By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soul Hackers 2 Announced for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC

Leynos said:
Rafie said:

I remember lots of devs complaining about how great the cell was, but hard to work with. That's why when the 1st party devs came in and did the games, they looked incredible. Again, there's not a Wii U game that I've seen that looks better than the best PS3 game. I meaning in comparison 1st party titles from both respective giants. The PS4 and the Xbox One are 3 years older than the Switch and they're still stronger than the Switch. We know Nintendo doesn't really care about power anymore.

Difficult doesn't mean weak. It was a better CPU than what PS4 and Xbox One had. Yes 3rd party devs struggled with it. Sony was arrogant enough to think because PS1/PS2 sold so well all devs would make games first for PS3 and learn the CELL(PS2 wasn't easy to work on either). When Sony 1st party devs learned to work the CELL is how you got The Last of Us out of PS3. Again you use the ignorant way of judging style vs actually knowing all kinds of effects and such Wii U games were using esp in 1st party. BOTW struggles on Wii U and Wii U has 4X usable ram than PS3. It's been est on this very forum Swich alone is roughly %X that of PS3 when you think about modern arichtecture.

btw Soul Hackers 2 looks worse than SMTV on Switch. SMTV had vast open areas.

V holds merit for looking as good as it does on the target hardware, but it doesn't look better than this, come on. This game is incredibly stylish, the demons now look out of a comic book more than ever. It may not feature open areas, but what about it? I would think we're only talking about looks per se. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

SMTV has a lower resolution obviously as what we saw was PS5 footage but much of that trailer was flat areas and the enemies look less detailed and smaller. I'm willing to bet SMTV had a larger budget as it's a mainline entry. They do use different styles which is fine but honestly, it looks less complex and big open areas are more resource-heavy esp as there is a lot going on in SMTV.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Rafie said:

I remember lots of devs complaining about how great the cell was, but hard to work with. That's why when the 1st party devs came in and did the games, they looked incredible. Again, there's not a Wii U game that I've seen that looks better than the best PS3 game. I meaning in comparison 1st party titles from both respective giants. The PS4 and the Xbox One are 3 years older than the Switch and they're still stronger than the Switch. We know Nintendo doesn't really care about power anymore.

Difficult doesn't mean weak. It was a better CPU than what PS4 and Xbox One had. Yes 3rd party devs struggled with it. Sony was arrogant enough to think because PS1/PS2 sold so well all devs would make games first for PS3 and learn the CELL(PS2 wasn't easy to work on either). When Sony 1st party devs learned to work the CELL is how you got The Last of Us out of PS3. Again you use the ignorant way of judging style vs actually knowing all kinds of effects and such Wii U games were using esp in 1st party. BOTW struggles on Wii U and Wii U has 4X usable ram than PS3. It's been est on this very forum Swich alone is roughly %X that of PS3 when you think about modern arichtecture.

btw Soul Hackers 2 looks worse than SMTV on Switch. SMTV had vast open areas.

I use the ignorant way of what?! Dude you proved my point about how well the cell worked in the hands of 1st party devs. Games like God Of War 3 and Last of Us was exactly what I was referring to. There's not a Wii U game that is as tech heavy on hardware as those games. If there is, name them. This definitely ain't about the Switch and PS3. I know full well the Switch is waaaaaaaaay more powerful than the PS3. That's not up for debate. The Wii U vs PS3/360 is where I'm questioning it. I've always thought the Wii U was pretty much on par, but not really more powerful per se. Again if it is, it's marginal at best.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Mar1217 said:
Metallox said:

V holds merit for looking as good as it does on the target hardware, but it doesn't look better than this, come on. This game is incredibly stylish, the demons now look out of a comic book more than ever. It may not feature open areas, but what about it? I would think we're only talking about looks per se. 

That's mostly a DA debate more than anything else at this point. 

DA?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Game looks great. Probably play it on my Xbox, if it does not come to Switch anyways.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]