By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you want Sony to trade for CoD on PlayStation?

EricHiggin said:
chakkra said:

I notice that they're missing the warning to consumers that PS5 outperforms XBSX.

You know, just in case they didn't watch the testing, analysis and comparisons.

Wouldn't want them choosing the wrong system now would we?...

I know, I know.

'But PS5 doesn't always perform better.' 

Ok,

But COD isn't exclusive to XB either.

So...

Did you read the translation? It’s not saying CoD is Xbox exclusive, it’s saying Microsoft bought Activision.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
EricHiggin said:

I notice that they're missing the warning to consumers that PS5 outperforms XBSX.

I know, I know.

Ok,

So...

Okay...

Quick question: Why are you telling that to me? I'm not the one who wrote that sign and put it up there. Maybe you should find a way to tell that to them.

I'm not the one who posted about the sign in the first place.

Question : Why did you?

LudicrousSpeed said:
EricHiggin said:

I know, I know.

Ok,

So...

Did you read the translation? It’s not saying CoD is Xbox exclusive, it’s saying Microsoft bought Activision.

I must be seeing things. I totally thought it more directly pointed out COD.

It just says Activision and choose carefully though I guess. My French is pretty rusty.

My bad...

EricHiggin said:
chakkra said:

Okay...

Quick question: Why are you telling that to me? I'm not the one who wrote that sign and put it up there. Maybe you should find a way to tell that to them.

I thought it was pretty clear, but apparently not. I posted it to illustrate that the news is already reaching people out of online forums and Youtube commentary.

chakkra said:
EricHiggin said:

I thought it was pretty clear, but apparently not. I posted it to illustrate that the news is already reaching people out of online forums and Youtube commentary.

Is that where the "majority" get their news?

And I was illustrating how poorly info get's out in general, and how the importance of certain info doesn't seem to factor into what get's out and shared abroad and what doesn't.

Now if instead of mentioning that missed info in a reply here prior, if I tried to get that info out more broadly, how successful would I likely have been?..

It's not like those are the only things consumers should be taking into account that aren't widely known and understood.

Then again, that would take up the entire display case, and nobody would be able to see the products in them anymore, and you can't have that...

Around the Network

What would you want Sony to trade for CoD on PlayStation?

Don't know, but the industry's "Destiny" seems uncertain.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 31 January 2022

Machiavellian said:
DonFerrari said:

You are still confusing as hell. I sustain that profit is what matters not player count, player count can be a mean to reach profits but certainly isn`t a certainty. Did you see the report from Epic Store having an average 4 USD expenditure per customer in a year (and that would go for revenue not profit), so let`s pretend Halo 20M userbase expended 4 USD each, that is 80M USD or if we were talking of full price sales similar revenue to a 1.5M sales. Since you don`t have the profit numbers made by Halo you can`t disprove or prove anything.

TLOU have sold more than 20M https://www.vgchartz.com/article/440912/the-last-of-us-has-sold-over-20-million-units/ and from what I remember there a few more titles. God of War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_4_video_games#cite_note-2 was at 19.5M and since it already crossed 1M on PC it is another title that have more than 20M sales. Seems like Spider-man also had crossed 20M not long ago.

I do remember seeing some other games for which Sony gave a number of users (like PS+ games and the like).

The problem with this view point is that it only accounts for today.  Yes, its more profitable to see a 70 dollar game then have a large player base depending on how much they spend within the game.  The thing is MS isn't concerned about today and they are not trying to protect sales over GP subs.  If you only limit yourself to thinking like this you do not see the big picture.  The big picture has been to create a service that supports billions of users with a constant stream of money coming in.  This is why Sony does not feel the need to try to really compete with GP right now but at some point in time once the Google, Apple, Netflix, Amazon you name it flip the eco system, its the subscription eco system with the most games that will garner the prize.  

Hey man, don't get me wrong, and I don't disagree with you.

My point wasn't that you can't make money with f2p or that 20M userbase won't generate good profit. My point was first that the money used to purchase the studios and publishers didn't come from Xbox but from MS pocket (Xbox haven't made 85B+ of profits in its history, but certainly have made that in revenue).

The other point was that there is no question that in the end what matter is profit, so selling 20M and having 20M f2p players isn't nearly the same as well, and also there is no denying that with the barrier of entry of paying 70 bucks versus trying for free there is no denial that 20M sales is more impressive. Sure if you show your game after 5 years still have a MAU of 20M that is fairly impressive.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

"My armory is open to you". "If the Cabal want war. Give them war!"