By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your biggest problem with the Switch right now?

Your biggest problem with the Switch right now?

Underpowered, Games Look Outdated 19 28.36%

Lack of Online Features 3 4.48%

Lack of 3rd Party Games 1 1.49%

Lack of First Party Games 5 7.46%

Lack of Features (Netflix, Menu Themes,ECT) 4 5.97%

Lack of Retro Games 4 5.97%

Games/Services Too Expensive 10 14.93%

Lack of Storage 4 5.97%

Cheap, bad hardware quality 3 4.48%

Other (Comment) 14 20.90%

Total:67

Probably migrating more of their software over from Wii/Wii U to Switch. But some franchises aren't even properly on the Switch yet. I'd love to see a Joycon Wii Sports game, or at least ports of the old ones. We got a "Fit" game with Ring Fit Adventure - Nintendo barely acknowledged its existence with a relatively quiet launch, but it turned out to be a massive sleeper hit selling over 10 million units, and continues to sell out. Nintendo hasn't shown signs they've taken a hint.

On the Wii U, they basically ignored my favourite game on the console, Xenoblade Chronicles X. I liked it a lot more than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and feel its only beaten by Witcher 3 on Switch as far as RPGs go... Although, Xenoblade Chronicles X does outclass Witcher 3 in some regards.

Also, I wish Nintendo would add incentives for companies to migrate the rest of their VC games from past generations to the EShop or Nintendo Online bonus services. There are still key titles missing, including some from Nintendo themselves.

I can still turn on my Wii and play the best versions of FF6 and Chrono Trigger. While Square has brought a TON of their catalogue to the Switch that didn't make it to Wii or Wii U, they're still missing some of these key titles. It would be a lot more convenient if they'd just move that stuff over. I would have zero issues paying full price on them, I just want everything on Switch.

That said, it's hard to say there's a "Lack" of catalogue software when I've probably now purchased more of it on Switch than any other console ever... maybe every console combined. Some of the games that have come through on Switch are phenomenal. Grandia 1 and 2, Final Fantasy Legend trilogy, Saga games, including Romancing Saga games, Final Fantasy Fucking 7, 8, and X - three of my favourite games I thought I'd never see on a Nintendo console. Even that sweet update of ActRaiser. Many Castlevania games.

But now I want Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time, and Terranigma. I want Lunar SSS and EB. Suikoden 1 and 2. Real versions of the GTA3 Trilogy with ALL the music (I assume gyro aiming works?). Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 6. Dragon Quest 4 and 5, and 9 (Nintendo published that one).

Not that I need them right away, I have a substantial backlogue. I still look forward to what's coming in 2022. So many possibilities.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Eh. I’d say the only thing I wish I had was UI improvements like folders, choose which titles to display on profile, themes, etc. just small enhancements I’d enjoy that don’t necessarily make it to a problem

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

-Too many remakes
- No original 2D Mario game yet
- No original DK game yet
- No original Mario Kart game
- Where is Metroid Prime?
- The machine is in a better position compared to say late 3DS but it still looks generally outdated
- No proper Virtual Console
- Online infrastructure is crap
- Pro controllers are more expensive than an Xbox controllers. Why?

At this stage its power. Though how much this matters is a case by case depending on the game. But a new switch that can run BOTW2 at 720p60 in handheld mode would be most welcome.

Switch is ancient tech now.

I want more first party games, the rest I don't care.

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Power.

Botw, Odyssey, Mario+Rabbids all blew my mind when they were released for numerous reasons, but especially visually.

Now we have Botw 2, either Odyssey 2 or a Donkey Kong game, and Mario+Rabbids 2 coming all probably going to look identical to their first Switch games to the general consumer (aka not people that come to gaming sites and look at digital foundry videos). That feeling of getting blown away isn't going to be there for those games because we already have those games on the Switch. Just like Galaxy 2 didn't blow me out of the water after Galaxy 1 did.

I want to be excited, have my mind blown, and you can't do that using the same engines with the same technical limitations on outdated hardware. I'm ready for Switch 2!

Zippy6 said:

At this stage its power. Though how much this matters is a case by case depending on the game. But a new switch that can run BOTW2 at 720p60 in handheld mode would be most welcome.

An open world game running at 60fps ? A thing not even the PS4 Pro nor the One X could achieve at 4Tf/6Tflops ?

SKMBlake said:
Zippy6 said:

An open world game running at 60fps ? A thing not even the PS4 Pro nor the One X could achieve at 4Tf/6Tflops ?

That's a terrible way of looking at it. Not all openworld games use the same power.

Of course the PS4 Pro could achieve that heck the PS2 could it depends on the game in question.

A new Switch that can run the same content as the current switch at twice the framerate and a slightly higher resolution isn't some unachievable idea lol.

My biggest problem with it is, no standalone console version. The stand is pretty awkward, I rather just have a Wii-U like box I can plug into the tv out of sight.

I picked bad hardware quality from the poll since I had to send the joy-cons back for stick drift issues. They are also a bit small to be used comfortably. How is the stick drift with the pro controller? Would that be a good choice for BotW2? Can you do all the motion stuff with the pro controller in BotW?

Zippy6 said:
SKMBlake said:

That's a terrible way of looking at it. Not all openworld games use the same power.

Of course the PS4 Pro could achieve that heck the PS2 could it depends on the game in question.

A new Switch that can run the same content as the current switch at twice the framerate and a slightly higher resolution isn't some unachievable idea lol.

Even PS360 remasters of open world games couldn't run at 60fps on the high end machines from last gen. We barely start to see what an open world at 60 would look like with the new gen. So no.