By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your biggest problem with the Switch right now?

Your biggest problem with the Switch right now?

Underpowered, Games Look Outdated 19 28.36%

Lack of Online Features 3 4.48%

Lack of 3rd Party Games 1 1.49%

Lack of First Party Games 5 7.46%

Lack of Features (Netflix, Menu Themes,ECT) 4 5.97%

Lack of Retro Games 4 5.97%

Games/Services Too Expensive 10 14.93%

Lack of Storage 4 5.97%

Cheap, bad hardware quality 3 4.48%

Other (Comment) 14 20.90%

Total:67

With the Switch now quickly approaching the 5-year mark, I wanna know is currently your biggest problem with the Switch right now?

I personally love the Switch as it could be my favorite console ever, but it does have its shortcomings.

I'd say my biggest problem with the Switch is the lack of retro games on Switch. While we do have NES/SNES/Genesis & finally N64 games on Switch. I still think the library is lacking compared to stuff like the Wii U/Wii. I want Gameboy advance games on the service, DS games, and while we do have N64 now the library is still severely lacking especially to justify spending 50$ on it. However, the thing I easily want the most on the Switch Online service is Gamecube games, Gamecube has the most games that I care about out of any console and it sucks cause nowadays its so difficult for most people to play Gamecube games cause of how expensive GC games & accessories have gotten in recent years and Nintendo literally hasn't done shit to bring back Gamecube games on their more modern consoles making it so difficult to jump back to gamecube games. For most people wanting to return to playing Gamecube games, they either have to spend potentially hundreds of dollars for a few games & accessories or emulate them, which for the average consumer(Like ME) it isn't as convenient or easy to set up as just playing these games officially on modern hardware & on a portable console.I went a little bit too long on a rant of lack of Gamecube games lol but it really shows the problem of the lack of easy access to retro content on Switch. I'd also would like Wii games downloadable like on the Wii U if possible, but more specifically I want GBA,DS,GC, and more N64 games on the service. That's probably the biggest problem I have with the Switch rn.

How bout you guys?

Around the Network

None of the poll options bother me. The system itself is fantastic.

My only issue with the Switch is how stingy Nintendo is as far as dating and detailing its upcoming games. I wanna know when I can play Kirby and Splatoon 3, and I wanna see more of BOTW2.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 December 2021

My biggest issue with this thread is that big ass wall of text with what looks like no punctuation. Break that thing up into paragraphs, please.

It is exactly what it wants/needs to be. The only problem with it and the only thing they need to fix is JoyCon Drift.

Being a portable/console hybrid means that a lot of the graphics and performance are compromised for that versatility. You win some, you lose some. Plus the exclusives are fantastic, and it performs remarkably well when the developers know what they're doing (Smash Bros and a handful of the ports are proof the console CAN perform well if the programming is adequate).

If you want fidelity or framerate or ray tracing or impeccable online, get a PS5 or Xbox. That's not Nintendo's thing. And clearly it's doing them good, because it's about a week or two away from becomming Nintendo's best-selling home console and is already Nintendo's 3rd best-selling handheld device.

Fix the JoyCon Drift and the console is a near-perfect reprsentation of exactly what it's trying to be. Whether or not Nintendo has the wherewithal to do better than that is yet to be seen (Their business practices are weird), but the console itself is great.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

The lack of price cuts. I suppose this coincides with the lack of supply.

It is like I could spend $300+ for a 5 year old console, or I could spend $100 more for the latest tech. Makes my decision more difficult.

Around the Network

Well aside from the lack of analog triggers. My biggest issues with the Switch is load times. The SD Card standard they chose has mechanical drive levels of speed. I wish the storage was as fast a good USB 3.0/3.1 thumb drive. The USB 3.0 thumb drive I use to run my PS4 games on my PS5 is 4 times as fast as the 100MB/s cap for SD cards on the Switch.

I'd love to have folders for demos, gamecard games, digital games, finished games etc. My library is a complete mess.

The next main controller MUST have analog shoulder buttons. Playing racing games on Switch is not that much fun.

Joy-con drift is horrible and annoying.

Option in global settings if you prefer resolution or frame rate.

Faster memory. Loading times are awful. Rocket League needs 10 seconds for loading a stage (on PC it's under 1 second). Ori and the Will of the Wisps needs over 100 seconds to load the main menu. That's awful for a flash memory based system.

Everything of these points are equal problems for me currently.

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 28 December 2021

I want Folders and the ability for local backup. Messaging my friends on a system-level be nice.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Second biggest issue is joy-con drift.

Biggest issue is too many great indie games that are not available in physical version or maybe in physical only from Limited Run Games.  By the time I realize which indie games are worth collecting, often Limited Run has already made the few physical versions and then I'm SoL on getting one.

Want it to be more customizable. Wallpapers and such.