What are you FEEEELING?

I KNEW IT!!!!! 15 30.61%

I am more shocked than Luke! 3 6.12%

I AM A SHAREHOLDER, CASHING OUT BABY! 5 10.20%

We needed this to restor sanity to the forum. 2 4.08%

We deserved this thread. 8 16.33%

BAN DULFITE! 16 32.65%

Total:49

Reports are coming in that Nintendo LTD is planning on purchasing at least 75% shares in nobody, the publishing studio that owns no studios and is legendary for no game one, no game two, and no game three. Their fall from grace over no game four lead to a share decline of roughly 37% Y/Y which gave Nintendo the incentive to pounce.

With this purchase, Nintendo has greatly expanded it's capabilities and footprint in nowhere.

*This is breaking news and will be updated as details come in.

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't need anyone, it's really just Sony who is going to be hurt badly by the "traditional 3rd party" structure falling apart. Nintendo has sold systems for decades now mainly on their own IP.

Nintendo actually has more power if MS buys up a bunch of big third parties, it weakens Sony primarily. So let the acquistion wars continue, Nintendo has done just fine without say ... GTA for years. How's Sony going to do if MS buys Take 2? They're going to be hurt badly.

Good one.
But honestly, since these aquisitions seem to continue I kinda hope Nintendo buys someone, anyone before everyone's gone.

Kakadu18 said:

Good one.
But honestly, since these aquisitions seem to continue I kinda hope Nintendo buys someone, anyone before everyone's gone.

I'll be serious for a moment. I'd rather Nintendo make brand new studios that focus exclusively on reviving old Nintendo ip in the hopes they can be popular again if they have a creative enough idea. We don't really need new IP, Nintendo has plenty it hadn't used in years/decades. And you don't buy an established studio generally to revive old ip, but to work on their own games, so I hope they build new studios with their money.

Around the Network

Nintendo will be fine. They're already investing in expanding software development, building two new facilities for that purpose.

Nintendo has been cheapskates for eternity. They just take all the money their fans give them in profits and keep it for themselves. They dont even bother spending a bit and upgrading their hardware to keep up with the times. So spending billions on acquisitions? Dont see that happening in this world. 

If Nintendo acquired anyone I think it would be something smaller like Level 5. God knows they could help Gamefreak in the graphics department. But it seems they'd rather just do contract work. Like Bandai Namco helps with a slew of high profile Nintendo 1st party software but they wouldn't buy them. Not sure if they even could afford Bamco.

But Nintendo should be fine. I mean, look at the best selling games on Switch. They're not from Activision, Bethesda, Blizzard or Bungie. While meaningful 3rd party support really goes a long way, I don't think it affects Nintendo as much as the other 2.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 31 January 2022

Kakadu18 said:

Good one.

Same. 
They likely wont buy anyone, but I'd be ok if they snatch Konami. I'd love to have a classic Bomberman or a 2D Castlevania on Switch and have Dracula as a Smash character. Plus...Suikoden.

Nobody?

The development team that bought us "nothing"?

Amazing buy. 0/0