By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Closes 2021 at the Top, PS5 Takes 2nd - Global Hardware Dec 26 to Jan 1

The split numbers in the various regions are different from the ones on the home page, is it just me?

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Around the Network

Thx.

So close to outselling the PS1

Nice PS5 and Xbox Series sales to end out the year, the latter in particular really is in another league in terms of demand right now compared to its predecessor. If I did the math right the final hardware total for the year will be 50.3m barring any future adjustments so as long as things don't get adjusted down too much in the coming weeks it'll have managed to barely cross the 50m mark for the first time since 2012 which is nice. Even if it does get adjusted under it'll still be the highest total in close to a decade.

Overall while it would've been millions higher without shortages 2021 was still a very strong year for hardware and 2022 should be similar. Probably 1-3m lower depending on how down the Switch ends up being. 

All three current gen platforms end 2021 on a good note.

An especially close result in North America, with all three within a 26k range of each other. Definitely the most interesting region sales wise as it's anybody's game.

Around the Network

Switch just barely missed passing the PS1 before the end of the year. Of course, I am sure it will do it next week, but it would have been another nice milestone for 2021.

Since it's being reported that the XBox One stopped production at the end of 2020, more than a year ago, I think the site can safely stop updating it now.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:

Since it's being reported that the XBox One stopped production at the end of 2020, more than a year ago, I think the site can safely stop updating it now.

Wasn't it just the One X? I thought the One S was kept in production.

Kakadu18 said:
kenjab said:

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:
Kakadu18 said:

That's interesting. How many can there still be left to sell?