By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soul Hackers 2 Announced for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC

Leynos said:
Kakadu18 said:

I think Astral Chain looks better than anything that ever released on the PS3 and a bunch of other Nintendo games like Xenoblade 2 and BotW would never be able to run on the PS3.

Not to mention Dragon Quest XI. Luigi's Mansion and Monster Hunter Rise.

Dragon Quest XI S was fucking amazing on Switch. I actually skipped the PS4 version in favor of the Switch version. I wanted to play the Switch version fresh. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Talking about mish-mash of games modern cyperbunk art-style. The picture below kinda encapsulate a bit of my point as to why this game appart from being made by Atlus and having a look-a-like P5 UI is kinda alienating for anyone who knew the franchise before hand. I honestly think they should've gone with Soul Hackers without the number 2 simply to signify this as a reboot for the sub series.

Spoiler!
F******* love AI Somnium Files. Y'all should play the first game and it's upcoming sequel !!!

Weirdly enough this image doesn't even look weird to me. For a few seconds I thought this was a legitimate game cover art.

gtotheunit91 said:

I don’t understand Atlus. They go from making Persona 5 exclusively on PlayStation, to bringing Persona 4 Golden to PC, to making Shin Megami Tensei 5 (the main series to Persona) exclusively on Switch, to putting Persona 4 Strikers to everything but Xbox, to now putting Soul Hackers 2 on everything but Switch…….I guess I don’t know what kinds of deals Sega works out through these releases

taking examples from Kingdom Hearts

I am Iron Man

Leynos said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Uhmz isnt the ps3 a lot stronger then the switch i mean.

No switch game comes even close to uncharted 3 or god of war on ps3.

Edit: sorry this should have been a reply.

Switch is a much stronger system than PS3. PS3 overall was weaker than Wii U and Switch is more powerful than Wii U.  You're judging by style rather than actual technical prowess. Some of the more anime looking stuff on Switch is a bigger technical feat than those games. Due to several effects,lighting and a whole lot more.

Eh I disagree with that statement. The Switch is definitely more powerful than PS3. Not sure what buddy was talking about there. Still, I'm not convinced the Wii U was stronger than the PS3.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Leynos said:

Switch is a much stronger system than PS3. PS3 overall was weaker than Wii U and Switch is more powerful than Wii U.  You're judging by style rather than actual technical prowess. Some of the more anime looking stuff on Switch is a bigger technical feat than those games. Due to several effects,lighting and a whole lot more.

Eh I disagree with that statement. The Switch is definitely more powerful than PS3. Not sure what buddy was talking about there. Still, I'm not convinced the Wii U was stronger than the PS3.

Some people say the CPU was slower, but others claim that's a misinterpretation (MHz myth as I've read) and the system is actually comfortably on the same range as PS360. Others suggest the system had an odd architecture (the "developers didn't make Wii U ports with the Wii U in mind" argument) and Nintendo created an awful developmental environment that didn't encourage many to use the machine to its full extent. Not even Nintendo fully understood the technicalities of the Wii U as some argue, for example. 

I don't know about this stuff so I can't really vouch for anything, but it's true there was barely any incentive for anybody besides Nintendo to invest big time on the Wii U. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Wii U had more ram and a newer GPU. I'm about to take a nap so too lazy to find it but I remember a developer...possibly Shinin who said the Wii U GPU was generations ahead of previous generation consoles like 360 and PS3. (PS3's GPU wasn't that great remember)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I could see that the Wii U was in the same range as the PS3/360, but stronger...nah. If it was, then it was marginally stronger. Not enough to write home about. I thought the PS3's GPU was excellent at the time. It was the CPU that wasn't that great. The 360 had the best CPU. Just an awesome console overall. I still love my Wii U, but I haven't seen the best game on it looked better than the best PS3 game.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:

I could see that the Wii U was in the same range as the PS3/360, but stronger...nah. If it was, then it was marginally stronger. Not enough to write home about. I thought the PS3's GPU was excellent at the time. It was the CPU that wasn't that great. The 360 had the best CPU. Just an awesome console overall. I still love my Wii U, but I haven't seen the best game on it looked better than the best PS3 game.

PS3's CELL was a monster but few devs would take advantage of it. PS3 rushed a GPU in last minute as Sony planned to have PS3 use two CELL instead of a GPU but had to rush last minute to get a GPU and PS3's was a weaker GPU than 360's. PS3 was similar to the SEGA Saturn in it had an advanced processor but was too difficult to work with. Wii U was 7 years newer than those systems so of course it had more power.

Leynos said:
Rafie said:

PS3's CELL was a monster but few devs would take advantage of it. PS3 rushed a GPU in last minute as Sony planned to have PS3 use two CELL instead of a GPU but had to rush last minute to get a GPU and PS3's was a weaker GPU than 360's. PS3 was similar to the SEGA Saturn in it had an advanced processor but was too difficult to work with. Wii U was 7 years newer than those systems so of course it had more power.

I remember lots of devs complaining about how great the cell was, but hard to work with. That's why when the 1st party devs came in and did the games, they looked incredible. Again, there's not a Wii U game that I've seen that looks better than the best PS3 game. I meaning in comparison 1st party titles from both respective giants. The PS4 and the Xbox One are 3 years older than the Switch and they're still stronger than the Switch. We know Nintendo doesn't really care about power anymore.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Leynos said:

I remember lots of devs complaining about how great the cell was, but hard to work with. That's why when the 1st party devs came in and did the games, they looked incredible. Again, there's not a Wii U game that I've seen that looks better than the best PS3 game. I meaning in comparison 1st party titles from both respective giants. The PS4 and the Xbox One are 3 years older than the Switch and they're still stronger than the Switch. We know Nintendo doesn't really care about power anymore.

Difficult doesn't mean weak. It was a better CPU than what PS4 and Xbox One had. Yes 3rd party devs struggled with it. Sony was arrogant enough to think because PS1/PS2 sold so well all devs would make games first for PS3 and learn the CELL(PS2 wasn't easy to work on either). When Sony 1st party devs learned to work the CELL is how you got The Last of Us out of PS3. Again you use the ignorant way of judging style vs actually knowing all kinds of effects and such Wii U games were using esp in 1st party. BOTW struggles on Wii U and Wii U has 4X usable ram than PS3. It's been est on this very forum Swich alone is roughly %X that of PS3 when you think about modern arichtecture.

btw Soul Hackers 2 looks worse than SMTV on Switch. SMTV had vast open areas.