad that I haven't touched the series since and probably never will. I'm noticing a lot of recommendations for Sunset Overdrive especially.