By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Its time for Halo to get a release every year.

Must everyone online constantly be competing over who has the worst takes?

Around the Network
Angelus said:

All cod teams should merge with 343 to make CoD: combat evolved. 

Ok, what do I win?

I know little about Halo. I played a few hours of multiplayer between ODST, 2, 3, and Reach. But I know enough to know the way to bring Halo back into the fold is not annual releases. Annual releases are a gamble. They can lead to fatigue among players, and even lower sales. Call of Duty is one of the few franchises in gaming to rake in massive amounts of money while doing annual releases for 15 or more years now.
Guitar Hero oversaturated itself and has more or less killed itself twice. Rock Band is in a similar boat.
Halo should probably get a follow-up to Infinite in 2-3 years and maybe a spin-off.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Mr Puggsly said:
Leynos said:

Ah yes oversaturation and franchise fatigue.

CoD is more like a sports series with the same audience coming back. Broader appeal. Halo is more specific and like any console maker's mascot. Those are more reserved for every couple to few years to make a better quality product and not saturate it too much. Cod is more like Madden at this point. Halo would just die this way. I'd argue it got too much in the 360 and early XBO era as sales went down and spinoffs kept coming out then soon in the bargain bin shelf. Halo isn't CoD and doesn't need to be.

Well not each game would play the same like CoD.

Each year would be unique experience. By that I mean one year is basically CoD with the Halo IP. That would include Halo: Warzone. The next year its Doom with the Halo IP. The next year would be an open world RPG developed by Blizzard.

Same IP, unique experiences. That's how you print money.

What a crappy idea. Get all those different studios, but then focus on the same single IP? Talk about boring and lacking creativity.

With the manpower they now have, they should strive to build and expand their catalogue with new interesting IPs, instead of doing the same they’ve always done, which is rely on the same darn 3 IPs for the last two decades.

Last edited by Hynad - on 29 January 2022

You are a fucking genius man !!!

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well not each game would play the same like CoD.

Each year would be unique experience. By that I mean one year is basically CoD with the Halo IP. That would include Halo: Warzone. The next year its Doom with the Halo IP. The next year would be an open world RPG developed by Blizzard.

Same IP, unique experiences. That's how you print money.

What a crappy idea. Get all those different studios, but then focus on the same single IP? Talk about boring and lacking creativity.

With the manpower they now have, they should strive to build expand their catalogue with new interesting IPs, instead of doing the same they’ve always done, which is rely on the same darn 3 IPs for the last two decades.

Not based.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

You are a fucking genius man !!!

Based.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

All cod teams should merge with 343 to make CoD: combat evolved. 

Ok, what do I win?

Bro, I like your thinking.

I've been playing some of the futuristic CoD titles. I've been in the mood for some stupid people fun and my Series X plays these games better now. Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare make me feel we should have a Halo game built with the CoD engine.

It should be called... Halo: Evolved Warfare.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

pikashoe said:

No

Good argument, I'm convinced.

I think this is a terrible idea. Halo isn't as big as CoD and when saturation would hits they'd risk to kill their flagship IP. Not a good idea. Put all of those studios to revive some dead franchises.

HELL NO. wtf