By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Closes 2021 at the Top, PS5 Takes 2nd - Global Hardware Dec 26 to Jan 1

Kakadu18 said:
kenjab said:

That's interesting. How many can there still be left to sell?

I only see used/refurbished options from the big retailers in my searches.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Looks like I might stop tracking two consoles in 2022 instead of just one. I know Famitsu is still reporting on 3DS sales in Japan. But seriously how many can really be left? Plus our sales numbers for the 3DS match shipment figures. 

Now looks like Xbox One has pretty much zero stock left with it being discontinued at the end of 2020. 

I'm also seeing two numbers for Xbox One figures. Zhuge estimates around 56 million Xbox One consoles sold, while Famitsu says shipment numbers are at 49.89 million.

Wow, that's a pretty wide discrepancy.  So either XBox One never crossed the 50 million unit mark or, it passed it by a wide margin?

Wow, their last estimate was 51mil as of Q2 2020. Why did they so suddenly raise it by that much?

Kakadu18 said:

Wow, their last estimate was 51mil as of Q2 2020. Why did they so suddenly raise it by that much?

A bunch of people that accidentally bought them thinking they were Series?

Xbox One X Xbox On S Xbox Series S Xbox Series X

All look pretty similar to me and I'm a gamer. Imagine the confusion parents had.

Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

A bunch of people that accidentally bought them thinking they were Series?

Xbox One X Xbox On S Xbox Series S Xbox Series X

All look pretty similar to me and I'm a gamer. Imagine the confusion parents had.

Not 5mil though, there most likely weren't so many unsold consoles left.

Around the Network

Well, farewell Xbone.

Can't say you were a great console, but at least Microsoft seems to have learned from your failings and Xbox Series is better for it.

I never felt like buying an Xbone, but I'm definitely planning on getting a Series X.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 January 2022

3.65 millions units sold at the end of 2021 in Europe for the Xbox Series seem too high with all the data we have no?

a bit more than 1'000'000 in the UK
a bit more than 100'000 in Spain
300'000 in France

Around 2 millions in the rest in Europe doesn't seem realistic when we know that the UK is XBOX only strong maket in the continent.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Oh wow it really did barely pass 50m. Seems it got adjusted down somewhat the past few days so now it feels kinda like a coin flip what side it'll end up on after the quarterly reports.

Yeah the Series X/S is down in the US and UK compared to the Xbone and MS confirmed it's still the best selling Xbox so it's probably doing better in other regions like Japan, South Africa, other European countries etc.

trunkswd said:
Norion said:

Oh wow it really did barely pass 50m. Seems it got adjusted down somewhat the past few days so now it feels kinda like a coin flip what side it'll end up on after the quarterly reports.

Yeah I made some adjustments in November and December in the UK based on the latest official data that was published on GamesIndustry earlier the week. Since we know how many total consoles were sold each month and the % increase of each console from November to December.

What were those adjustments?