By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Closes 2021 at the Top, PS5 Takes 2nd - Global Hardware Dec 26 to Jan 1

Kakadu18 said:
kenjab said:

Since it's being reported that the XBox One stopped production at the end of 2020, more than a year ago, I think the site can safely stop updating it now.

Wasn't it just the One X? I thought the One S was kept in production.



SW-3707-5131-3911

Around the Network
kenjab said:
Kakadu18 said:

Wasn't it just the One X? I thought the One S was kept in production.

That's interesting. How many can there still be left to sell?



Kakadu18 said:
kenjab said:

That's interesting. How many can there still be left to sell?

I only see used/refurbished options from the big retailers in my searches.



Looks like I might stop tracking two consoles in 2022 instead of just one. I know Famitsu is still reporting on 3DS sales in Japan. But seriously how many can really be left? Plus our sales numbers for the 3DS match shipment figures. 

Now looks like Xbox One has pretty much zero stock left with it being discontinued at the end of 2020. 

I'm also seeing two numbers for Xbox One figures. Zhuge estimates around 56 million Xbox One consoles sold, while Famitsu says shipment numbers are at 49.89 million.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Looks like I might stop tracking two consoles in 2022 instead of just one. I know Famitsu is still reporting on 3DS sales in Japan. But seriously how many can really be left? Plus our sales numbers for the 3DS match shipment figures. 

Now looks like Xbox One has pretty much zero stock left with it being discontinued at the end of 2020. 

I'm also seeing two numbers for Xbox One figures. Zhuge estimates around 56 million Xbox One consoles sold, while Famitsu says shipment numbers are at 49.89 million.

Wow, that's a pretty wide discrepancy.  So either XBox One never crossed the 50 million unit mark or, it passed it by a wide margin?



Around the Network

Wow, their last estimate was 51mil as of Q2 2020. Why did they so suddenly raise it by that much?



Kakadu18 said:

Wow, their last estimate was 51mil as of Q2 2020. Why did they so suddenly raise it by that much?

A bunch of people that accidentally bought them thinking they were Series?

Xbox One X Xbox On S Xbox Series S Xbox Series X

All look pretty similar to me and I'm a gamer. Imagine the confusion parents had.



Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

Wow, their last estimate was 51mil as of Q2 2020. Why did they so suddenly raise it by that much?

A bunch of people that accidentally bought them thinking they were Series?

Xbox One X Xbox On S Xbox Series S Xbox Series X

All look pretty similar to me and I'm a gamer. Imagine the confusion parents had.

Not 5mil though, there most likely weren't so many unsold consoles left.



Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

A bunch of people that accidentally bought them thinking they were Series?

Xbox One X Xbox On S Xbox Series S Xbox Series X

All look pretty similar to me and I'm a gamer. Imagine the confusion parents had.

Not 5mil though, there most likely weren't so many unsold consoles left.

At that point Microsoft would have only produced 1 or 2 million Xbox Ones at the most as they shifted their focus to the Xbox Series X and S.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Well, farewell Xbone.

Can't say you were a great console, but at least Microsoft seems to have learned from your failings and Xbox Series is better for it.

I never felt like buying an Xbone, but I'm definitely planning on getting a Series X.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 January 2022

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.