Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Just Bought My First Sony Game Ever

Men of the West, what say you?!

I shall or have purchased... 6 37.50%

I shall never stain my ho... 7 43.75%

They should have stayed on PS devices only! 3 18.75%

Total:16
Dulfite said:
pitzy272 said:

Before you continue, I rec watching a video like IGN’s “God of War in 5 minutesâ€Â to at least understand the preceding story a little.

I really didn’t like the original GoW games, but GoW 2018 is my favorite game of all time. Hope you enjoy it.

I read a recap article on the previous games before even buying it to see if I'd like the general story setup.

For someone who professes to not liking blood and extreme violence you sure have got the wrong game in GOW. taking about TLOUS why the infected are somewhat zombie like the game doesn't really play out like your typical zombie game, they are more like obstacles to be avoided and  to me anyway they come across more like they have been transformed into different types of dangerous animals some solitary others pack types after the cordyceps spores have infected them. TLOUS story is less to do with the infected and more about how the outbreak has broken down society and the politics underlining this new world,it is mankind who is by far the most dangerous predator in TLOUS.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 17 January 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Why hath thy loathed Playstation?

I don't know either but for someone who has never owned one you see him commenting a lot not just in general but also in Sony specific articles and threads, now while that's his prerogative, he sure does show a lot of interest in the PlayStation side of things, especially considering that he proclaims to have no gaming interest in them at all.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 17 January 2022

mjk45 said:
Dulfite said:

I read a recap article on the previous games before even buying it to see if I'd like the general story setup.

For someone who professes to not liking blood and extreme violence you sure have got the wrong game in GOW. taking about the TLOUS why the infected are somewhat zombie like the game doesn't really play out like your typical zombie game, they are more like obstacles to be avoided and  to me anyway they come across more like they have been transformed into different types of dangerous animals some solitary others pack types after the cordyceps spores have infected them. TLOUS story is less to do with the infected and more about how the outbreak as broken down society and the politics underlining this new world,it is mankind who is by far the most dangerous predator in TLOUS.

In TLOUS 2 I actually forgot about the zombies existence every time I didn't have to kill them. It's more than anything and story about human conflicts

Dulfite will hate it nonetheless, so I hope he never play it. Defending TLOU 2 story from people who understand nothing about screenplay became an incredible tiresome activity 

Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

The following is my opinion.

1) I don't like 99% of mature games or R movies. Seeing people dismembered, tortured, sex scenes, or any combination thereof is not why I play video games. Many PlayStation games fall into these categories. There are exceptions, but they haven't been enough to justify the expense of buying a PlayStation. 

2) For my kid/teen years, I loved my GameCube dearly. It was the console me and my friends played every day. None of us had any time for PS2's because all our gaming time was spent going back and forth between Smash Melee, Mario Party, Star Wars Clone Wats, Rogue Squadron 2, and the hordes of other games on the purple box. That is, to this day, my single favorite gaming console ever, so PlayStation didn't really stand a chance of winning over my time back then. I certainly couldn't afford two devices then and since we all were playing GC like crazy that furthered me not buying one. Then PS3 came out with an absurdly high price point and that was extremely off-putting and I loved GameCube so much that I got a Wii.

3) I have never liked the PS controller design. It's always felt weird in my hands, unlike the perfect gaming controller that is the GameCube which felt more comfortable in my hand than any other controller.

4) The fanboy impact. When I was younger I encountered a lot of kids who owned PlayStations and had a rather arrogant mindset because of it. They'd always brag about how much better the PS was compared to Nintendo, kind of like Apple fanatics we're just as insulting in high school. That rubbed me the wrong way. Should I hate on a company for what their consumers do? No, but I was a dumb kid myself lol.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I fully understand your viewpoint.

mjk45 said:
Kakadu18 said:

I don't know either but for someone who has never owned one you see him commenting a lot not just in general but also in Sony specific articles and threads, now while that's his prerogative, he sure does show a lot of interest in the PlayStation side of things, especially considering that he proclaims to have no gaming interest in them at all.

Nowadays that's just me being a goofball lol. It used to be serious. Microsoft kind of broke me out of my "Nintendo or go home" philosophy on gaming years ago, as well as some third parties, and now I'm a lot more open minded. I just currently don't have access to hardly any Sony games because I don't have the time to justify owning a Switch, gaming PC, and PlayStation.

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
mjk45 said:

For someone who professes to not liking blood and extreme violence you sure have got the wrong game in GOW. taking about the TLOUS why the infected are somewhat zombie like the game doesn't really play out like your typical zombie game, they are more like obstacles to be avoided and  to me anyway they come across more like they have been transformed into different types of dangerous animals some solitary others pack types after the cordyceps spores have infected them. TLOUS story is less to do with the infected and more about how the outbreak as broken down society and the politics underlining this new world,it is mankind who is by far the most dangerous predator in TLOUS.

In TLOUS 2 I actually forgot about the zombies existence every time I didn't have to kill them. It's more than anything and story about human conflicts

Dulfite will hate it nonetheless, so I hope he never play it. Defending TLOU 2 story from people who understand nothing about screenplay became an incredible tiresome activity 

I understand nothing about screenplay? Why assume that?

I just don't like horror games or zombie games. They gross me out and increase my anxiety level. No thanks!

Also, I grow tired of defending my tastes in this thread, so I shall retire. I shall not reply anymore. Have the last words of you must and good day.

Dulfite said:
mjk45 said:

Nowadays that's just me being a goofball lol. It used to be serious. Microsoft kind of broke me out of my "Nintendo or go home" philosophy on gaming years ago, as well as some third parties, and now I'm a lot more open minded. I just currently don't have access to hardly any Sony games because I don't have the time to justify owning a Switch, gaming PC, and PlayStation.

My question is why start with GOW it is infamous for its violence, also why you may not like zombie games tlous isn't a typical zombie game it's nothing like resident evil etc but that may be better discussed in the future.

Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

The following is my opinion.

1) I don't like 99% of mature games or R movies. Seeing people dismembered, tortured, sex scenes, or any combination thereof is not why I play video games. Many PlayStation games fall into these categories. There are exceptions, but they haven't been enough to justify the expense of buying a PlayStation. 

2) For my kid/teen years, I loved my GameCube dearly. It was the console me and my friends played every day. None of us had any time for PS2's because all our gaming time was spent going back and forth between Smash Melee, Mario Party, Star Wars Clone Wats, Rogue Squadron 2, and the hordes of other games on the purple box. That is, to this day, my single favorite gaming console ever, so PlayStation didn't really stand a chance of winning over my time back then. I certainly couldn't afford two devices then and since we all were playing GC like crazy that furthered me not buying one. Then PS3 came out with an absurdly high price point and that was extremely off-putting and I loved GameCube so much that I got a Wii.

3) I have never liked the PS controller design. It's always felt weird in my hands, unlike the perfect gaming controller that is the GameCube which felt more comfortable in my hand than any other controller.

4) The fanboy impact. When I was younger I encountered a lot of kids who owned PlayStations and had a rather arrogant mindset because of it. They'd always brag about how much better the PS was compared to Nintendo, kind of like Apple fanatics we're just as insulting in high school. That rubbed me the wrong way. Should I hate on a company for what their consumers do? No, but I was a dumb kid myself lol.

The ps2 era couldn't end soon enough. Sony being that far ahead with sales was awful. It's nice to know nintendo has won the last two console generations against them and restored order.

I lack interest in Sony games too. Had a ps, didn’t care for it. I found no interest in ps2 aside from a few niche titles (rygar, berserk, ultimate muscle, altered beast). I didn’t need a ps3 but I bought one with a psp go out of novelty. Tried ps4 and sold it pretty quickly.

I think the company is great and they make good decisions for the fans and devs. I love their console style and software design. They are the best at all of that. I just don’t like their 1st party games or fan attitude because when Dreamcast died I became prejudice! Sorry!