By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soul Hackers 2 Announced for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC

xl-klaudkil said:

Uhmz isnt the ps3 a lot stronger then the switch i mean.

No switch game comes even close to uncharted 3 or god of war on ps3.

Edit: sorry this should have been a reply.

Good joke.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Uhmz isnt the ps3 a lot stronger then the switch i mean.

No switch game comes even close to uncharted 3 or god of war on ps3.

Switch is a much stronger system than PS3. PS3 overall was weaker than Wii U and Switch is more powerful than Wii U.  You're judging by style rather than actual technical prowess. Some of the more anime looking stuff on Switch is a bigger technical feat than those games. Due to several effects,lighting and a whole lot more.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

xl-klaudkil said:

Naah this should haven't been posted at all

I think Astral Chain looks better than anything that ever released on the PS3 and a bunch of other Nintendo games like Xenoblade 2 and BotW would never be able to run on the PS3.

If you need more proof to the capabilities of the Switch, DF did do a nice comparison with Crysis 2 on PS3 vs Crysis 2 Remastered on the Switch:

Not even close

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 21 February 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Metallox said:
hinch said:

Well its a new SMT and people are instantly downplaying it because its not on Switch lol. Like come on.. a new SH game and instant negs in the first few posts. Don't be a cheap-ass and get a system that has it if it bothers you so much.

Besides looks like its running on Persona 5's engine so it might not even work on Switch without some work and major overhaul. If anything people should be begging for a new Switch so it can get these games.

Or just ignore them... you know. Port-begging doesn't have impact on Atlus beyond an obnoxious feed on Twitter and their enterprise emails. 

Everytime the Switch gets an exclusive game PS/XB owners start port-begging. It happened with DQXI S, SMT V, and Disgaea 6. Sometimes it even happens with Nintendo-produced titles.

Mar1217 said:

Anywooo, I've seen a lot of comments (part of them prolly basic trolls) commenting on how the game must be sufficently graphically intensive for the aging Switch not to be able to run it or properly like the other platforms. I mean, let's not kid ourselves here, there's far better looking native game on Switch that takes advantage of it's hardware than what was shown in the trailer.

It is totally probable however that they do have problem scalling the engine for the Switch (Though I'd like to know which one they are using cuz something tells me it is close to the engine TMS used than anything else). Good probability it simply has do to with budget constraints. They are porting on almost every platform after all.

My overall guess is that we'll get a port of this game later (probably a Definitive Edition of some kind) once the "profits" come rolling in after the release or even more faster if the venture becomes a desastrous financial failure.

The Switch did get a lot of late ports of 8th gen games, i.e. DBFZ and DBZ Kakarot. Hopefully that will be the case there, since I would rather play it on Switch than on PS4 and am not planning to get a PS5 right now.

Mar1217 said:

Anywooo, I've seen a lot of comments (part of them prolly basic trolls) commenting on how the game must be sufficently graphically intensive for the aging Switch not to be able to run it or properly like the other platforms. I mean, let's not kid ourselves here, there's far better looking native game on Switch that takes advantage of it's hardware than what was shown in the trailer.

It is totally probable however that they do have problem scalling the engine for the Switch (Though I'd like to know which one they are using cuz something tells me it is close to the engine TMS used than anything else). Good probability it simply has do to with budget constraints. They are porting on almost every platform after all.

My overall guess is that we'll get a port of this game later (probably a Definitive Edition of some kind) once the "profits" come rolling in after the release or even more faster if the venture becomes a desastrous financial failure.

A Switch version would give a way better ROI than an Xbox version, so I'm not sure about budget constraints. I think the Xbox version might be some sort of test for the sales potential.

Kakadu18 said:

I think Astral Chain looks better than anything that ever released on the PS3 and a bunch of other Nintendo games like Xenoblade 2 and BotW would never be able to run on the PS3.

Not to mention Dragon Quest XI. Luigi's Mansion and Monster Hunter Rise.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Imagine xl-klaudkil not returning to this thread after being reiterated over and over the PS3 isn't more powerful than the Switch.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.