Medisti, you traitor. You... 1 2.56%

I am indifferent to this news 6 15.38%

Why not PS5, though? 4 10.26%

Welcome, fellow Xbot. 23 58.97%

lol not PC 1 2.56%

All of the above, including indifference 4 10.26%

All of the above, excluding indifference 0 0%

Total:39

Anyone here played the new Battletoads? I've seen some suggestions for Killer Instinct and I'm a big classic Rare fan since I grew up with an N64. I know Rare didn't make it but if it's got the same DNA, I'll definitely dig it. I have the original NES cart of Battletoads complete in the box that my aunt gave me when she was getting rid of her old games. No, I did not beat it. I made it to Level 9, I believe, of the I want to say 13. At least I beat Turbo Tunnel on an HDTV, eh?

Around the Network
Medisti said:

That's right, everyone. He's finally gone and done it. Or, rather, been given it. You can return from the edge of your seats and release those held breaths. My fiancee went and got me an Xbox Series X for my birthday (rather self-serving, since she wants it for Starfield. HMM.). I haven't had an Xbox since the 360 (Never owned a One, since I went the PS4 route), so I'm curious if there are any great One games I missed. I got most of my 360 collection dusted off and installed, including an unopened copy of New Vegas GOTY which I never played.

Now I get this cutting edge console and naturally the first thing I do is buy Minecraft. Yes, really, lol. The lady of the house likes to play it split-screen with me and the Switch version is a drag, so that's awesome. Skyrim Legendary Edition and ESO are sadly in my future, as Elder Scrolls is her favorite series.

But, I was hoping to get some recommendations for other One and Series games of every genre. I am aware that Elden Ring is out soon, even though I've only ever played the first Dark Souls and no other From Software games. I'm also curious if Cyberpunk 2077 is fixed now, since I skipped it on PS4 due to the plethora of issues.

For the curious, I currently have these games:

Fallout 4

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Rare Replay

Minecraft

There's a free 5 hour trial for Cyberpunk available so just check it out for yourself. Performance-wise it's definitely playable now (almost locked 30 FPS in RT mode and mostly 60 FPS in performance mode).

Welcome!

Medisti said:

Though, I will never play another Mass Effect game after 3. I know it's petty, but that ending soured me so bad that I haven't touched the series since and probably never will. 

Same here, absolutely loved the series until the ending. Legendary Edition is on Game Pass but I just don't feel like touching it at all.

Medisti said:

Actually, I do have one question. I can't see my old 360 purchases in my game library or on the Xbox website, but if I search for them manually on the store it shows that I own them and can redownload. Thing is, it's a tad difficult for me to remember every digital game I bought from 2008-2011. Is there a way to tell or list these other than dragging my 360 out of the attic and hooking it up?

They definitely should show up as long as they are backwards compatible but when you add a new profile or buy a plethora of games it can take a little while. I guess the console is scanning and processing your profile but doesn't update immediately. It sometimes help to hard reset the console by holding the power button until it's turned off.

You can also open the Xbox Guide, hover over My games & apps, press the start button and then select refresh.

Last edited by Barozi - on 23 February 2022

Around the Network

Now that the next gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 is out I recommend giving that a go (unless you’ve already been burnt).

KiigelHeart said:
Medisti said:

Though, I will never play another Mass Effect game after 3. I know it's petty, but that ending soured me so bad that I haven't touched the series since and probably never will. 

Same here, absolutely loved the series until the ending. Legendary Edition is on Game Pass but I just don't feel like touching it at all.

I still have the trilogy on 360 and they're the only games of my old collection I did not install on the Series X. I feel kind of bad being so petty, but then again it was one really bad conclusion to an otherwise stellar trilogy.

Barozi said:
Medisti said:

Actually, I do have one question. I can't see my old 360 purchases in my game library or on the Xbox website, but if I search for them manually on the store it shows that I own them and can redownload. Thing is, it's a tad difficult for me to remember every digital game I bought from 2008-2011. Is there a way to tell or list these other than dragging my 360 out of the attic and hooking it up?

They definitely should show up as long as they are backwards compatible but when you add a new profile or buy a plethora of games it can take a little while. I guess the console is scanning and processing your profile but doesn't update immediately. It sometimes help to hard reset the console by holding the power button until it's turned off.

You can also open the Xbox Guide, hover over My games & apps, press the start button and then select refresh.

I'll look into it, thanks! I haven't done a hard reset, so maybe that'll do it. I'd probably lean Performence if I play Cyberpunk, to address your other post. (See? I didn't miss it.)

Yassgragra said:

Now that the next gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 is out I recommend giving that a go (unless you’ve already been burnt).

I have not played it at all, so if the issues are resolved I may finally pick it up.

I will also add that I humorously didn't know my TV had HDR until testing out the settings in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I knew it was 4K, but that just goes to show how observant I am. Flipping it on and off, I wasn't really very impressed with the difference. It IS noticeable that the colors are better, but it wasn't a very big difference. I was a lot more impressed with OLED screens I've seen. It all looks fine to me even in 1080p mode. I guess I'm a terrible graphics whore. Sorry guys. I've let you all down.

KiigelHeart said:
Medisti said:

Well, crap. I'm playing through the trilogy for the first time and am pretty far into 3 now. I'm absolutely loving it but now I'm scared to finish it! I knew the ending was divisive, but it sounds like it goes even beyond that for you both.

Also, for @Medisti come join in on the XBox Empire thread here.  Don't worry about reading the whole thing, just jump in and let us know what you're playing!

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Get GamePass even if you prefer physical. Just treat it like Netflix. Download a game and enjoy it. There are tons and tons of amazing games on there. You and your SO can play It Takes Two, idk if you have played it or not.