By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you want Sony to trade for CoD on PlayStation?

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Haven`t gone for their numbers, but from another thread seems to be carrying the burden for Epic.

LudicrousSpeed said:

You mentioned some Sony franchises that went above 15 million. So how much profit does Sony make bundling games like God of War or Spider-Man or Uncharted 4? Or selling them for $18? Or bundling Horizon or selling the complete version for $15? Doesn’t sound like much profit. Maybe this is why they charge $70 for their software now and haven’t been doing bundles.

This post makes too much sense, mods should have closed the thread right after it was submitted. 

After the game have already paid for itself on the first day of sales you want to claim they weren`t making any profit because of the bundles or discounts?

kettle meet pot..

Honestly in your eyes only Sony can make money and no one else. Even your replys here to Machiavellian was so dry it wasnt even funny.

I ask you again what Sony game has over 20 million users playing it?, and how can a game that does not make money just since its f2p.

You are the one who said Profit is the main thing like i said is Fortnite a F2P game not one of the most profitable games in the industry even more so then ones that charge money up front to play. Answear right this time not with your cut off posts that you been doing since you entered this thread.

Where did I say only Sony can make money? What are you even talking about?

With Sony having more than one game selling more than 20M you think they don`t have any game that received more than 20M players, really?

Your talk doesn`t even make much sense to reply even.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Where did I say only Sony can make money? What are you even talking about?

With Sony having more than one game selling more than 20M you think they don`t have any game that received more than 20M players, really?

Your talk doesn`t even make much sense to reply even.

Look at your post to me when i said Halo has more then 20m users and your reply how profit is whats important and my reply back to you how fortnite is one of the richest games in the industry atm even being f2p to prove my point a game doesnt need to get cash up front to make money. Yet no proper reply from you.

Care to point out the game that sold more then 20m from sony?.

No post to you will make sense if you keep cutting off the main points of them and replying to the parts you feel like.

You are still confusing as hell. I sustain that profit is what matters not player count, player count can be a mean to reach profits but certainly isn`t a certainty. Did you see the report from Epic Store having an average 4 USD expenditure per customer in a year (and that would go for revenue not profit), so let`s pretend Halo 20M userbase expended 4 USD each, that is 80M USD or if we were talking of full price sales similar revenue to a 1.5M sales. Since you don`t have the profit numbers made by Halo you can`t disprove or prove anything.

TLOU have sold more than 20M https://www.vgchartz.com/article/440912/the-last-of-us-has-sold-over-20-million-units/ and from what I remember there a few more titles. God of War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_4_video_games#cite_note-2 was at 19.5M and since it already crossed 1M on PC it is another title that have more than 20M sales. Seems like Spider-man also had crossed 20M not long ago.

I do remember seeing some other games for which Sony gave a number of users (like PS+ games and the like).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

Look at your post to me when i said Halo has more then 20m users and your reply how profit is whats important and my reply back to you how fortnite is one of the richest games in the industry atm even being f2p to prove my point a game doesnt need to get cash up front to make money. Yet no proper reply from you.

Care to point out the game that sold more then 20m from sony?.

No post to you will make sense if you keep cutting off the main points of them and replying to the parts you feel like.

You are still confusing as hell. I sustain that profit is what matters not player count, player count can be a mean to reach profits but certainly isn`t a certainty. Did you see the report from Epic Store having an average 4 USD expenditure per customer in a year (and that would go for revenue not profit), so let`s pretend Halo 20M userbase expended 4 USD each, that is 80M USD or if we were talking of full price sales similar revenue to a 1.5M sales. Since you don`t have the profit numbers made by Halo you can`t disprove or prove anything.

TLOU have sold more than 20M https://www.vgchartz.com/article/440912/the-last-of-us-has-sold-over-20-million-units/ and from what I remember there a few more titles. God of War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_4_video_games#cite_note-2 was at 19.5M and since it already crossed 1M on PC it is another title that have more than 20M sales. Seems like Spider-man also had crossed 20M not long ago.

I do remember seeing some other games for which Sony gave a number of users (like PS+ games and the like).

The problem with this view point is that it only accounts for today.  Yes, its more profitable to see a 70 dollar game then have a large player base depending on how much they spend within the game.  The thing is MS isn't concerned about today and they are not trying to protect sales over GP subs.  If you only limit yourself to thinking like this you do not see the big picture.  The big picture has been to create a service that supports billions of users with a constant stream of money coming in.  This is why Sony does not feel the need to try to really compete with GP right now but at some point in time once the Google, Apple, Netflix, Amazon you name it flip the eco system, its the subscription eco system with the most games that will garner the prize.  

eva01beserk said: 

I dont belive anybody ever said "COD killer". I'm pretty sure everyone has said a replacement now that there would be a vaccume. Dosent nessesaraly have to be a killer. 

Keanu, Keanu, he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can!

eva01beserk said:
Machiavellian said:

There really is no substitute for COD but there are already plenty of alternative FPS.  The player base for COD that want to play COD will go the platform that has COD.  Case in point would be Final Fantasy.  There are plenty of Japanese RPGs but there is no substitute for FF.  In the short term this probably does not have that big of an impact on Sony but long term well we will have to see.  If anything, this is MS sending a huge message to the industry that they are very serious about their commitment to the gaming industry and thus all the players are on noticed.

The majority of gamers are unaware of this. The majority are not online forums or watch youtube commentary. They see a game their friends have and buy it. So they will ignore this and keep buying playstations untill then. Then what? Asked them to switch consoles? That's gona be a big ask for a lot of them. Specially 5he younger players. 

Around the Network
chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

The majority of gamers are unaware of this. The majority are not online forums or watch youtube commentary. They see a game their friends have and buy it. So they will ignore this and keep buying playstations untill then. Then what? Asked them to switch consoles? That's gona be a big ask for a lot of them. Specially 5he younger players. 

I notice that they're missing the warning to consumers that PS5 outperforms XBSX.

You know, just in case they didn't watch the testing, analysis and comparisons.

Wouldn't want them choosing the wrong system now would we?...

I know, I know.

'But PS5 doesn't always perform better.' 

Ok,

But COD isn't exclusive to XB either.

So...

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 29 January 2022

I don't care about CoD but I don't really care about Sony exclusives that much either, otherwise I'd have already bought a Playstation.

It would be nice to get all games on one platform though.

KiigelHeart said:

I don't care about CoD but I don't really care about Sony exclusives that much either, otherwise I'd have already bought a Playstation.

One platform with all the games is the dream, though I don’t ever see that happening with Nintendo. 

But we will eventually see all MicroSony games coming day one to PC. At that point I probably won’t bother buying consoles anymore.

KiigelHeart said:

PC is the closest you are going to get. All Microsoft games, soon most Sony games, use whatever controller you like, play at whatever settings you like, use whatever storefront you like. Only downside (and it’s a big one) is the initial barrier to entry is currently massive 

EricHiggin said:
chakkra said:

I notice that they're missing the warning to consumers that PS5 outperforms XBSX.

You know, just in case they didn't watch the testing, analysis and comparisons.

Wouldn't want them choosing the wrong system now would we?...

I know, I know.

'But PS5 doesn't always perform better.' 

Ok,

But COD isn't exclusive to XB either.

So...

Okay...

Quick question: Why are you telling that to me? I'm not the one who wrote that sign and put it up there. Maybe you should find a way to tell that to them.