Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Just Bought My First Sony Game Ever

Men of the West, what say you?!

I shall or have purchased... 6 37.50%

I shall never stain my ho... 7 43.75%

They should have stayed on PS devices only! 3 18.75%

Total:16
Kakadu18 said:
Random_Matt said:

Justifying fanboy criteria is too hard. Hating a company = pathetic, unconditional love for a company = pathetic

Funny how people generally feel companies give a damn about them.

Yeah, looks like he doesn't want to answer my question. I think that says alot. Can't rationally hate a console and it's games if you never even owned the console or played any of the games.

Can you give me time to respond before assuming I don't have an answer? Plus, I've answered that question many times on this site. Anyway, going to the Zoo with my family. I'll answer later.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

Yeah, looks like he doesn't want to answer my question. I think that says alot. Can't rationally hate a console and it's games if you never even owned the console or played any of the games.

Can you give me time to respond before assuming I don't have an answer? Plus, I've answered that question many times on this site. Anyway, going to the Zoo with my family. I'll answer later.

I asked you two days ago lol.

Shiken said:
DonFerrari said:

1 - Dulfite have said time and again he doesn't own any Playstation HW. He bought God of War for PC and his first Sony game ever. And yes there is toxic fanbase for each platform, and you being on playstation would likely be more used to them.

2 - Yes he say he have a PC. This is the first Sony game he bought ever, not the first console, unless I'm totally wrong on my reading.

3- Sure. But on this, the way of the phrasing seems more like he have always liked than just started liking.

PS: Guess you have to reread his OP, if you remember his other posts it will also help you get context. And I don't dislike the guy, in fact I like his posts and the fact he doesn't pretend.

1.  I misread his original post.  Not above admitting when I am in the wrong, so disregard this point.  I read it as "first Sony console" and it registered as a similar thread to the one Kratoslives made when he got his first MS console.  My bad.

2.  You are correct in your reading here, but my point still stands.  There are a ton of narrative driven games on PC, and one does not need the "console they were known to be on" to love that type of game.

3.  Since my point 1 was a misread on my part, this is basically the same as point 2 now.  Story driven games are available on every console, one does not need a PS to love the genre.  With more Sony games going to PC, that need is diminishing anyway.  Whether or not his love fore them is a recent development or a product of playing these other games in the past, I cannot say.

I don't play PC so I wouldn't know of exclusives that are strong on narrative-driven. But yes there are plenty of multiplatform (so PC included) that are indeed great, like Resident Evil and Yakuza.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dulfite said:
Shiken said:

1.  I misread his original post.  Not above admitting when I am in the wrong, so disregard this point.  I read it as "first Sony console" and it registered as a similar thread to the one Kratoslives made when he got his first MS console.  My bad.

2.  You are correct in your reading here, but my point still stands.  There are a ton of narrative driven games on PC, and one does not need the "console they were known to be on" to love that type of game.

3.  Since my point 1 was a misread on my part, this is basically the same as point 2 now.  Story driven games are available on every console, one does not need a PS to love the genre.  With more Sony games going to PC, that need is diminishing anyway.  Whether or not his love fore them is a recent development or a product of playing these other games in the past, I cannot say.

I have enjoyed narrative PC games for many years, especially the Arkham games. Gamepass gives me access to so many of those I don't have time to play them all, so any I buy on PC these days have to REALLY stand out. I almost jumped on Horizon 1 as my first Sony game, but have pushed that back due to the criticism I've read of that game. When gow came out I couldn't resist as I've wanted to play it for years. If Spiderman comes out I will instant buy that on PC.

Most of the Sony narrative games have story components I don't enjoy. I am not into Zombies (so TLOU 1/2 are thrown out), or overly violent/bloody games, or games with a higher amount of cursing, or games with nudity/sexuality. Good stories don't need any of that for me, and including those details makes it unenjoyable to me. Nintendo has the other problem, not enough story despite having the setup I like.

Arkhan games aren't overly violent/bloody?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

I asked you two days ago lol.

Please point out where you asked that I didn't give an answer. I can't seem to find it.

I found it. I didn't respond to yours because I responded to the next post. I will respond later with specifics.

Around the Network

Enjoy, it is a solid game. And they’ll continue to put their games on PC and you won’t have to worry about their hardware or controller.

BasilZero said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Enjoy, it is a solid game. And they’ll continue to put their games on PC and you won’t have to worry about their hardware or controller.

The controllers are the best thing about the hardware.

Dont have a Dualsense but I am loving using my dualshock 4s on my PC (I can use it on my Switch as well with the adapter I have if I want to as well).

Different strokes for different folks. I have not been a fan of the DS controllers ever since the Type S Xbox controller launched.

BasilZero said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

The controllers are the best thing about the hardware.

Dont have a Dualsense but I am loving using my dualshock 4s on my PC (I can use it on my Switch as well with the adapter I have if I want to as well).

And you can use 3rd party controllers on PS, even xbox controllers with adapters. Not sure how that will go in PS5 though,

I bought a playstation console almost every generation so it's certainly not my first Sony Game ever but I did buy God of War on PC so it's my first Sony game on PC after Horizon Zero Dawn came out as a shat port initially.

As an owner of PS5 who has PSPlus thus can play God of War through PS+ Collection, I am glad I am playing it on PC. The checker-board rendering that the PS5 uses due to it being on BC mode is like night and day difference when you compare it to DLSS on PC and how much better DLSS is. And of course, the increase framerate and visuals is also a nice treat. I am also playing with the Dual Sense which works perfectly on PC.

What I would like to know is when are the PC improvements coming to PS5 with these older games? Horizon Zero Dawn has been out for some time on PC and it's been over a year since PS5 launched yet afaik, the only thing Horizon Zero Dawn got was a 60fps patch. I really hope Sony doesn't plan of leaving the PC improvements exclusively on PC...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

I bought a playstation console almost every generation so it's certainly not my first Sony Game ever but I did buy God of War on PC so it's my first Sony game on PC after Horizon Zero Dawn came out as a shat port initially.

As an owner of PS5 who has PSPlus thus can play God of War through PS+ Collection, I am glad I am playing it on PC. The checker-board rendering that the PS5 uses due to it being on BC mode is like night and day difference when you compare it to DLSS on PC and how much better DLSS is. And of course, the increase framerate and visuals is also a nice treat. I am also playing with the Dual Sense which works perfectly on PC.

What I would like to know is when are the PC improvements coming to PS5 with these older games? Horizon Zero Dawn has been out for some time on PC and it's been over a year since PS5 launched yet afaik, the only thing Horizon Zero Dawn got was a 60fps patch. I really hope Sony doesn't plan of leaving the PC improvements exclusively on PC...

There is no PS5 version of HZD or GOW, the improvements on the PC cannot be done without there being a PS5 version.