5 0 0%

4 1 1.96%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:51
MasonADC said:

If botw 2 is gonna be delayed, i rather it be here than at an e3 direct

Generally, not including Botw 2 first announcement, MP4 due to changing teams, Nintendo doesn't announce things more than 9 months prior to release. So if it is delayed into 2023, I doubt we'd hear about it until E3. If it is coming this year, then they absolutely will show it tomorrow, some direct before E3, or perhaps E3. I could see them doing a Botw 2 only direct in March to celebrate 5 years since Botw 1 came out March 2017, also.

Around the Network

Awesome.
I was just thinking at the beginning of the week that now could be a good time for a Direct. They rarely do it before the launch of a big game, but here shortly after Arceus made sense.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I think Monolith Soft's next game will finally be revealed. So excited.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Metallox said:

I think Monolith Soft's next game will finally be revealed. So excited.

I don't know if I'm more excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or the new IP they've been working on!

Around the Network
kenjab said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Keyword being "mainly" so I suppose I can at least have some hope (albeit slim) for a new FE game being announced.

I seem to recall the previous Direct (in Sept) claimed to show games releasing "during the holidays" and still showed Kirby, Splatoon and Bayonetta so your guess is as good as any.

I feel like they always do this they either use wording like "focused on" or "mainly showing" and still have games outside that range. Which I think is fair if someone mainly focuses on something it doesn't mean that it will be exclusively that.

I looked at Nintendo's direct page that include the direct tweet announcement wording and for the 3 directs last year they all had this kind of wording with games coming out after that.

02-17-2021 Nintendo Direct: "Watch the Nintendo Direct featuring roughly 50 minutes of information focused on available games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and games coming to Nintendo Switch in the first half of 2021."

Splatoon 3 was announced and there was more shown of Triangle strategy and Skyward sword (July so close to first half).

06-15-2021 Nintendo Direct: "Watch the Nintendo Direct with roughly 40 minutes of info focused exclusively on Nintendo Switch software, mostly releasing in 2021."

Mario and rabbids 2 and Breath of the Wild sequel (I don't count Advanced wars 1+2 since it was planned for last year)

09-23-2021 Nintendo Direct: "Watch the Nintendo Direct featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused mainly on Nintendo Switch games launching this winter.

Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3 Monster hunter rise sunbreak and Kirby were all shown.

So I think it is likely we get at least a few announcements outside of the window they mentioned.

Let me get my clown makeup ready as I hope for news on Silksong.

Signature goes here!

Dulfite said:
MasonADC said:

Generally, not including Botw 2 first announcement, MP4 due to changing teams, Nintendo doesn't announce things more than 9 months prior to release. So if it is delayed into 2023, I doubt we'd hear about it until E3. If it is coming this year, then they absolutely will show it tomorrow, some direct before E3, or perhaps E3. I could see them doing a Botw 2 only direct in March to celebrate 5 years since Botw 1 came out March 2017, also.

If it is a small delay where they date it for early next year I could totally see them have it in a direct but I guess that they might announce it outside of a direct if they can't set a more specific date than 2023.

I wonder if Goldeneye will finally get announced!

Dulfite said:
MasonADC said:

true, i was basing what i said off of the original game timeline. It was delayed a few months before the e3 blowout. Plus it would suck if we got a huge e3 blowout of botw 2 and it ended with "coming 2023" lol