By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soul Hackers 2 Announced for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC

Leynos said:
hinch said:

Persona 5 was developed for PS3/PS4. Doesn't mean it would be easy for the game to run or Atlas to port to the Switch. If you look at SMT V, that ran quite badly and that was developed exclusively for it.

Kakadu18 said:

When did it top 1mil? It sold 500k last I heard.

And it shouldn't eben be port begging since this game should be on Switch day one.

It hit 1M mid last year - https://personacentral.com/p4g-pc-1-million-sold/

SMTV is running on Unreal Engine 4. It runs fine. Once again Persona 5 is running on the same engine as Cathrine which is a game that is on Switch. Persona 5 was made with PS3 hardware in mind and essentially ported to PS4. Switch is running much more demanding games from Nintendo alone let alone a bunch of 3rd party ports. Persona 5 would be a non issue. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was made on a more powerful console than PS3 in Wii U.

And the same team, if not mistaken. 

Around the Network
Leynos said:
hinch said:

Catherine doesn't use use Persona 5's Royal engine, they used an external engine called Gamebryo. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is using UE4.

There has to be a solid reasons why they decided to release it on every console but the Switch, from the get go. They might even port it some time after release. Anyway done with arguing. Idc if its on the Switch or not.. only bought it up because of the first few replies. Maybe lets discuss the game rather than what platform its on (or not on?).

I stopped reading when you said TMS is UE4. No. It is not. Wii U didn't support UE let alone UE4. You keep moving goalposts because you don't want to admit your wrong. You're wrong. Sorry. Persona 5 could easily run on Switch. Period.

Found that on Google, but sure. I'm not a video games developer or neither are you. Only the guys at Atlus knows whats up (about SH 2).

At bold.. is that what you were doing? I replied back to a guy about Persona 5 and you flew off the handle. And I asked politely asked to stop. Not replying anymore to this so quote someone else. 

hinch said:
Leynos said:

SMTV is running on Unreal Engine 4. It runs fine. Once again Persona 5 is running on the same engine as Cathrine which is a game that is on Switch. Persona 5 was made with PS3 hardware in mind and essentially ported to PS4. Switch is running much more demanding games from Nintendo alone let alone a bunch of 3rd party ports. Persona 5 would be a non issue. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was made on a more powerful console than PS3 in Wii U.

Catherine doesn't use use Persona 5's Royal engine, they used an external engine called Gamebryo. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is using UE4.

There has to be a solid reasons why they decided to release it on every console but the Switch, from the get go. They might even port it some time after release. Anyway done with arguing. Idc if its on the Switch or not.. only bought it up because of the first few replies. Maybe lets discuss the game rather than what platform its on (or not on?).

There is no solid reason, just like there is zero reason for Persona 4 not being on PS4 and Switch. It's Atlus you're talking about, they have a decades long tradition of making zero sense.

hinch said:
Leynos said:

Catherine doesn't use use Persona 5's Royal engine

Catherine doesn't, but Catherine Full Body does use Persona 5's engine.

What is with Atlus and the Switch? From being one of the biggest 3rd parties on the 3DS by a lot to mostly releasing old PS360 ports. The only new games Atlus has released is SMTV.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Nice announcement to see here from Atlus, way to put the "heart" back into their games. I'll definitely check this out on PS5. It's good to see they're diversifying the supported platforms here as well, especially after the poor and choppy performance of SMT V on Switch. They can now have the definitive handheld experience with the Steam Deck and not be held back by that platform this time around. I also expect a good sales showing from the Xbox userbase as well to show support so they can continue to get some Atlus titles down the road.

I imagine it will come to the switch eventually as a late port.
Sad that some devs still have the system as "low priority" despite how popular it is
(Kingdom hearts)

I'm not bitter, I promise!

hinch said:
Metallox said:

I think people are just surprised. One of the posters here puts it perfectly, the latest entry in the main series just released for Switch, but this one won't, not to mention the last re-release of Soul Hackers was put on 3DS. Meanwhile, this will be Atlus' first game for Xbox in a decade. 

Game also looks like Tokyo Mirage Sessions, lol. 

Well its a new SMT and people are instantly downplaying it because its not on Switch lol. Like come on.. a new SH game and instant negs in the first few posts. Don't be a cheap-ass and get a system that has it if it bothers you so much.

Besides looks like its running on Persona 5's engine so it might not even work on Switch without some work and major overhaul. If anything people should be begging for a new Switch so it can get these games.

Or just ignore them... you know. Port-begging doesn't have impact on Atlus beyond an obnoxious feed on Twitter and their enterprise emails. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

It's more people are surprised than port begging. No Mans Sky is running on the hardware. As is Witcher 3. A plethora of examples from 3rd party software running native on Switch. It's likely less about hardware and more about Atlus has always been nonsensical like this. I'm getting Soul Hackers 2 on PlayStation either way.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Uhmz isnt the ps3 a lot stronger then the switch i mean.

No switch game comes even close to uncharted 3 or god of war on ps3.

Edit: sorry this should have been a reply.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil