By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you want Sony to trade for CoD on PlayStation?

Soundwave said:

COD isn't the only big loss here.

Losing things like Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, are big losses too.

Those arent being loss. This deal dosent close for another one and a half years. Those games will be out by then or close enough that they would still launch multyplaform. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Sony should purchase the rights to Medal of Honour and reboot it. It could be turned into a copycat product that substitutes COD.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Maybe 5 cents?

It is curious seeing people handling this like a kidnapping and Sony having to pay ransom and do whatever MS demands. Sure all to level the play field right?

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 24 January 2022

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:
Soundwave said:

COD isn't the only big loss here.

Losing things like Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, are big losses too.

Those arent being loss. This deal dosent close for another one and a half years. Those games will be out by then or close enough that they would still launch multyplaform. 

Those games can be delayed and be released after the sell.  It really is in MS court if those games do come out for Sony system or MS make a deal to get them held off to release day one on GP.  You never really know how any of this is going to shake out because yes, a year is a ways away but a lot can happen.

twintail said:
Kristof81 said:

Agree. It took Nintendo a long time to be (let's say) independent and successful and has taken occasional huge losses in the process. This rollercoaster of their roadmap didn't come cheap.

Sony, on the other hand, never had to worry about it. With 95% of AAA games coming to their platforms and with excellent 1st party titles, picking a Sony console was no-brainer from the consumer perspective. You could have the best of both worlds ... the safe choice if you will. Now if you take one of the best selling games away from their platform, the average Joe will at least start reevaluating his consumer decisions.  

Perhaps. PS4 had a software attach rate of 10:1, and Sony IP's sell better now than they ever have. They still have a lot going for them. 

It is more than 15:1 nowadays from what I know, PS4 SW is close to 2B units sold if I'm not wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
eva01beserk said:

Those games can be delayed and be released after the sell.  It really is in MS court if those games do come out for Sony system or MS make a deal to get them held off to release day one on GP.  You never really know how any of this is going to shake out because yes, a year is a ways away but a lot can happen.

Funny to see people thinking MS demanding Kotick being fired to close the deal would be to much, but thinking before the deal is closed MS can tell Acti to delay CoD for 3 years so Sony don't have another mainline release....

The long term wouldn't be gamepass on PlayStation, but no PlayStation at all. For Microsoft PlayStation is an annoying and infuriating company which doesn't align with the vision of MS of the industry. Especially since they own their own plastic box made for games. With PlayStation out of the way Microsoft can dominate the market. The Switch is irrelevant since it isn't in the same market. Microsoft is aim should not be to coexist, but too push PlayStation out of the market and buy their studios.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

DonFerrari said:

It is curious seeing people handling this like a kidnapping and Sony having to pay ransom and do whatever MS demands. Sure all to level the play field right?

Look, early to mid last gen, SNY went and made partial/timed exclusive deals, like with COD, and kept their user base to themselves through lack of cross play, so it should be expected that MS takes COD and other franchises away entirely, unless a ransom is paid.

SNY and it's fans are hypocrites anyway since they've always been all about exclusivity, so they deserve it...

Look, early to mid last gen, XB went and made it clear exclusives were so bad they were evil. Lack of cross play was also evil. They also made sure to point out SNY was the root of that hellscape and they should be shunned and constantly berated into submission.

XB and it's fans are only doing what is right and just. It's not like SNY went out and bought smaller studios with smaller franchises and built them up, if not built them from the ground up, so why can't MS also just buy up all the huge mega studios and franchises?..

Nobody wants a world where nobodies, though talented, grow and make big things happen and dreams come true. They want giant mega corps buying their way to become to big to fail, so they can power your dreams in the metaverse...

EricHiggin said:
DonFerrari said:

Look, early to mid last gen, SNY went and made partial/timed exclusive deals, like with COD, and kept their user base to themselves through lack of cross play, so it should be expected that MS takes COD and other franchises away entirely, unless a ransom is paid.

SNY and it's fans are hypocrites anyway since they've always been all about exclusivity, so they deserve it...

Look, early to mid last gen, XB went and made it clear exclusives were so bad they were evil. Lack of cross play was also evil. They also made sure to point out SNY was the root of that hellscape and they should be shunned and constantly berated into submission.

XB and it's fans are only doing what is right and just. It's not like SNY went out and bought smaller studios with smaller franchises and built them up, if not built them from the ground up, so why can't MS also just buy up all the huge mega studios and franchises?..

Nobody wants a world where nobodies, though talented, grow and make big things happen and dreams come true. They want giant mega corps buying their way to become to big to fail, so they can power your dreams in the metaverse...

Well I guess we can agree after reading the full satire =p

And I really have a hard time with the metaverse stuff. Neymar seems to have bought an avatar that cost half a million dollar. It is just a fucking monkey drawing. Where did value scale gone to?

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 25 January 2022

DonFerrari said:
Machiavellian said:

Funny to see people thinking MS demanding Kotick being fired to close the deal would be to much, but thinking before the deal is closed MS can tell Acti to delay CoD for 3 years so Sony don't have another mainline release....

Actually yes, they can because when you purchase something, you can purchase something with conditions.  Not sure what make you believe that MS going to pay that kind of money and not also have certain conditions on the sale.  There is a lot of work that goes into a sell and there are a lot of contracts made on C level execs, how long the stay or if they go.  I have been through the sale of the company I have worked for 3 times and trust you me, its not just putting up the money and that is it.  So yes, before the sale, there will be many talks about every single IP that Activision/ Blizzard own, what is coming to market at what time and for what platform.  Everything is now up in he air until its all done.