By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All digital people, what was your final physical purchase?

d21lewis said:
mjk45 said:

You and all the other people replying to this thread are lying i know for a fact that you all aren't digital people.

My mom was a robot and my dad was a cyborg.

Spoiler!
I'm secretly an NFT.

Don't tell anyone.

Around the Network

Everything I own is digital, physical is so lame

*frantically tries to shut cupboard as boxes and boxes of sweet, beautiful physical copies spill out*

On the PC, it was World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria.

For the consoles. Yes, i will definitely stop purchasing physical games. The PS5 platform will be first one, i will. Final Fantasy Origin is going to be my final physical purchase. Interestingly, i only have three physical PS5 games. They are Judgment, Lost Judgment and Guardians of the Galaxy. Yeah, it is almost that too early to stop buying physical PS5 games.

TallSilhouette said:
d21lewis said:

Spoiler!
I'm secretly an NFT.

Don't tell anyone.

So your telling me your 

Spoiler!
not fucking tall

the pompadour hairstyle really disguised that fact.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 25 January 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

d21lewis said:
mjk45 said:

You and all the other people replying to this thread are lying i know for a fact that you all aren't digital people.

family snapshot 

Last edited by mjk45 - on 25 January 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild. Tangibility is still pleasing to me including the smell of booklets and all… but it’s hard to beat convenience.

For PS4, I think its Yakuza Kiwami collectors edition. For Xbox One, I think its Titanfall 2.

I may still buy some delisted Xbox 360 games and I like to collect Switch carts.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

PSwii60 said:

Breath of the Wild. Tangibility is still pleasing to me including the smell of booklets and all… but it’s hard to beat convenience.

I keep seeing this word convenience being thrown around but it's like, how inconvenient is physical anyway? I mean, if two people are in a room on a couch, and there are two Switches docked under the TV... how much faster is the digital owner going to be able to get into their game than the physical owner? A minute? Thirty seconds? Because surely, it takes no more than that to pop in a game and sit back down.

JackHandy said:
PSwii60 said:

I keep seeing this word convenience being thrown around but it's like, how inconvenient is physical anyway? I mean, if two people are in a room on a couch, and there are two Switches docked under the TV... how much faster is the digital owner going to be able to get into their game than the physical owner? A minute? Thirty seconds? Because surely, it takes no more than that to pop in a game and sit back down.

Sure, that’s one instance but even with that logic it’s thirty seconds that I never had to spend obtaining or searching for that game.

It could also mean traveling and only worrying about the console and not the dozens of cartridges I would have been carrying with me.

It could also mean less risks of losing cartridges by me or by my kids.

It could also mean I’m a lazy person.

Convenience is subjective and digital works for me now.

Time and age forced me to realize those thirty seconds matter now to me than ever before.

JackHandy said:

I keep seeing this word convenience being thrown around but it's like, how inconvenient is physical anyway? I mean, if two people are in a room on a couch, and there are two Switches docked under the TV... how much faster is the digital owner going to be able to get into their game than the physical owner? A minute? Thirty seconds? Because surely, it takes no more than that to pop in a game and sit back down.

Currently I'm sitting in the upper birth of a loft-bed, with a game console mounted across the room and *behind* the TV.  You'd better believe digital is a hell of a lot more than convenient for me in this moment!  :D

But it's also the convenience of not having to figure out where to put the boxes, not having to dust them, not having to alphabetize them, not opening up a case to find the wrong game inside, not opening up a case to find NO game inside, not having to move them with me if I move house, not having the cost of buying shelving, not having to buy bigger and bigger places to accommodate an ever-growing collection, etc.