Tagged games:

Will you buy it?

already preordered! 11 20.75%

will buy on release 6 11.32%

will buy later 15 28.30%

wait for more information 8 15.09%

not interested 13 24.53%

Total:53

Haven't seen a thread about this, so here goes. Sorry if I overlooked it. I wanted to remind everyone: Pokémon Arceus is about to release tomorrow. So let's check in a last time, before we have it in our hands.

Will you buy it? Already preordered it? Wait a bit? Or are you not interested?

Let's see the last trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4RynqpahT8&ab_channel=Nintendo

The review embargo has lifted, so we have review scores. So far Metacritic has it at 86 and Opencritic at 85 (89% recommend).

So, what are your opinions, informations or whatever you want to say about the game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Personally, I'm not interested, but I bought it for my son's 14th birthday. Should arrive in the morning.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

No interest

I went from being super pumped about this game at the reveal, to underwhelmed by the empty looking world, and back to being hyped again due to all the great things I've seen online from people that got to play it. The consensus from what I've seen is it's one of the best Pokemon games ever despite some issues. I can deal with issues if the overall experience is one of the greatest ever for a series I go way back with.

Dulfite said:

I went from being super pumped about this game at the reveal, to underwhelmed by the empty looking world, and back to being hyped again due to all the great things I've seen online from people that got to play it. The consensus from what I've seen is it's one of the best Pokemon games ever despite some issues. I can deal with issues if the overall experience is one of the greatest ever for a series I go way back with.

This is pretty much the exact same feeling I’ve had towards the game.

Around the Network

Waiting for my copy to arrive :)

34 years playing games.

After reading reviews yesterday I went from "this game looks cool but I won't buy cuz i already have one Pokemon on Switch", to "I will pick it up at some point this year, possibly on a whim in the next few weeks".

Still not quite the dream of an open world pokemon full of interesting things to do and explore, but seems to be halfway there. This seems like what I was hoping Sw/Sh would have been in terms of progress in the franchise from the original Pokemon games. Red was the only one I ever played before Sword and while Sword was fine I expected 20 years of hardware and software innovation to provide for a much more interesting and evolved Pokemon game. Legends looks like that innovation is finally really starting. I just hope the difficulty on Legends is up. Part of why Sword was only decent is that there wasn't much difficulty. Easy games don't really hold one's interest.

This game looks cool and is the first step toward Pokemon reinventing itself and improving on the now stale formula of the franchise. Actually wish I had skipped Sword and just waited for this game.

Slownenberg said:

After reading reviews yesterday I went from "this game looks cool but I won't buy cuz i already have one Pokemon on Switch", to "I will pick it up at some point this year, possibly on a whim in the next few weeks".

Still not quite the dream of an open world pokemon full of interesting things to do and explore, but seems to be halfway there. This seems like what I was hoping Sw/Sh would have been in terms of progress in the franchise from the original Pokemon games. Red was the only one I ever played before Sword and while Sword was fine I expected 20 years of hardware and software innovation to provide for a much more interesting and evolved Pokemon game. Legends looks like that innovation is finally really starting. I just hope the difficulty on Legends is up. Part of why Sword was only decent is that there wasn't much difficulty. Easy games don't really hold one's interest.

This game looks cool and is the first step toward Pokemon reinventing itself and improving on the now stale formula of the franchise. Actually wish I had skipped Sword and just waited for this game.

About the difficulty: some reviews suggest it is indeed a bit more challenging. Some of the bosses might be leveled above you and apparently wild pokemon can gang up on you and attack you at the same time. Don't know how that works, but we will see I guess. So in that regard it seems to be a bit more challenging.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Slownenberg said:

About the difficulty: some reviews suggest it is indeed a bit more challenging. Some of the bosses might be leveled above you and apparently wild pokemon can gang up on you and attack you at the same time. Don't know how that works, but we will see I guess. So in that regard it seems to be a bit more challenging.

ah yeah i did see that in the reviews. Hopefully the whole game in general is a bit harder.

I left the choice mainly in my little brother's hands since he's a bigger Pokemon fan. Based on the leaks, he thought it would be worth getting, so we preordered two copies. Moderately looking forward to it.