By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bold prediction: Sony will sell The PS gaming Division before the end of 2024

KratosLives said:

lol remember the same headlines a year or so after ps3 launched ,how abysmal and bleak it all looked for the company?> xbxo 360 had a year head start launch, xbox live was ahead of it's time and psn wasn't as good, , ps3 was priced $100- $200 more, cell processor was a bitch to develop for, talks of sony playstation going bankrupt .. and look what happened. I swear many thought sony was legit going to sell the playstation off to apple. Ps3 came out on top in the end, had the better games, was still making AAA games right till the final year while xbox 360 went out quiet, ended up being the lead system to develop for for multiplats, globally sold better etc.. then ps4 came out and was leading all the way through. And so it continues with ps5. It aint going anywhere. They will be pushing tech with the dual sense along with vr2 to come and the continued leader of putting out AAA exclusives. I doubt a game such as call of duty which is on the decline will sway that many away from ps5, if microsoft decide to make it exclusive.

If anyhing microsoft seems to have paid more than what it's worth. Alot of those games in the portfolio don't bring in as much revenue as they used to. Todays audience and the future will compromise of people who weren't the same die hard fans that made those games so big.   if i had to bet, playstation will come out on top, xbox will go out, and nintendo will always be the quiet achiever.

The two situations are vastly different. Why?

The last time PlayStation bled, they just had to go into the healing tank. They had tons of third party studios to rely on increasing the value of the PS3 over time.

This time, Microsoft has gone and purchased a bunch of the healing liquid. Meaning going forward, Sony will have less and less third party games (especially Western) to rely on carrying their console. They will become increasingly dependent (starting in 2023 and really picking up towards 2025 and more after these contracts have ended) on their own first party lineup like Nintendo to push hardware.

The PS5 won't really be impacted by this. For at least half, maybe even two thirds of its life, things will go on mostly normal. But whatever comes after PS5 is already crippled before even arriving at the gate.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:

Do us a favour before making moronass replies and go learn what knee-jerk reaction means.

yes your first fucking reply

This is my first fucking reply, genius.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9352137

Last edited by Hynad - on 19 January 2022

Prediction: Nintendo is going to sell all of it's IPs before 2025. Why? Because... well, uhm...

because... humm...

uh...

Idk, maybe the games will stop selling or something...

Anyway, everyone's doomed.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 19 January 2022

Tripple post. Lol

Tripple post. Oopsy

Around the Network

Bank investors have been trying to buy PlayStation since time immemorial. The mere fact that Xbox had to spend 100s of billion dollars or whatever just to compete, and Nintendo “switched” its focus to the handheld market, all proves that Sony is the only dominant player in the game.

Look at PlayStation’s track record…. Just wait until the slim model is announced.

There is not a single reason to sell. OP can’t even think one. 

Same Song and dance the last 20 years just the name of the song has changed. "Nintendo going third party!" Last gen it was "Xbox going the third party" now finally it's Sony's turn for "Sony going the third party" come up with a new song for once. This one is old. If console maker doomers ever had an original thought it would die of loneliness.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Lol, no.

I wonder how many Acti/Bliz employees we see go elsewhere over the next year, like to SNY.

Just stop. I'm sure more knee jerk reaction threads incoming.