By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Top 101M, PS5 Tops 17M - Global Hardware Dec 19 to 25

Switch passing the Wii already and it feels like there is still room for a lot more.
Xbox S|X trailing PS5 very closely, both doing good for the situation.
Nonetheless, i feel like Xbox can be really proud of the year they had. Even with long delays they managed to build on their brand and securing the xbox ecosystem. They gained ground during this year and it can only be positive for the industry.

Around the Network

Who would have thought in 2017 that Switch would have outsold Wii and is still going strong at the 5 year mark. I can't wait to see how much farther it will go, Congratulations Nintendo on the biggest comeback!

trunkswd said:
Ninten78 said:

Who would have thought in 2017 that Switch would have outsold Wii and is still going strong at the 5 year mark. I can't wait to see how much farther it will go, Congratulations Nintendo on the biggest comeback!

Unless sales drop drastically this year it should easily be over 120 million by the end of 2022.

How long of a life do you see the console having?

I think it's safe to say Nintendo won the 9th gen.

Last edited by Ninten78 - on 07 January 2022

Can PS4 still outsell the Game Boy?

It happened, yay!
How come the Switch is down WoW on Christmas week? Last year it was down even more it seems in that week.

Around the Network

Switch 101.88m
PS1 102.5m

"Oh magic 8-ball, will the Switch outsell the PS1 before the end of 2021?"

trunkswd said:
Kakadu18 said:

It happened, yay!
How come the Switch is down WoW on Christmas week? Last year it was down even more it seems in that week.

Stores are closed on Christmas day and most people would have done their shopping by Christmas eve. So think of it as a week with 1 or 2 less days of shopping. Last year Christmas landed on the Friday.

Right, makes sense.

Next two weeks numbers will be interesting, especially in the US where PS5 received some Big drops.

It's one of these "I was there" moment

Now that Switch has hit that threshold. Sales should immediately cease. This is the cliff!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.