By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you want Sony to trade for CoD on PlayStation?

eva01beserk said:
zero129 said:

I sensed ill intent in your comments before i even replied to you judging from your other comments in this thread.

Halo is also back on top of its game, over 20 million players, Sony couldnt take it off the top at any point and was never able to make a FPS shooter that even came close to it but now they are going to make a CoD killer.

The mental gymnastics you guys play with yourselves is always fun to watch.

You said how MS is pretty much going to have no games for the rest of the year and thats why they announced their intend to buy activision blizzard and i didnt see you getting moderation for that so why would you be worried about one now?.

You could look at it that way. But my reply was to someone I know wont throw a fit if im negative to xbox. Your response to me was looking to bait me I thought wich is why I just replyed in jest because I dont want to get into it and derail the thread. And I never hide my dislike for what the Xbox has devoled into I just trying to avoid arguments. 

But I will say. I dont belive anybody ever said "COD killer". I'm pretty sure everyone has said a replacement now that there would be a vaccume. Dosent nessesaraly have to be a killer. 

And well, comparing PS3 years to PS4 years, Halo gone from like 15M sell to probably 8M or less, while several Sony IPs gone over 15M. Seems like they really didn`t need a Halo killer. And we see MS response, they can`t make games that rival Sony so they are buying publishers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:

You could look at it that way. But my reply was to someone I know wont throw a fit if im negative to xbox. Your response to me was looking to bait me I thought wich is why I just replyed in jest because I dont want to get into it and derail the thread. And I never hide my dislike for what the Xbox has devoled into I just trying to avoid arguments. 

But I will say. I dont belive anybody ever said "COD killer". I'm pretty sure everyone has said a replacement now that there would be a vaccume. Dosent nessesaraly have to be a killer. 

And well, comparing PS3 years to PS4 years, Halo gone from like 15M sell to probably 8M or less, while several Sony IPs gone over 15M. Seems like they really didn`t need a Halo killer. And we see MS response, they can`t make games that rival Sony so they are buying publishers.

I would say its more to do with them working toghether with third partys. If they are providing a product that the audinece loves then why try to compete with them like MS did. Not just that but also even release similar content also on the hollidays where the third party that's more popular also releases. Sonys strategy to catter to a audince thats not being service and releasing them in the off months so everybody wins is the way to go. To this day I still dont get why release games only in the hollidays.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

zero129 said:
eva01beserk said:

The thread was derailed long ago so i dont think the is any need to worry about it now.

I dont bait people also so the is no need to worry about that you can speak your mind.

Some questions.

1. How can you say what xbox has devolved into when it has turned things around completely from late 360/early xbone days?.

2. The will never be a replacement anytime soon for CoD just like the never was for Halo. Even EA tried to turn Medal of Honor into a CoD clone and it didnt work out for them and MoH was a well established IP at that stage with more of a history then CoD at that point. So what makes you think that CoD fans will just accept this replacement from Sony?.

my apoligies I dint mean you are baiting me. Just that its bait for me knowing my history and that's why im trying to change. Where the topic about that I'll be all in no regrets. 

1. How so? To this day nothing has changed since the day Phil whent on stage and promised games games games every single year and to this day we are still waiting. Like I said before this deal is more of the same. Big anouncement but nothing really happened just keep waiting. 

2. They don't have to. If you dont have COD you can either leave or accept whatever replacement Sony brings out. The ones who only play that game will definetly leave. The ones that dont only play that game have a choice to make.

I'm sure the more casual game now is fortnite and that outranked COD a while ago. Just remember that COD or fortnite are multi player games that people play with friends. So its not just I want to play that game is what do my friends in the ecosystem want to play and you will need to convice all of them to switch. Much harder. But thats just my take.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:

That would be an incorrect analysis.  Since Sony is also purchasing companies.  MS is purchasing Devs and Publishers not in response to Sony but instead response to the market.  Right now everyone is purchasing Devs and publishers are up for sale.  People continue to live in the Console war mindset but those wars are pretty much gone.  MS purchase Bethesda and Activision not because of Sony but because they were up for sale and if they are going to make Gamepass the defacto subscription then content is king.  I looked at Apple earnings and you just know they are coming into the game, its only a matter of time. 2 billion devices out in the wild.  You guys forward vision continue to limit you in understanding a big shift happening in the market.

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Do you get numbers on Halo sales no one else has?. Its gone from 11-12m users to over 20 million users thats all that matters is player count.

Killzone or any other Sony FPS didnt even make a dent in Halo and Sony will never have a FPS game be as big as it or CoD if it goes exclusive.

Nope, profit is what count.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
DonFerrari said:

That would be an incorrect analysis.  Since Sony is also purchasing companies.  MS is purchasing Devs and Publishers not in response to Sony but instead response to the market.  Right now everyone is purchasing Devs and publishers are up for sale.  People continue to live in the Console war mindset but those wars are pretty much gone.  MS purchase Bethesda and Activision not because of Sony but because they were up for sale and if they are going to make Gamepass the defacto subscription then content is king.  I looked at Apple earnings and you just know they are coming into the game, its only a matter of time. 2 billion devices out in the wild.  You guys forward vision continue to limit you in understanding a big shift happening in the market.

Microsoft doesn’t even try to hide this but for whatever reason no one wants to take their word on it. All of these moves have been to feed gamepass, and all of these moves are ultimately because Microsoft wants a bigger slice of the entertainment pie. 

it’s been repeated so many times it’s almost a cliche at this point, but Microsoft is competing with Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Meta, Google, Disney, anyone that wants your subscriber dollars in exchange for entertainment content, regardless of what that content is. 

This isn’t a war for living room set top boxes anymore and I think even Sony realizes that too. Every device streams now, every device plays games now. The game console is just not the be all end all of the living room anymore, controlling the content is more important than controlling a box

I want them to port Call of Duty 4 to the Switch in exchange for Bayonetta 2 at 60fps at 4K.

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

Do you get numbers on Halo sales no one else has?. Its gone from 11-12m users to over 20 million users thats all that matters is player count.

Killzone or any other Sony FPS didnt even make a dent in Halo and Sony will never have a FPS game be as big as it or CoD if it goes exclusive.

You mentioned some Sony franchises that went above 15 million. So how much profit does Sony make bundling games like God of War or Spider-Man or Uncharted 4? Or selling them for $18? Or bundling Horizon or selling the complete version for $15? Doesn’t sound like much profit. Maybe this is why they charge $70 for their software now and haven’t been doing bundles.

Machiavellian said:
DonFerrari said:

This post makes too much sense, mods should have closed the thread right after it was submitted. 

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

How much money is fortnite making? or is game sales the only way to make profit now?

Haven`t gone for their numbers, but from another thread seems to be carrying the burden for Epic.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

You mentioned some Sony franchises that went above 15 million. So how much profit does Sony make bundling games like God of War or Spider-Man or Uncharted 4? Or selling them for $18? Or bundling Horizon or selling the complete version for $15? Doesn’t sound like much profit. Maybe this is why they charge $70 for their software now and haven’t been doing bundles.

Machiavellian said:

This post makes too much sense, mods should have closed the thread right after it was submitted. 

After the game have already paid for itself on the first day of sales you want to claim they weren`t making any profit because of the bundles or discounts?

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Machiavellian said:

Naw, the OP said it was a fun thread its us that sometimes takes things way to serious.

Its hard for me to think about what I would trade for COD because I only play it every now and then and skip years all the time.  Since I always get a PS and Xbox system it really means nothing to me if COD goes away on PS but I know like my Soy who plays ever night, he would trade everything for it.