By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soul Hackers 2 Announced for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC

It's been a while since Atlus released anything on Xbox. Good stuff. Hopefully this means more support in the future.

Around the Network
hinch said:
SKMBlake said:

An anime-style JRPG not on the Switch, what could possibly go wrong

Eh? Persona 4 Golden sold over 1M on Steam, it will do fine. This being on several platforms.. SH 2 will easy success for Atlus/SEGA.

For the trailer.. I'm digging the P5 look.

P.S whats up with all the port begging.

When did it top 1mil? It sold 500k last I heard.

And it shouldn't eben be port begging since this game should be on Switch day one.

I'm in for PS4. UNless PS5 is also $60. Odd there is no Switch version but this looks great.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

hinch said:
Metallox said:

I think people are just surprised. One of the posters here puts it perfectly, the latest entry in the main series just released for Switch, but this one won't, not to mention the last re-release of Soul Hackers was put on 3DS. Meanwhile, this will be Atlus' first game for Xbox in a decade. 

Game also looks like Tokyo Mirage Sessions, lol. 

Well its a new SMT and people are instantly downplaying it because its not on Switch lol. Like come on.. a new SH game and instant negs in the first few posts. Don't be a cheap-ass and get a system that has it if it bothers you so much.

Besides looks like its running on Persona 5's engine so it might not even work on Switch without some work and major overhaul. If anything people should be begging for a new Switch so it can get these games.

Persona 5 is a PS3 game and running on the same engine as Cathrine which is on Switch. Try again.

SKMBlake said:
hinch said:

Besides looks like its running on Persona 5's engine so it might not even work on Switch without some work and major overhaul. If anything people should be begging for a new Switch so it can get these games.

Persona 5 is a PS3 game

Persona 5 was developed for PS3/PS4. Doesn't mean it would be easy for the game to run or Atlas to port to the Switch. If you look at SMT V, that ran quite badly and that was developed exclusively for it.

Kakadu18 said:
hinch said:

Eh? Persona 4 Golden sold over 1M on Steam, it will do fine. This being on several platforms.. SH 2 will easy success for Atlus/SEGA.

For the trailer.. I'm digging the P5 look.

P.S whats up with all the port begging.

And it shouldn't eben be port begging since this game should be on Switch day one.

It hit 1M mid last year - https://personacentral.com/p4g-pc-1-million-sold/

Around the Network
hinch said:
Kakadu18 said:

That's quite nice.

Surprised to see it not being on the Switch. I wonder if you need to play the first one before playing this one?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

hinch said:
SKMBlake said:

Persona 5 is a PS3 game

Persona 5 was developed for PS3/PS4. Doesn't mean it would be easy for the game to run or Atlas to port to the Switch. If you look at SMT V, that ran quite badly and that was developed exclusively for it.

Kakadu18 said:

SMTV is running on Unreal Engine 4. It runs fine. Once again Persona 5 is running on the same engine as Cathrine which is a game that is on Switch. Persona 5 was made with PS3 hardware in mind and essentially ported to PS4. Switch is running much more demanding games from Nintendo alone let alone a bunch of 3rd party ports. Persona 5 would be a non issue. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was made on a more powerful console than PS3 in Wii U.

Leynos said:
hinch said:

Kakadu18 said:

SMTV is running on Unreal Engine 4. It runs fine. Once again Persona 5 is running on the same engine as Cathrine which is a game that is on Switch. Persona 5 was made with PS3 hardware in mind and essentially ported to PS4. Switch is running much more demanding games from Nintendo alone let alone a bunch of 3rd party ports. Persona 5 would be a non issue. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was made on a more powerful console than PS3 in Wii U.

Catherine doesn't use use Persona 5's Royal engine, they used an external engine called Gamebryo. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is using UE4.

There has to be a solid reasons why they decided to release it on every console but the Switch, from the get go. They might even port it some time after release. Anyway done with arguing. Idc if its on the Switch or not.. only bought it up because of the first few replies. Maybe lets discuss the game rather than what platform its on (or not on?).

hinch said:
Leynos said:

Catherine doesn't use use Persona 5's Royal engine, they used an external engine called Gamebryo. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is using UE4.

There has to be a solid reasons why they decided to release it on every console but the Switch, from the get go. They might even port it some time after release. Anyway done with arguing. Idc if its on the Switch or not.. only bought it up because of the first few replies. Maybe lets discuss the game rather than what platform its on (or not on?).

I stopped reading when you said TMS is UE4. No. It is not. Wii U didn't support UE let alone UE4. You keep moving goalposts because you don't want to admit your wrong. You're wrong. Sorry. Persona 5 could easily run on Switch. Period.