By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All digital people, what was your final physical purchase?

I am not sure I will go full digital.

But it has been years since I bought a physical game. It could have been Dragon Age Inquisition.

Around the Network

Witcher 3 Collectors Edition

I thought I went full digital, but since I got my Switch I keep buying physical games for it.
If I ignore Switch cartridges, MGS: phantom pain was the last disc I bought, around 6 years ago.

Pokémon Diamond remake, didn't know I wanted it but grabbed it and a Switch Lite Pokémon edition

BonfiresDown said:

Could be Diablo III on PC. Really nice box.

I might buy Ring Fit at some point though.

I think mine was Diablo III as well, we expected congestion issues in servers and wanted to avoid a large download (buy were we ever right about that). I use Steam, GOG and Origin (and, of course, Battle.net).

I still buy physical on PS, Sony's servers are way too slow for all digital, and drive space is an issue with modern games.

Around the Network

I guess it would be Devil May Cry 5. I buy digital unless I happen to be in a Best Buy and see a game I want (which doesn't happen very often). On Switch, I'm about 80% digital and my physical games kinda get snubbed because I can't be bothered to switch cartridges.

Signature goes here!

Oh snap, I forgot 3DS games lol. I bought like 25 physical 3DS games in 2020 and 2021 and a few digital, depending on what was cheaper. But on my Switch I'm practically all digital.

I think it may of been The Last of Us. Once I upgraded to PS4, I went all digital. I have Breadth of the Wild on cartdridge but I didn't buy it myself.

For me it was Mario odyssey. I bought my switch when it came out since I finally had money and one physical game doesn't mean I have to swap cartridge's. I went all digital partway through my 3DS life before that.

Either South Park: A Fractured but Whole or Horizon Zero Dawn.

Digital sales tripled, maybe even quadrupled, my gaming library. I don't think I would have more than 20+ games if I bought physical.