By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC Announced, 48 Course DLC

thats like 2 games for the price of half a game

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

This is so exciting! I've been saying for a while that they should do DLC instead of a new game (and to do it this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary)! This is way more than what I hoped for (would've settled for just 8 courses). Super excited that Coconut Mall is returning. Hope to see others like Mushroom Bridge, Toad's Factory, Mushroom Gorge, Wii Rainbow Road (and frankly all the other RR's that haven't appeared yet), Waluigi Stadium, Waluigi Pinball, Maple Treeway, DK Mountain, DK Summit, Wii Mario Circuit/Luigi Circuit, Koopa Cape, Wuhu Loop, Maka Wuhu, 3DS Mario Circuit, Rock Rock Mountain and others.

HUGE

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nintendo: Mario Kart 9? What's that?

Considering how much Nintendo charges for software and add-ons, $25 for 48 courses is okay. I plan on getting the courses at some point.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Let's face it. When you think of a new Mario Kart game, more courses is probably the first thing that comes to mind. This will breathe an incredible amount of new life into a very old game that is somehow still selling like crazy even without this DLC.

zorg1000 said:

At this rate Switch 2 will launch with Mario kart 8 Deluxe and DLC bundled.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 2 Definitive Edition
MK8D2DE

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

zorg1000 said:

And why not? A new MK9 would not be able to match the value of MK8, especially in terms of courses.

Farsala said:
zorg1000 said:

And why not? A new MK9 would not be able to match the value of MK8, especially in terms of courses.

Plus, it may divide the player base on Switch, limiting the number of players available online. I'm concerned Splatoon 3 will do that. Mario Kart 8's engine is so good (pun nintended) that they could have released only 32 tracks of these 48 with a new UI and called it Mario Kart 9. Instead it's 50% more courses for less than half the price. I think this is a better value than a new game, assuming there wasn't some totally innovative new gimmick to justify it being a new game. Again, I'm still waiting to see how Splatoon 3 justifies itself.

That's some ridiculous value.